XI.

Devil May Cry

"What did you do to Jihoon?"

The Third Born Prince of Hell quirks one of his eyebrows in inquisition. He stares at his oldest brother, smiling while mouthing, "I didn't do anything."

Seungcheol looks at Jihoon which the younger nodded in confirmation.

"I told you." Jisoo fakes a hurt look that got Jihoon looking at the man worriedly.

"Don't worry Ji. I'm fine." Jisoo said, resting his hands against the younger's shoulders. Seungcheol grumbles, causing Jihoon to slightly shrug his shoulders, politely getting rid of the hands on him. Being touched by others especially another devil causes Jihoon to feel uncomfortable maybe because he can feel how Seungcheol's aura changes and it scares him. He's scared not for himself but scared that Seungcheol might do something bad to the person who's touching him.

Jisoo notices it and removes his hands, pocketing it.

"Jihoon, go inside your room."

Jihoon is about to retort but decided not too. He throws one last look at Seungcheol whose face shows no emotions, if Jihoon saw something that can tell him what the devil is thinking it's that sudden and tiny flicker that crossed Seungcheol's eyes. Jihoon excuses himself and heads in his room.

"What do you want?" Seungcheol asks once his human was out of sight. The Third Born Prince of Hell laughs silently. He looks straight into the First Born Prince of Hell's eyes and smirks.

"You've grown fond of your human, first born. Be careful. You know he will become a huge liability to you someday." Jisoo shrugs. Seungcheol sits at the chair across him and maintains the same bored look.

Jisoo's face turns serious as he takes the seat opposite the First Prince of Hell. The Third Born Prince of Hell holds his hand up and a glass of wine appears. The same glass of wine appears beside Seungcheol which the older ignored. Seungcheol crosses his legs and gazes at Jisoo in boredom.

"Speak." Seungcheol commands.

"The King is planning of a war. A war against heaven." Jisoo drinks his wine, expecting the First Born Prince to react immediately but all he got is nothing.

Seungcheol stands and is to vacate when Jisoo continues.

"I heard from Second Born that your human is special." That statement earns a reaction from Seungcheol, his eyes squinting slightly but just for a split second.

"That human, Lee Jihoon, he can be a very nice pawn to this war, no? I wonder how the King will use him."

Jisoo's glass explodes. The Third Born Prince raises his hand just in time and stops the pieces of broken glass in hitting him straight on the face. The broken glass and the contents of it suspends in the air. Jisoo makes a waving motion and the shattered parts of the glass and liquid dances in rhythm with each of his hand.

"Your relationship with that human is somewhat scary, First Born. Don't be too attached. It will not be good for you." Jisoo snaps his fingers and the slivered glass vanished through thin air.

Seungcheol snarls and looks at his brother.

"What does Jihoon have to do with this?" Seungcheol asks. Jisoo smirks and nods his head as if he now understand something that he's not supposed to. There is something about the devil in front of him and the human in the other room.

"Lee Jihoon doesn't have anything to do with this." Jisoo can see how Seungcheol visibly relaxed at his statement.

"But Lucifer does."

This got Seungcheol's attention. He tilts his head and purses his lips.

"Come to think of it Seungcheol..." Jisoo playfully says.

"The King of Hell wouldn't even dare to plan a war centuries ago and now, he's slowly starting it. What do you think is the catalyst of that sudden decision? Yes, First Born, you're correct!" Jisoo claps in mockery.

"The King of Hell had found the missing fraction that would make his plan roll on full speed. He found Lucifer. And you just served it to him in a silver platter."

 

†††

Jihoon is tossing and turning on his bed, he watches the clock turned another second into another minute and it's been three hours since he started it. He can still feel two dark auras with him inside his home. Meeting a devil is mind blowing and to meet another one in a single lifetime makes Jihoon feel that he's screwed up big time.

Jihoon closes his eyes and even his breathing.

"Focus Jihoon. Focus." he chants. He can feel and hear every vibration around him. Although his eyes are close, he can see in his mind the different bright colors that are coming to him in blinding and vibrant hues.

Jihoon exhales through his mouth.

Jihoon notices that his sensitivity to people's auras and vibrations became hyperactive. When he was younger, he can see people's aura and can sense their chi or their energy, but for some unknown reason, when his parents and brother died that gift died with them.

Not until now.

Ever since Seungcheol had been around, that skill which Jihoon thought he lost is waking inside him.

Jihoon is looking for one particular aura. He's looking for that beautiful shade of colors that Jihoon can't get enough of seeing. It weirded him that a creature like a devil can have two stunning colors aesthetically combined. It's his first time to see a combination of colors in just one aura. The contrast of two colors that made them complementary.

The devil's aura which is in Rose Quartz and Serenity.

Jihoon inhales and in his mind, he had exited his bedroom. He walks straight to the two auras dancing seemingly in the depths of the darkness. Jisoo's aura is black but there is a tinge of bronze and there is Seungcheol's whose aura never fails to amaze Jihoon.

"Just one touch. A touch that can show me Seungcheol's feelings and thoughts as of the moment."

Jihoon is practically touching his devil's aura when his phone rang.

Jihoon's eyes shot open and he's breathing hard like he just finished a marathon. He touches his chest and his heart is beating crazily. That's the side effect of rousing from a 'journey' without his own consent. It's like waking up from a nightmare instead of having a sweet dream which is the aftermath of every 'journey'.

Jihoon starts to do the breathing exercise that his doctor had taught him long ago. He inhales and holds his breath while counting one to three then he exhales. After almost a minute, his usual breathing pattern is back and he reaches for his phone which didn't stop ringing. For a second, he stares at the unknown number blinking on his screen.

"H-hello?" Jihoon timidly answers. It's been a while since someone called him, and that last time is a wrong number.

"Hey Jihoon! It's me, Soonyoung!" The man from the other line said cheerily. Unconsciously, Jihoon starts to smile.

"Hey."

"I hope you don't mind me calling you this late."

"No problem. Is there something wrong?" Jihoon whispers as if he's sharing a secret.

"Oh, no! There's none. It's just that..." There is hesitation in Soonyoung's voice that Jihoon didn't fail to notice.

"Can you help me with something?"