Nineteen

It's Not Fine

 

“Will you guys be promoting in music bank?” Taeyeon asks as she was doing a light layer of makeup on herself.

“Hopefully. Last I heard, Jinkyung unnie and Sook unnie were going to the Music bank director to try and acquire a stage for us.” Tiffany approaches Taeyeon with her back facing her, requesting Taeyeon to zip her up.

“I hope it goes well! Then we might actually be able to go together.” Taeyeon swiftly pulls up the zipper and straightens Tiffany’s collar.

 

Taeyeon had been preparing for a new album. Wanting to try new things, Taeyeon had chosen a dance song, which was different from her solo debut track. As she has been dancing for more than ten years now, having to dance while singing was not a difficult thing for her. She was curious if the fans were going to like the song though, as it was different from all of the slower songs that she had done. 



 

“Tae! When is your music bank comeback date?” Tiffany taps her shoulder excitedly.

“Uh, the week after. The first of July I think?” Taeyeon checks her phone to look for her schedule

“We have been invited to perform on that day too!” 

“Nice! I’m so glad you will be there.” Taeyeon holds Tiffany’s hand and squeezes it.

“Yes! Me too, with you there, I don’t feel as nervous.”



 

As the day of the performance inches closer, Tiffany and the other members of Unnies have been practising diligently each day, despite their busy schedules, ensuring that they were able to show their best selves on stage.

Tiffany did not say anything but Taeyeon could see how tired she was, leaving the house in the morning and coming home at midnight everyday. Taeyeon was almost glad that it was almost over and that Tiffany would finally have time to rest.

 

The day finally arrived and Tiffany had to leave the house first as her slot was earlier than Taeyeon’s.

“See you there, Tae.” Tiffany gives her a peck and exits the dorm.

When she reaches the building, she looks for the waiting room with their group name on the wall. 

“Unnies…” she murmurs, “oh there it is.” 

She looks over to the room beside theirs. She smiles when she sees that it was Taeyeon’s waiting room.

“Hello everyone!” She greets the other unnies and the staff members who were already in the room.

“Oh Fanyah! Did you see the charts!” Sook asked excitedly.

“Yes! We got an all kill.” Tiffany says, amused at how well they were doing.

Very soon, they were headed to the auditorium for their first rehearsal. As they watched the other performers, Tiffany, being the leader, was trying to remember every little thing they had to do to ensure that it all went smoothly. “We have to greet them before we perform.” She reminded the other unnies who nodded obediently.

 

After finishing their rehearsal, they headed back to the waiting room to monitor their performance and tried to improve the areas that were not perfect. Tiffany could feel exhaustion slowly seeping into her body as she practised again with the other members. Probably the lack of sleep throughout the week catching up with her now, she thinks. She brushes it away while heading to film the next part. When two members of Gugudan appeared and greeted them with their albums, Tiffany, being the respectable senior she was, tried her best to hype them up. 

 

“Tiffany, you look like .” Jessi comments, walking past her to sit on the swivel chair.

She smiles weakly as she shakes her head. “Just tired I guess.” 

During their lunch, she receives a message from Taeyeon.

Everyone is out for lunch now and the waiting room is empty. Come visit me? 

She quickly finishes her food and excuses herself.

“Alright, be back in twenty minutes, we’re going to get our makeup done soon.” Jessi reminds her. 

 

Tiffany pushes the door open after two knocks. “Hey.”

She closes it and locks the door quietly.

“Hi.” Taeyeon smiled affectionately and patted the empty space beside her before extending her hands.

Tiffany sits down and wraps her arm around Taeyeon, leaning into her warmth.

“I feel so drained.” Tiffany mutters as she lets her senses take over. She feels Taeyeon’s small but sturdy stature and her arms holding her securely. She smells the enveloping sage and warm metallic note of sclarene of Taeyeon’s perfume.

Taeyeon runs her hand around Tiffany’s back soothingly before lifting Tiffany off her and capturing her lips.

Tiffany opens and shudders as Taeyeon’s tongue slides across her own.

“You taste like fish.” Taeyeon chuckles lightly between kisses.

“I’m sorry! I just had eel!” Tiffany’s cheeks grew bright red as she backed away and covered .

“It's alright.” Taeyeon grins and moves in to kiss her again.

 

“I think the members want to come and say hi to you. But we will only be free after our live which will be like 3ish? Is that okay?” Tiffany updates Taeyeon as she straightens her clothes and tidies her hair.

“Yes. I will be here. See ya then.” Taeyeon opens the door and pats Tiffany as she leaves the room.

 

Tiffany knocks the door twice and enters the waiting room. Jessi raises her brows as she sees her friend looking refreshed and energised, a totally different scene from before. 

 

“Who’d you bang?” She asks discreetly in English, in a teasing tone.

“What do you mean?” Tiffany stood in front of the mirror and checked her appearance. 

“It’s just that just now you looked like death and now you’re glowing. It’s kinda suspicious.”

“I just went and took a nap.” Tiffany answered, trying to put the subject to rest. 

“Sure you did,”  Jessi narrows her eyes at her, “on somebody.” She says that so softly that Tiffany almost didn’t hear her. But Tiffany did and she tries to hide her blush. Jessi sees it and she wonders who the mystery person might be.

 



A/N: hi! I hope yall like this few chapters because i rewatched a few soshi shows to make it more authentic(???) HAHAH anyways, thank you for reading and have a great day~~