XVII.

Devil May Cry

Jihoon opens his eyes and blinks. He adjusts as the room he is in is pitch dark. He blinks for a couple more times and that's how he notices three people standing from across his bed. Jihoon rolls to his side and he feels so tired but he forces himself to sit straight.

"What are the princes of hell doing in my humble room?" Jihoon's violet eyes shine against the moonlight seeping through the curtain of his window. The man on the middle steps out and spreads his silvery gray wings. He curtly bows with a smirk on his beautiful face.

"Finally. Nice to meet you, Lucifer."

 

†††

Seungcheol can't help but look at Jihoon from head to toe. He admits, he's mesmerized.

Jihoon stands in front of the princes of hell, with his back leaning against the wall with both hands in eaxh of his pocket. His hair is messy in a beautiful way and the way the black tee hugs his torso and black jogger pants accentuates his honey thighs is out of this human world. The look that Jihoon is sporting right now with his face looking so smug and a smirk playing on his lips and the way that those violet eyes is sparkling with mischief should be prohibited. The devil's thoughts are so unpure that he feels that the violet eyed Jihoon can see the fantasies playing in his devil mind. Lee Jihoon you should be illegal.

"To whom does I owe the pleasure of seeing the esteemed princes of hell?" Jihoon asks but his eyes are never leaving Seungcheol. The devil notices it and it is him who breaks the untimely stare they are giving each other.

"As the devils' genesis. We ask you, Lucifer, to not include yourself to the war that the king of hell is planning." The third prince of hell bows his head and looks straight into Jihoon's violet eyes. Jihoon quirks and smiles knowingly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jihoon coolly shrugs.

"Stop calling me Lucifer. I'm not Lucifer. I am Lee Jihoon. Lee. Jihoon." the violet eyed creature stresses and the confused look that the princes of hell are giving him makes him more irritated.

"Look. I know why you keep on calling me Lucifer. It's because of the eyes, right?" Jihoon's back leaves the comfortable coldness of the wall as he walks towards the princes who stand on guard. Jihoon chuckles and he walks to the Third Born Prince of Hell specifically.

"An angel."

Jihoon smirks and reaches for Jisoo's face. The Third Born Prince visibly tenses as if he will be caressed by fire. He feels the burning warmth exuding from the violet eyed creature's hand.

"What happened to you angel? Why are you in the dark side?" Jihoon's eyes shines with curiosity. As Jihoon is about to touch Jisoo's face, a hand holds his arm and yanks it back.

"It's none of your business." the Second Born Prince of Hell snarls at Jihoon and Jihoon laughs as he put both his hands midair as if surrendering.

"Don't be too sensitive, devil. I'm just curious." Jihoon's face scrunches in entertainment. Jihoon eyes Seungcheol who just stands at the corner as if without a care in the world.

Jihoon sighs and takes his seat on the chair in front of him.

A silver knife materializes at the hand of the second born prince of hell. He grips it tightly that his knuckles are turning white because of it. The first prince born of hell notices it and suddenly enters Jeonghan's mind with his telekinetic power.

"Don't you dare."

"It's sad to see that another of my kind had fallen just like me."

All the interest of the princes of hell is now back at Jihoon who hisses at the sudden attention.

The whole room falls into an eerie silence. The three princes of hell are slowly processing the information they just heard. Jihoon looks at them in them and an eyebrow. He starts to laugh at the confused faces in front of him.

"You're ing kidding us, right?" Jeonghan smirks and crosses his arms against his chest. Jihoon mirrors it causing Jeonghan to snarl at him.

"Unfortunately, not."

Seungcheol intensely eyes Jihoon and Jihoon almost want to run to him and snakes his arms around Seungcheol's waist. He is tempted. But it is not yet the time to do that.

"So, you're saying that you are not Lucifer but a fallen angel just like me?" Jisoo asks, still dumbfounded. Jihoon rolls his eyes.

"For the nth time. I am telling you I am not Lucifer." Jihoon sighs and the battle whether to tell the truth is still on going inside his head. Jihoon stares at Seungcheol with his mind all made up.

"The truth is, Lucifer and I are twins."

To say that the room fell into an eerie silence is an understatement. The princes of hell blinks twice, thrice and a couple more times before Seungcheol finally finds his voice.

"That can't be."

"Why can't it be? Were you there when Father made the heaven and earth? When he designed, US, angels to the likeness of His favorite bird which is the dove? Were you there, devil? You weren't, so if you really want my help and you really want me to be on your side, stop questioning everything that I am going to tell you." Jihoon calmly said but with venom seething in each of his words. He knows that this is Seungcheol, his soulmate, but if he will not do that, this princes of hell will not take him seriously and he knows it.

"According to the myth, Lucifer never had a sibling, nonetheless a twin. It was told that because of Lucifer's evil doings he was split into two halves." Jisoo, who have a doubt, speaks.

"There is a reason why it's called a myth, angel." Jihoon's head begins to throb though he kept a straight face. He could feel his other soul; the other Jihoon slowly waking up. Not now. I need to tell them something important.

"If what you're saying is true then Lucifer never really needs another half to be the most powerful being. He's whole all along and that's a very substantial piece of information." Jisoo said making the whole room quietly agree with him.

Jihoon watched as Seungcheol's face scrunches in a familiar way. The way his eyes stares in a faraway distance, the way his lips curl in concentration, that crease on the middle of his forehead and his patterned breathing that Jihoon knew all too well, Choi Seungcheol has something in his mind. Jihoon knows that Seungcheol is in the verge of asking the golden question.

"Lucifer is not that dumb. I feel like he knows that too well. Him, knowing that he doesn't need another half to be the most powerful is not the scariest part but the real reason why he wants you to be in his team. It only means that he wants to build the most powerful army he could. Together with you, his twin, the two of you will surely take over the heaven and earth." Seungcheol stated while looking at Jihoon who looks at Seungcheol with fondness. Seungcheol notices it and blushes. He turns his head away.

"If that's the case, First Born, why don't Lucifer just talk to his twin?" Jeonghan pointed at Jihoon like Jihoon is somewhat a new discovered bacterium, disgusted.

"I never thought that you're the one who'll ask that golden question." Jihoon added.

"Was that an insult?"

"No, apple, it's a praise."

Jeonghan raises his brow at the pet name, apple? The forbidden fruit?

Jihoon feels his heart constrict and he sits heavily on the chair. He smiled bitterly as he feels the great pounding in his head. The soul he pushed on the side is fighting its way on taking over the body.

"He doesn't need me on his side. He wants me dead."

"Why? If he wants you dead, then why don't you go back to your Father and His flocks of angels and archangels? I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms." Jeonghan suggested as he mirrored Jihoon. He sits across Jihoon and observes him.

"I cannot do that."

"Why not?" Seungcheol asks and for the first time since he met the violet-eyed Jihoon he notes that the he was paler than before and his breathing is labored.

"For reasons I cannot tell you now." Jihoon locks eyes with Seungcheol and the devil barely catches the split second changing in the color of Jihoon's eyes.

With that, Jihoon faints.

 

†††

Seungcheol walks the premises of Hell with deliberate and confident stride. After he tucked Jihoon to his bed the three princes of Hell decided to go back to Hell and stay there to talk more about their discovery but when the King himself felt Seungcheol's presence he asked him to immediately meet him.

Using his powers, Seungcheol opens the heavy and big door. The door creates a screeching sound which irritates the first born prince since he was young.

"You call for me, my King?" the first born prince drops to his knees and bows respectfully at his father.

"Let’s cut the chase. My son, I want you to lead my army in destroying the heavens.” The First Prince of Hell looks up at his father. Seungcheol notices how the King observes him cautiously but with evil grin gracing his face. The First Prince didn’t do anything, didn’t say anything, didn’t question anything.

The King smiles to himself, his long fangs grazing his lips causing his lips to bleed a little. The King starts to laugh because for him, silence means yes. Besides, the First Born Prince doesn’t have any choice but to do whatever he says. For the King of Hell his three sons are just pawns in his own little game. A game wherein Heaven will fall and Hell will take over.

“It is settle then.” The King pulls Seungcheol up and ruffles his son’s hair. Seungcheol’s façade didn’t change, his emotionless face still present. The First Born Prince excuses himself and turns toward the door. Before he’s able to go out, another request is made which generated Seungcheol’s entire demeanor to change.

“Your human, that Lee Jihoon. I want him to be a sacrifice to me.”

 

 

--

Please do leave a comment.

Your feedbacks make me alive.