XIII.

Devil May Cry

Jihoon wakes with a start. He eyes the flashing digital clock at his bedside, wondering if he's already awake or still in that semi-conscious state wherein you're body is doing something but still your mind isn't cooperating.

November 20, 2017

4:47 am.

He reads.

Jihoon blinks as if he's in daze. Recalling all the events that had happened to him this past month. He called for the devil, made a pact with the devil and is now rooming with the devil.

Ah. The devil.

The dangerous, enigmatic and gorgeous devil who goes by the name Choi Seungcheol.

"The First Born Prince of Hell, Choi Seungcheol." Jihoon whispers as his eyes turn from its normal shade to violet.

Jihoon sits up and stretches his arms over his head, he playfully taps his fingers against his lap with a tiny smirk on his youthful face. He gets up and stands, paying a quick look at his unmade bed. He stealthily walks towards the room at the end of the hallway, the devil's room.

Jihoon bites his lower lip as he turns the doorknob, hoping that the devil will not feel his presence since he concealed it. Jihoon is perspiring with excitement as he finds the devil in a deep slumber. He circles the bed and stands at the foot of it. From there, he can see how Seungcheol's chest rises and falls. Jihoon can literally tell how many milliseconds are the gap of each breath that the devil takes. He tilts his head as he observes the sleeping creature in front of him.

From the way Seungcheol looks right now, one cannot tell that this beautiful man is a devil. His long eyelashes that set a shadow upon his rosy cheeks. The doe eyes that make the people around him stare at it endlessly. The luscious lips that gives the sweetest smile and the iest smirk. His deep and sultry voice with a tinge of accent that lulls everyone into listening. The way he carries himself as if he owns the world. The way the First Born Prince of Hell acts like he doesn't give a damn to other lowly creatures, which is probably true. He looks like someone from otherworldly dimension yes, but that's because of his aesthetic but he's definitely not the devil from your imagination

Why can't you remember me? Remember us? What did they do to you? Why do we need to meet like this Seungcheol? Why do you have to be the descendant of the Hell's throne?

Seungcheol moves from his sleep and is now facing Jihoon. Seungcheol mutters something under his breath. Jihoon who can't stand the temptation, kneels in front of Seungcheol and dares to touch the devil's face. When his hand is inches away from the devil's face his wrist is suddenly stopped by a strong and warm hand.

"What are you doing Jihoon?" Seungcheol's originally deep voice has a certain ring to it that makes every hair of Jihoon stand on ends, giving him delicious goosebumps. Seungcheol's eyes are still closed but the grip on Jihoon's wrist tells him otherwise.

"I- Uh... I can't sleep." Jihoon lies. Seungcheol opens his eyes which are a glowing ruby, the most beautiful gem Jihoon had ever seen in his entire immortal life.

Seungcheol didn't say a thing but continues to just stare at Jihoon who's beginning to feel antsy because of the heavy attention Seungcheol is giving him. He knows that the devil sees that he is not the "original and human" Jihoon because of his violet eyes. He is sure that any time now Seungcheol will start to wreck havoc because of it.

"Come here." Seungcheol says while giving a room for Jihoon to lie beside him. Jihoon can't believe his ears which he guesses mirrored on his face because he can hear the devil laugh lowly.

"What did you say?"

"I said, come here. Let's sleep." Seungcheol smiles and how can Jihoon forget those dimples that pricks Seungcheol's cheeks like abyss?

Jihoon hesitates. What if this is just a trap? What if he just want to kill me?

"This is not a trap and I'm not going to kill you." Seungcheol says matter of factly. Jihoon awkwardly clears his throat, still hesitating if he wants to lie beside Seungcheol, the devil who wants his soul. The devil who keeps on distancing himself from the violet eyed Jihoon who only wants Seungcheol to remember who he really is.

Seungcheol's eyes glimmer as if he is seeing something in Jihoon for the first time. The violet eyes are still giving him the nerves but looking at them now, those violet eyes are captivating and there is a lightness from the way Jihoon looks at him. There is something that those eyes are telling him, but what?

Jihoon starts to move and it makes Seungcheol smile to himself. He prods Jihoon on lying beside him. Once the smaller is settled the devil did the unthinkable.

Seungcheol hugs Jihoon and burries his face on the soft curls of Jihoon's head. Jihoon freezes but eventually melts into the devil's warm embrace. This is not what Jihoon is expecting to happen but he doesn't mind. He doesn't mind at all.

"Tell me one thing." Seungcheol murmurs against Jihoon's hair. Jihoon hums for an answer.

"Who are you?"

Seungcheol can feel Jihoon smile against his chest as the smaller hugs him tighter.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm Lee Jihoon. YOUR Lee Jihoon."

"That's good enough." Seungcheol says as he closes his eyes. Although there's still a lot of questions inside his head, he will just ignore it for the time being. If Jihoon says that he's Jihoon and not Lucifer, he'll believe him. Even though the odds of Jihoon being Lucifer is as great as the vast ocean floor, he'll cling to that tiny voice inside that is telling him that Jihoon is telling the truth and they are just jumping into conclusions.

But can I really trust you Jihoon? How much of you is real? And how much of you is made up? Are we really long lost lovers or are you just playing tricks on my mind, giving me false memories? Are there really a Choi Seungcheol and Lee Jihoon who love each other so much that they are destined to meet again? If so, why do we have to meet like this? Why?

 

†††

Jihoon can feel the careful disentangling of the warm arms that caged his small frame, he groans as he tries to reach for it, but the warmth is now completely absent. He sluggishly opens his eyes and he almost scream because of horror when he finds a shirtless Seungcheol looking at him with an unreadable emotion painted on his face. Jihoon absentmindedly rolls on his side and meets the floor with a loud thud.

"Ouch." Jihoon scratches his back which is now aching. He can hear a rich baritone voice laughing from across him.

Oh. This is the first time that I saw Seungcheol laugh, Jihoon thinks to himself.

Jihoon smiles shyly at Seungcheol although he doesn't have any idea why he ended up in the devil's bed and he is sure that the warm arms that gave him contentment belong to the same creature.

As if reading Jihoon's mind, Seungcheol clicks his tongue and says, "You went here at around 5am telling me that you couldn't sleep so I offered that you sleep with me which obviously you accepted. I would love to stay cuddled up to you but the doorbell keeps on ringing and it irritates me. Sorry for waking you up, Hoonie. I'll go get the door."

Jihoon is left on the floor dumbfounded. Did I really did that? ! That's sooooo embarassing! Did he just call me Hoonie and what the hell does he mean that he want to cuddle with me? That devil!

Jihoon is still busy processing all the information he just heard when Seungcheol walks past him and puts on his shirt. Why is he shirtless? Did I... Did we?

"Silly. Nothing happened between us Jihoon. But if that's what you want then we can do it, you know? I'm here for your satisfaction, remember?" Seungcheol smirks as Jihoon starts to go red in the face.

The other day he was this aloof devil who you can't even talk to, then he became this overprotective, hot tempered devil and now this, acting so arrogant and a flirt. How many more personality do you have First Born Prince of Hell?

"By the way, your FRIENDS are in the receiving area, I let them in if you don't mind." Seungcheol puts on his ball cap and heads towards the door. "I'll just go outside so that you and your FRIENDS can study in silence."

Jihoon scrunches his nose and if the devil will not admit that it is the cutest thing he ever seen he'll be the biggest liar in the underworld.

"Friends?" Jihoon rises to his feet and follows Seungcheol. Friends? What does Seungcheol mean by...

Then Jihoon hears the soft but distinct chatter from his receiving area and it dawns on him. The phone call from Soonyoung last night.

"H-hello?"

"Hey Jihoon! It's me, Soonyoung!"

"Hey."

"I hope you don't mind me calling you this late."

"No problem. Is there something wrong?"

"Oh, no! There's none. It's just that... Can you help me with something?"

"Yeah. What's that?"

"Can you help in reviewing for our upcoming exam?"

"No problem! If you want we can do it here in my place."

"Uh, Jihoonie, can I bring the others too? You know, they also need your help."

"Sure."

"Tomorrow then? 10am at your place?"

"Okay. I'll be waiting."

"Thanks Jihoon! You're the best! Bye bye!"

Jihoon snaps back in reality when Soonyoung slightly punches his shoulder after the group of boys exchanged a quick greeting with Seungcheol who is now out of the apartment.

"You have a lot of explaining to do, Lee Jihoon." Soonyoung seriously says and it's Jihoon's first time seeing Soonyoung like that. The other boys, Jun who is his and Soonyoung's classmate, Mingyu and Seokmin who are a year younger than them and Seungkwan who is the youngest are also staring at him like he had grown horns in his head. Seeing them all inside Jihoon's house makes Jihoon's heart flutter. Who would have thought that finally he have people who he can call friends?

"W-what e-explaining?" Jihoon stutters.

"Explain to us why Choi Seungcheol, the hottest and most sought after student of Seoul University , the team captain of their basketball team is inside your apartment and is shirtless..." Soonyoung starts and Seungkwan nods his head in accompaniment.

"...not to mention, he went straight to the farthest room which he got his shirt. Then by some miracle, you were at the exact same room..." Mingyu squints at Jihoon who is now as red as a cherry.

"We're dorm mates."

"Liar! The way Seungcheol-ssi is looking at you that's way more than dorm mates affection. So tell us everything Jihoonie." Soonyoung says in amusement.