Nine

It's Not Fine

 

“Good! Morning! Kim! Tae! Yeon!” Tiffany draws the curtains and greets the corpse-like person on the bed.

“Ughhhhh. Let me sleep.” Taeyeon winces at the sunlight and uses her arm to shield her eyes.

“It’s already noon! How much did you drink last night?” Tiffany kneels on the bed and pulls Taeyeon’s hand.

“Not enough.” Taeyeon groans and attempts to slap Tiffany’s arm away. “Hey!” Tiffany lets go and Taeyeon falls back into the bed with a ‘plomp’.

“Anyways I have made lunch for you, go wash up and come out to eat!” 

“Please tell me it’s soup.” 

“Yes, it is.” Tiffany pinches Taeyeon’s cheek.

“You are the best, whatever I would do without you.” Taeyeon raises her hand and stretches her body.

“Of course.” Tiffany chuckles and slaps her . “Now get up!”

 

“Right, Tae, can I ask you something?” Tiffany questions as Taeyeon’s face was buried in her bowl of seaweed soup.

“Yeah?” 

“You don’t have to answer but I’m just really curious and confused.” Tiffany hesitates, “can you help me understand the news with Baekhyun?” 

Taeyeon almost chokes on her food. 

“Well I don’t think I’m actually supposed to say but them, the company made me do it. They claimed it was to ‘increase our popularity’, to ‘make us the centre of the media’s attention’” Taeyeon brought her fingers up to make air quotes. “ I mean they were not wrong, there was so much !… on me.” Taeyeon scowled.

“What? That’s horrible. I mean they tried to do it to me too, releasing dating news that happened ages ago. We don’t even talk to each other anymore.” Tiffany complains, “they told me not to tell anyone too. But oops I guess,” Tiffany snickered and raised her hand to give Taeyeon a high five.

“In that case, how is it going with her? When are you two actually getting together? The audience wants to know!” Tiffany fanned her face dramatically.

“You dork,” Taeyeon let out an exhale of amusement. “We don’t like each other like that.”

“No way, the chemistry the two of you have? That’s undeniable.”

“Platonic chemistry I guess? Anyway I-” Taeyeon managed to stop herself before revealing any more than she should.

“You what? You what? YOU WHAT YOU WHAT YOU WHAT?” Tiffany’s volume increased as she badgered.

“I, nothing!” Taeyeon quickly denies and waves her hand.

“You…” Tiffany deliberates before her eyes widen. “Don’t tell me? There is someone else? Who is it!” 

Taeyeon, startled by her wit, immediately tries to change the subject. “There's no one! Anyway, your soup is delicious. Can I have more please?” 

“Are you really not going to tell me?” Tiffany pouted.

“It’s nothing. Now, can I have more soup, pretty please?”

Tiffany decides to drop it but she knows that there is something no- someone Taeyeon is hiding from her. Feelings of unease and a little bit of something else washes through her. Wait. Is that jealousy? 



 

Tiffany didn't know how but her body automatically took her to the entrance of the coffee shop. She didn’t know what to say or why she was there anyway and started having an internal debate outside the door. 

“Uh, Ma’am,” Coffee shop girl sticks her head out of the shop. “Are you planning on coming in and buying something? Because you’re scaring our non-existent customers with your pacing.” She grins and sticks out her hand, waiting patiently for Tiffany to accept it.

“Oh, hey. I’m just feeling really conflicted right now. And confused.” Tiffany smiles sheepishly, gladly takes her hand and follows her into the shop.

“So how can I help?” She leads Tiffany to a corner booth and sits across from her.

“I don’t really know how to start this.” Tiffany chewed on her bottom lip. “I was just asking Taeyeon about you guys, and she told me that you guys were platonic.”

“That’s right. I really like her in a ‘would drive five miles to bring her passport to the airport for her’ but not in a ‘want to rip off all her clothes and ravage her’ kinda way.” She responded so casually, Tiffany almost did not process that last part. But Tiffany did and the thought of it caused her to blush a little, which did not go unnoticed by the person in front of her.

“And she said that she is currently into someone else.” Tiffany blinked back to focus and continued. 

“She said that?” 

“Well, not really but it just feels like it and I can’t stop thinking about who it might be.” Tiffany rubbed her face. “Do you by any chance know who she likes? It’s killing me.”

“Wait a minute, let’s unpack that. Why does it kill you?” She props her chin on her knuckles.

“Well, that’s the part I’m kinda confused about. Part of me thinks it's because she has never kept a secret from me. And the other part, well I really do not know why. Thinking about it just gives this random wave of apprehension I think? I’m not sure but it just goes right into my stomach and I feel queasy all the time.”

“Mmhmm.” She nods thoughtfully. “About the secret part… Did you know about Baekhyun before the news came out?”

Tiffany shakes her head. 

“And were you feeling like this?” She continued.

“Not really, Taeyeon came out to me a while back so I kinda knew it might not be that real after all. The only feeling then was mostly confusion as to why it was published and why it happened.”

“So, what is the difference now?”

“Well, it’s someone she allegedly likes enough to almost tell me about. I guess maybe I am curious again?…” Tiffany shuts her eyes tightly and opens it again. “But I feel like that’s not it. There is something else I just can’t quite figure out.”

“You soshi girls gotta start paying me for therapy sessions.” She laughs in disbelief.

“What do you mean?” Tiffany raised her brows and frowned.

“Let me just say this. You should definitely have a talk with Taeyeon, and tell her I sent you.”

 


 

A/N: Yesterday I went to a cafe at a mall and the barista there lowkey gave off the vibes of coffee shop girl, her hair was also coloured and her tatts were really cool. The way I almost convulsed and died on the spot. 

Anyways, I hope yall enjoyed this one :> Thanks for reading!

Also Someone tell me what I can use other than grin because I feel like I use it too much. hehe

-grinenthusiast98