Twelve

It's Not Fine

 

Someone broke the kiss after a few seconds and they both suddenly became aware of what had just happened and were conscious of their own selves. Tiffany blushed uncontrollably as Taeyeon rubbed her neck and decided that the floor was suddenly more interesting to look at than anything else.

“Hey, do you guys need food?” Yuri knocked on the door and called out.

“I am kinda hungry, do you want food?” Taeyeon was actually grateful for the interruption.

“I could eat.” Tiffany nodded her head. They went out to the living room and joined in the discussion of what food they should order.

 

The next few days, they did not have much free time as they had schedules. Even so, Taeyeon sought comfort from the hidden hand holdings under the table, from Tiffany leaning against her in the waiting room, fiddling with her hair. They were not able to show their love openly like other couples, but to Taeyeon, this is enough. As long as she had Tiffany by her side, she was satisfied. 

Is this what being happy feels like?

 

When they finally had a day off, the members were all deciding what to do.

As some decided to watch a movie, some felt like going shopping and some wanted to do sports, they all went their separate ways and Taeyeon and Tiffany were left in the dorm alone.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go out?” Taeyeon asked, feeling sheepish at Tiffany’s decision to stay with her in the dorm.

“No, being here with you is fine. I like it.” Tiffany smiled shyly and stuck out her hand, requesting for Taeyeon to hold it.

“Me too.” Taeyeon grabbed her hand and they headed to the living room, settling down on the couch.

Taeyeon was flipping the channels before stopping at one that was showing a drama that Seohyun was in. They had decided to watch it in support of their maknae. 

The members who had acting jobs usually do not force or request the others to watch their dramas as they knew that all of them were busy enough and did not want to intrude in their free time. But being as close as they were, they were all naturally supportive of each other and made sure to watch at least the whole episode or the remaining of it when they chanced upon it.

As a kiss scene appeared on the screen, the usually calm Taeyeon’s cheeks turned red and she had to pretend to be unbothered and directed her attention to her hands.

Tiffany casually glanced at her and a smile formed on her lips.

“Are you blushing?” Tiffany reaches out to pinch Taeyeon’s cheek.

“What are you talking about? I am not.” Taeyeon tries to play it cool but the red in her cheeks deepen.

“You so are! My little Taetae is embarrassed!” Tiffany laughs.

“No I am not! It’s just that the kiss reminded me of our kiss.” Taeyeon tried to explain herself.

It was Tiffany’s turn to blush. “See? It just happens!” Taeyeon pointed at Tiffany’s cheeks excitedly.

“Stop it! Let’s just watch the show.” 

They both turned their attention to the television and watched in silence.

Taeyeon tried to look at Tiffany in the corner of her eye before promptly moving towards her and giving her a peck on the cheek which caused Tiffany to smile and squeeze her hand.



 

“Taeyeon, you look really happy recently. Like deeply, truly happy, not like those fake smiles you tried to slip us before.” Sooyoung commented between mouths of noodles, earning a kick in the shin from Sunny under the table. “Ow, hey! Who was that?” She rubbed her leg in annoyance.

“It’s okay, I am happy.” Taeyeon chuckled lightly before glancing at Tiffany, who was pretending not to be interested in the conversation but she could see that her lips were curved into a little smile.

“Baekhyun must be treating you well.” Yoona’s tone was mischievous.

“Actually, we’re not together.” Taeyeon clarified. “Never have been, Mr Kim just decided one day that I had to pretend and I didn’t actually have a choice.” 

Expressions of shock, confusion and pity flooded the table.

“It’s alright, that is all over now.” Taeyeon added.

“Wait, does that mean that there is someone else?” Yuri narrowed her eyes in suspicion jokingly.

“What? No.” Taeyeon immediately denied.

“The way you denied it so quickly is kinda suspicious Taeng.” Sunny teased, roughly figuring it out that something had probably happened with Taeyeon and Tiffany. 

“Yeah! Who is it!” Tiffany joined in. Taeyeon’s eyes widened in feigned betrayal and Tiffany stuck out her tongue and grinned.

“I am feeling really attacked right now, give a lady a chance.” Taeyeon rubbed her palms together in a pleading manner jokingly and they dropped the subject.

 

“Hey! What was that for!” Taeyeon placed her hands on her hips and questioned Tiffany when they were in the room.  

“I needed to make sure nobody suspected us.” 

“Nobody suspects us in the first place!” Taeyeon laughed at her poor excuse.

“Well yes, actually no. I think Sunny knows or like, knows that it could happen. She was the one who made me realise my feelings for you.” Tiffany sits on the bed and leans against the bed frame.

“Oh. I should thank her someday then. Before that, we got to discuss a little something about someone throwing me under the bus just now!” Taeyeon approached her.

“What are you talking about? I do not remember.” Tiffany lied, trying to stifle a giggle.

“Oh, Tiffany, I'll make you remember!” Taeyeon climbed on top of her and started tickling her.

Sounds of groans and refusals filled the room. “Sto-p. Please!” Tiffany pleaded between giggles.

“Do you remember your crime now, Miss Tiffany Hwang?” Taeyeon lifted her hands and waited for Tiffany to answer. 

Tiffany nodded desperately and Taeyeon pushed herself up and sat down beside her.

“Hmmm, what shall your punishment be?” Taeyeon lifted her hand to tap her chin lightly and acted like she was in deep thought.

“How about instead of my punishment, I give you a reward?” Tiffany asked and Taeyeon narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

“What is i-” Before Taeyeon could finish, Tiffany inched closer and captured her lips.

 


A/N: Hope yall enjoyed this! Thanks for reading! Have a great one :3