III.

Devil May Cry

Jihoon stretches his tired body and stares at a couple of his classmates who are busy chit-chatting and planning where they will take their lunch, their professor had just dismissed them because of an emergency.

"Soonyoung! Come on let's eat!"

"You know the rule Jun. We need to wait for the others."

"Soonyoung-hyung! Jun-hyung!"

"Hey Seungkwan! Where are they?"

"They are waiting in the cafeteria. Come on! They reserved seats for us. The vacant seats inside are now ancient history."

"Yikes! Come on!"

Jihoon sighs, watching his classmates and their friends go out of the room, what's wrong with me? Am I not that likeable? What did I do wrong? Am I that ugly? Why no one approaches me? Why no one wants to be my friend? Why no one sees me? Why?

Jihoon contemplates whether to go in the cafeteria since his classmates said that it is already crowded or see it for himself. Jihoon picks his bag and lunch box and heads out of the room. Unknown to him, there is a pair of dark brown eyes watching him.
 

†††

"Hi!"

Jihoon's sleep deprived body jerks as a man touches his slumped shoulder. He is currently inside the school's library stealing some precious minutes of sleep. When the array of dreams started, Jihoon started to have bad sleeping habits.

"Oh hi." Jihoon rubs his eyes with the back of his hand, his voice husky and his eyes adjusting to the bright lights.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but, I was just wandering if you can let me borrow that chemistry book? I'm very sorry to disturb your sleep but that was the only book here that is of the edition I need." The man said apologetically, pointing at the book under Jihoon's arms, his eyes full of concern and his lips twisted in a light frown.

"Oh, no problem!" Jihoon picks the book and hands it towards the man. Their hands brush and Jihoon swears he saw the man's charcoal colored eyes turned into ruby red. The man smiled at him sweetly. "Thank you very much!"

The hair on Jihoon's nape stands on ends and he feels the chill coursing his whole body. His head lighter and his heart beating faster. The man stares at him and his eyes a pit of black orbs. Jihoon's breathing becomes erratic and his vision slowly fading.

"By the way, I'm Yoon Jeonghan." The man offers his hand. Jihoon wants to stand. Wants to run. Wants to hide but he cannot for some unfathomable reason. He is glued on his seat; he is magnetized by the man in front of him.

The eyes of the man changes from black orbs to an emerald colored one. The man whispers something but Jihoon didn't quite hear it.

Jihoon feels a certain kind of Deja vu.

But instead of feeling safe and relieve he feels trapped and tricked. As if he is being force to do something that he doesn't want. "Come on." Jeonghan whispers seductively, reaching for Jihoon's hands.

Jihoon doesn't like to shake the stranger's hand. He doesn't want to shake the stranger's hand. He can feel that if he accepts the hand something bad will happen. Jihoon shakes his head, he's tempted but somehow deep in his core he knows that he shouldn't do it.

"Why not?" The sweet voice is replaced by a deep, guttural voice, as if the man is being possessed by some evil spirit. "Leave me alone." Jihoon whispers, finally mustering all the strength in him, stands up. He then realizes that the library is empty except for the two of them. Jihoon decides to run for the door. He dashes as fast as he can but the door is slammed and all the windows closes.

"What do you want?" Jihoon's voice is trembling, like his whole body. "I want you." The sweet voice is back but the underlying tone of it sends Jihoon's skin crawl.

"I'm sorry b-but I'm t-taken." Jihoon lies, he never in his entire life dated someone. "Besides, I'm waaaay past your l-league. You're so pretty." Which is not certainly a lie. The man in front of him is of ethereal beauty. His hair is cut in shoulder length and his skin was as light as snow, his body is lean and his face can pass as a girl. He's even more beautiful than the girls in his school.

"Pretty? Thanks." Jeonghan giggles and for a while Jihoon thought that he can make it out alive. "But I still want you. Not in the way that you're thinking though. But- I. Want. Your. Soul."

In a blink of an eye, Jeonghan pinned Jihoon against the wall, lifting Jihoon on his feet by choking him. Jihoon's feet kicks the man furiously. "Sssss-tttttop! Let gggggggo!" Jihoon screams as he punched the man though it is the air he punches.

"You're tough. How can you still manage to speak and be alive with the presence of a devil prince in front of you?" Jeonghan just stands there as if there isn't someone who is resisting him. "You're one of a kind." Just with the mere presence of a devil prince, a human can be burn alive.

"I- I can't b-br-breathe." Jihoon continuously taps the hand that is around his neck. But as the seconds go, the hand seems to tighten even more, Jihoon's body limps and all the fight escapes him. He closes his eyes.

It all dawned on Jihoon, he will die there. In the arms of a devil who forced him to give his soul., a devil who forces himself to him. A devil whom he didn't had a deal with. In his clouded mind, Jihoon thought of the devil he dealt with, his devil. Where's the devil when you needed him?

"Now. Good boy." Jeonghan lowers Jihoon and leans his face closely to Jihoon's. He's cute and has a boyish charm, Jeonghan thinks.

Jeonghan opens his mouth and is about to kiss Jihoon when the all the lights inside the library exploded. Jihoon automatically covers his ears with his hands and ducks his head. Jeonghan lets go of Jihoon and turn his head towards the biggest window of the library, the one at the second floor which shows the moon outside the building.

"First born." Jihoon hears Jeonghan said. Jihoon slowly straightens his back and nails his attention at the window. There is something or someone sitting cross legged at the base of it. His features are hidden through the darkness. The moonlight doing a reverse spotlight. The light radiating from the moon is too bright that only the silhouette of the man sitting on the window is visible.

Jihoon knows him. Jihoon knows to whom is that silhouette belongs to. The built, the posture, the toned chest, the confident cross legged sitting. It is him. The devil. Jihoon's devil. But where are his wings? Where are the magnificent wings?

"What are you doing, second born?" The devil tilts his head questioningly.

"Hmmn. Nothing!" Jeonghan pockets both his hands and smiled sweetly.

The silence falls and Jihoon can feel the atmosphere getting heavier and hotter, he perspires and can feel his skin getting burn. In a few seconds, he knows that he will be fried inside the library. He can imagine the headline of the newspaper for tomorrow.

A college student toasted alive inside the library without known reason.

"Leave him alone. He's mine."

Jeonghan snickers, returning his attention back to the heaving Jihoon behind him. "Oh. Now I understand the resistance." Jeonghan's eyes glow against the darkness. "First born. . ."

"I know. For some reason, some of the rules do not apply to him." The devil said, staring at Jihoon. The devil's eyes are a glowing brown pair, just like Jihoon's. Jihoon wants to run towards the devil at the window, wrap his arms around its shoulders and tell him that he is scared to death.

"Do not touch him or go near him again or I'll kill you."

Jeonghan smirks at Jihoon and mouths, "I'll get you. Soon."

Jeonghan laughs and put some strands of his hair behind his ear. He glances back at the other devil but the devil at the window is gone. Jeonghan's eyes turn into black orbs as he feels someone choking him. He groans and reaches for the other devil's neck but the first born catches it before he can reach for it.

"What the f- first born!" Jeonghan growled, his voice deeper and scarier.

The devil chokes him stronger, Jihoon swears that he heard something break. He's not sure if it came from his devil's hand or the other devil's throat. Jihoon winces at these thoughts.

"You know I won't blink an eye in killing you though we came from the same bloodline. Not to mention you're my full blooded brother." The devil snarls.

"I- I- I understand! Now let go of me!"

The devil lets go of the other devil. Jeonghan catches his breath as he touches the damage in his throat. His larynx is broken and a bone protruded from the side of his neck. Jihoon wants to vomit at the sight. Jeonghan glares at his brother and spreads his wings.

Unlike his devil's wings which mirrors the darkness of the night that makes it a lustrous, fiery black, Jeonghan's wings are of silver color, with a few grayish feather. The combination of silver and gray looks exquisite and it looks very gallant. It suits Jeonghan so well. It’s really beautiful.

Jeonghan bows towards Jihoon and starts to flap his wings, making the air around him dance and in no time he is flying. He throws one last glance at his brother then a mischievous smile graces his lips as he looks at Jihoon.

"We will meet again Lee Jihoon."

With that, he vanishes through thin air together with his promise.

Jihoon faints but the devil catches him before he hits the ground. Jihoon is about to say something when the devil snaps his fingers and Jihoon's mind shuts down and his body following soon.

The devil carries Jihoon as Jihoon dozes off.