Eleven

It's Not Fine

 

“Oh my god, you know I almost had the intention of ending our friendship.” Taeyeon announced as she walked into the coffee shop.

“Hey, what’s going on? Why?” She approaches Taeyeon, startled.

“Because Tiffany told me she came to see you,  and apparently you guys were talking about me.” Taeyeon crossed her arms and feigned annoyance. 

“If you think I told her about you I didn’t! All we did was talk about some stuff and I just told her she needed to talk to you too!” She tried her best to explain herself as if her life depended on it. 

“I know, we talked it out.” Taeyeon’s smile was mischievous, causing her to give Taeyeon a playful shove. “You scared me!”

“Wait, so you two talked about it?”

“Yeah.” Taeyeon nodded.

“And?” She asked, not understanding why it seemed like nothing else had happened.

“And what?” Taeyeon raised her brows in confusion

“Hold on, what did you guys talk about?” 

Her expression turned into an amused one as Taeyeon recalled the events of the previous day.

“You .” She shakes her head and chuckles lightly. 

“What?” Taeyeon raised her brow incredulously.

“You !!!!” She pinched Taeyeon’s cheeks.

“Stop it, what do you mean?” Taeyeon slapped her hands away. 

“You like her.” She stated flatly.

“Yes?” 

“And she likes you back.” 

“She- what?” The words that came from were so unbelievably shocking that Taeyeon thought that she had heard wrongly.

“She likes you, you . You both are es. I am not paid enough for this.” She shakes her head disapprovingly.

“Stop calling me a ! How do you know she likes me? Did she tell you? Wait-” The past few days’ conversations started materialising in Taeyeon’s head. Was this what Tiffany was talking about? The ‘other stuff she had to figure out’? Taeyeon suddenly realised the little change in expression when their conversation ended. “I am a .” She coughs out, mouth agape and eyes widened. 

She does a little bow annoyingly, “you’re welcome. Now go get your girl.” She pushes Taeyeon towards the door.

 

As Taeyeon left the coffee shop, many feelings crept up on her. Some excitement, mostly nervousness, a little apprehension and even a bit of guilt.

What if she was wrong and Tiffany did not like her the way she liked her? What if they got together but they were not a match and thus ruining their friendship? What if it was just an infatuation because they spent so much time together and Taeyeon might fall out of love if they were apart? What if the other members did not approve of them? What if they thought that they were disgusting? What if people find out? What if they told their company? What if they got fired and outed to this conservative country? What if her parents found out about her uality through the news?

So many what ifs that Taeyeon was not able to answer. Taeyeon wasn’t sure that she could tell Tiffany. She might not be ready for things to change, be it good or bad. 

All her worries and concerns were immediately put aside temporarily when she pushed open the door and saw Tiffany. Yes. This is the girl of her dreams. The one that she would want to be with for a long time if she let her.

She greeted the other members in the living room and asked for Tiffany to meet her in the room.

This is it.

“Hey Tiffany,” Taeyeon shut the door softly and turned to her.

“I was just at the coffee shop and we talked.” Taeyeon started.

“Oh no, were you mad that we talked about you? It’s not her fault I promise, I went there and started asking her questions. If you’re mad at someone, let that someone be me.” Tiffany hurriedly tried to explain.

“Fany, look at me. It’s all good. I am not mad. I could never be mad at you.” Taeyeon lifts her hand and squeezes Tiffany’s shoulder.

Tiffany heaves a sigh of relief before her look turns into a confused one. “Oh, then what were you talking about?”

“Can we sit?” Taeyeon glances at the bed and Tiffany nods. Taeyeon then sits at the leg of the bed and Tiffany settles down beside her.

“We were kinda talking about you, and also about me.” Taeyeon notices the startle that flashed across Tiffany’s face. 

“She told me about you. But, wait.” Taeyeon raises her palm at a panic-stricken Tiffany.

“What I am trying to tell you is that I feel the same.” She places her hand tenderly on Tiffany’s and wraps her fingers around her wrist. 

“You- what?” Tiffany was not sure that she had heard what Taeyeon just said correctly.

“I find myself unconsciously drawn to you every time you enter a room. Any time you are sad, I  have the strongest urge to punch the thing or person that caused it, even if that person was me. And when you’re happy I want to be the cause of it. What I am trying to say is that I like you, Tiffany, I really do. It’s okay if you don’t like me back but I will spend the rest of my days liking you anyway.” Taeyeon poured her heart out.

“Aw, Tae,” Tiffany’s eyes glistened with tears before her expression changed. “Wait, Didn’t you say she told you about how I felt?”

“Yea…?”

“Then what are you feeling insecure about!” Tiffany swatted her hand in front of Taeyeon’s face. “What do you mean ‘if you don’t like me back’!” 

“Well, I don’t know, I just didn’t want to put you on the spot and not give you an option to run?” Taeyeon smiled sheepishly.

“You’re a .” Tiffany commented before placing a hand on Taeyeon’s neck and pulling her in.

Excitement blossomed in Taeyeon’s chest, sparks igniting as Tiffany leaned in close, lips brushing together, for the first time. The smell of her perfume, of the light, floral scent of her shampoo, was dizzying and butterflies filled her stomach, dancing excitedly. She leaned into the kiss and was consumed by warmth, as Tiffany’s lips felt impossibly soft against her own.

 

 


A/N: hehehehe hope yall enjoyed this one! Thanks for reading <3