Eighteen

It's Not Fine

 

“Hello everyone, I am Taeyeon, Tiffany’s self proclaimed best friend and a big fan of the show!” Taeyeon waves at the camera. Tiffany had kindly requested Taeyeon to film a little clip for the show she was in, Sister’s Slam dunk.

“Our Tiffany is working very hard. Please give her and us much love! Thank you!” Taeyeon blows a kiss at the camera and turns it off. 

They were currently in Taiwan, for the last leg of the tour. Lots of emotions were floating around. 

Sadness, as the tour was coming to an end. 

Glad that this was going to be done and that they could rest. 

Anxious, hoping to finish up this concert perfectly, at their best. 

Taeyeon was also worried, worried that Tiffany was pushing herself too hard. Not only did she have to practise and prepare for the concert, she had to practise for her solo album promotions and also practise for the song that they were going to do on Sister’s slam dunk.

“Are you trying to overwork yourself to death?” Taeyeon asks as she sees an unwell Tiffany desperately trying to remember the dance for ‘Shut up’. 

“No, but I have to do this. I can't let them down.”

“You’re unwell. They will understand.” Taeyeon tries to pull Tiffany to the bed.

“Wait, I’m almost done. Please let me finish?” Tiffany looks at Taeyeon with such intense puppy eyes, nobody would say no to if faced with them.

“Alright, after that, you’re staying in bed until tomorrow.” Taeyeon cupped her cheeks and leaned in for a peck but Tiffany backed away, “You’re gonna get sick too.”

“It’s okay.” Taeyeon brushes her lips gently against Tiffany’s and pats her cheek. She goes to order room service before sitting on the bed and waiting patiently for Tiffany to finish memorising her dance. 

“Wow, my girlfriend is so hot!” Taeyeon cheers as Tiffany does a move that accentuates her body line. Tiffany smiles as her cheeks reddened. 

“Alright I’m done.” Tiffany opens her arm to hug Taeyeon as she crawls onto the bed. 

She leans in and softly captures Taeyeon’s lips with her own as her hand reaches up to cup Taeyeon’s cheek.

“Wait.” Taeyeon breaks the kiss. “Wasn’t someone worried that I might get sick?” Taeyeon teases.

“I tried to be considerate!” Tiffany complains, “but when you sit there and look all cute it’s too hard to resist.” She looks so lost and honest that Taeyeon couldn’t help but to let out a chuckle. 

“Am I cute?” She places her thumb and index finger under her chin and lies on the bed, posing for Tiffany.

“So cute.” Tiffany climbs on top of her and leans in.

“Wait.” Taeyeon moves her head away. 

“What now?” Tiffany groans frustratedly.

“Tell me how cute I am.” Taeyeon puckers her lips and wriggles her eyebrows playfully.

“Too cute for this world.” Tiffany enunciates every syllable. “Happy?” 

“Yes.” Taeyeon grins and she lifts her head and captures her lips again.

As their kiss deepens, Tiffany’s hand slides under Taeyeon’s shirt and her fingers run across her abs delicately. Taeyeon’s hands that were placed on Tiffany’s waist moves to her back as she pulls Tiffany closer to her. Tiffany relaxes her thighs and rests her hips on Taeyeon’s and her hand moves higher and brushes against Taeyeon’s ribs.

Distinct raps on the door interrupted them and they broke away, catching their breath. 

“Room service!” 

Their eyes never left each other as they processed what had just happened and what might’ve happened if they were not interrupted, the lust in their eyes evident. Tiffany blushed and Taeyeon takes a deep breath before heading to the door.

Taeyeon thanks and tips the service staff before shutting the door and locking it. 

“Let’s eat!” Taeyeon announces in a sing-songy voice.

 

The next few days, Taeyeon feels getting hoarse and her nose a little blocked. “Ah .” She massaged her temples. “I can’t believe I really got it.” She mumbled to herself.

“Got what?” Sooyoung asked as she walked past her.

“Nothing.” Her voice fails on her as she replies huskily.

“Wait a minute. Are you sick?” Sooyoung was holding back a grin.

“Ugh. Yes.” She mentally facepalms, not ready for the teasing that was going to transpire.

“You need to keep it in your pants!” Sooyoung chuckles. 

“Wha- we did not do anything!” Taeyeon argues.

“Sure yall didnt, just like how she wasn’t the one who passed you her cold.” Sooyoung walks away, laughing. 

 

It was almost 4am. Tiffany had just finished her dance practice with the other members of Unnies and was just heading back. They were working extra hard as their music video was going to be filmed in two days. When she reached the dorm, she opened the door softly, ensuring not to make too much noise. She raises her eyebrows as she sees Taeyeon in the kitchen, her face buried in a bowl. “Hey Tae, what are you doing?”

“Oh, you’re back?” Taeyeon looks up. “I’m misting. My nose is blocked. I can’t sleep.” She tilts the bowl to show Tiffany the water that was in it. “How was practise?”

“It was so good, it was the first time Park PD was smiling at us. I think Sook unnie and Jinkyung unnie are improving really well.” Tiffany smiles tiredly.

“That’s good. I can’t wait to see the final product!” Taeyeon gives her a thumbs up.

“I actually have a recording of practice just now, do you wanna see it?” Tiffany takes out her phone from her pocket and unlocks it.

“Of course!” Taeyeon nods enthusiastically.