Chapter 2

The One who Believed in me
  •  Omg! 안영하세요 여러분! I'll update another chapter. I just finished editing this one. Anyways, i still want to include Lee Howon here in this fic. What you guys think? Let me know okay? So here's ch2 hope it will be good. :) 

Woohyun came back to his class after the meeting of their soccer team. He was assigned to assist the newcomers when the opening of clubs starts next week. 

It was just their 3rd period class but he already feel exhausted after he walk sungyeol around the campus during lunch break.  'Seriously, this university's so damn huge, i can't feel my legs after' woohyun cursed at himself. Then he suddenly reminded of his bestfriend so he send a message to him asking about his whereabouts. 

To: Yeol~
From: Woohyun

Yeol~ah it's already 2:30 pm and im here at my class room. We have no prof yet, where are you now? Your next class is around 3pm right? 

 

Sungyeol is on his way back to his classroom when his handphone beeped. He looked at it and read woohyun's message. 

To: Namu
From: Sungyeol

Yes, im right in front of my class now, silly. Told you, im not getting lost in here. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Woohyun smiled as he received his message. He was about to reply when someone walks into his table

" ya, Nam Woohyun~ssi "

'what does this guy want from me?'

" what now, myungsoo?" he answered back glaring at him. 

Woohyun doesn't remember exactly why he and Myungsoo became so feisty with each other. He was kinda pissed off by how this guy, Myungsoo be so closed to the environment around him. Like he doesn't care at anyone at all. For Woohyun, Myungsoo's cold facade hides some things and every one who will try to reach out to him will be drowned by his magnanimous aura.

 Woohyun doesn't like pretentious people at all, and he thinks Myungsoo was one of them. 

" you don't need to glare at me, woohyun~ssi.. I just want to ask you something " Myungsoo replied lazily while tapping his fingers on woohyun's table

" Wow. Myungsoo, one of the university's famous students was asking Nam Woohyun about something?" 

Myungsoo laughed at him. ' stupid, im not going to talk to you if it's not for him' 

" whatever you say, pabo. Anyways i'll just go straight to the point. You know Lee Sungyeol right?" Myungsoo asked him

Woohyun raised his eyebrow at the question. He was curious as to how myungsoo knew his bestfriend. 'Did something happen awhile ago?' 

" wait, you know Sungyeol?"

" Pabo. Im not asking you about him if i didn't know at least his name. "

" How did you met him?"  woohyun was really curious. He also want to know why Myungsoo look so interested with his bestfriend. 

" oh, we bumped with each other here in the lobby... Seriously, I dont want this conversation to be long. I know that you also dont want to talk to me too so just answer my question.. "

" hey, that'..."

" so what is your relationship with yeollie?" myungsoo interrupted him

" why should i answer you?" woohyun challenged him as he stood up from his seat. 

" mm..cause im asking you?" myungsoo looked at him like he was some kind of idiot joke that ever existed. 

' damn that attitude... ' woohyun feeling so mad his hands forming a fist.

" i have no problem answering a jerk like you but you should learn some manners at first. " 

" why should i? " 

" what's your problem?!"

" damn it, Nam Woohyun. You dont need to argue with me. If you dont want to answer me then fine. I dont see the need of you to explode like that"

Myungsoo smirked as he walk away from the surprised Woohyun back to his seat and look outside the glass window again. 

' great myungsoo, you just ruin my mood. ' woohyun talked to himself while glaring at myungsoo from afar. 'serious attitude problem this jerk got' he also thought. 
-------------------------------------------------

After the class ended, some of the students were on their way home while Woohyun walks in the library to borrow some useful resources other than textbooks. 

' where does those papers located?' he muttered to himself. 

He walks along the alley of books when he saw someone reading a novel. 
This guy has slanted pair of eyes, perfect for his small but sharp face. He looked so serious while reading eventhough he sat on the library's floor between the two large bookshelves. The said guy seemed to notice Woohyun so he looked up and they met gazes. 

"uhm, yes? Are you looking for something?" the guy with slanted eyes asked woohyun. 

"yes. Im looking for something.. But i am more bothered by you staying here. I mean, its almost 5 pm. Library is closed at 5:30."

" oh? Well im aware of that. You see, i have 30 minutes more. " the guy smiled at Woohyun and swear, he nearly got a heart attack. 

Now that he fully see the slanted eyes' face, he suddenly recognize him. 

" are you Kim Sunggyu? The former president of this department's student council?" woohyun asked. 

" oh, yes i am. How did you know?"

" well you see, youre quite popular back then when you were still the president." woohyun said with sheepish smile on his face. 

Sunggyu smiled. " maybe im quite popular back then " he humbly answered. 

' this sunggyu guy was really well mannered. No wonder why many students look up to him so much.' Woohyun thought. 

"...eerr.. You are?.."

" oh! Right, uhm.. Im Nam Woohyun. Were in the same college department." woohyun was flustered about the sudden question from sunggyu

" ah! Nam Woohyun, you also happen to be one of the students who ran for vice president last year am i right?"

' he remembered my name?' 

" ah yes. I ran for vice president that time. Unfortunately, i lose"

" well i somehow reviewed some platforms of each candidates that time and yours was my favorite" Sunggyu laughed a little.

' my platform? Wait, what did i wrote there? I cant remember damn it' 

"uhmm.. Really? Well im glad to hear that."

"anyways, what you are looking for here in the library?" sunggyu asked woohyun as he stood up and place the novel back on the shelf. "maybe i can help you.. " he added as he approach woohyun. 

" oh, im looking for some research papers from the graduate students that were kept in here. I think i can use those for my acads" woohyun answered. 

" you really putting an effort in your acads huh?"

" well you see, i had some sort of a 'rival' in my class.. Not that we really fight but you know, even though we dont really hate each other, there was this feeling of competition between us.."

" is he Myungsoo?" Sunggyu asked him.

'woah. Im amazed. To think that the well respected senior here in this dept, Kim Sunggyu knows the name of that jerk was really surprising' Woohyun thought. 

Sunggyu laughed. " your'e quite adorable. Your face looked really astonished when you hear me say that name. You dont like him?" 

Woohyun was struck at the sight. Sunggyu laughing was really an awesome sight for him. He wished that he could laugh or smile longer. 

" No. Well im not sure. Its not that i hate him. But he's getting on my nerves sometimes. "

"you know what? You're just talking about how Myungsoo is getting into your nerves in front of his own brother"  Sunggyu laughed even more. 

"w..what?!" Woohyun thinks that Sunggyu was messing up with him. There is no way that an almost perfect man like Sunggyu is the older brother of that cold city boy Myungsoo

" you heard me right, woohyun~ssi. I am Myungsoo's older brother." 


this time Sunggyu look so serious. 


".. In fact i must be the one who'll surprised because i thought it's already a common knowledge to everyone" Sunggyu added. 

Woohyun maybe a little pissed off at Myungsoo but that doesn't mean he isn't updated to all of his classmate's lives. He's the talkative and sociable Nam Woohyun afterall, so he's really shocked at the sudden news that is really "new" to him. 

" well, i.. im sorry.. I wasn't.."

"no worries, woohyun~ssi. Now that i somehow get to know one of my dear brother's classmates.. Can i ask you a favor?"  sunggyu didn't let woohyun finished his statement. 

" uhm.. what is it, sunggyu~ssi?"

"can you look at myungsoo for me? I mean, please let me know how was he at your classroom, if he has friends and the likes? .. Please?"

" aren't you two close? " Woohyun asked innocently. Actually he's not too hyped up about Sunggyu's favor to him. Maybe because it involves Myungsoo. 

Sunggyu chuckled. "Yes we are close. But im aware that you noticed that he is somehow unpredictable and mysterious sometimes. There are some things that he doesn't want me to know. As a brother, im worried about him..."

"hmm fine. Since you asked me nicely" Woohyun answered.

'eh?! Nam woohyun, seriously?! You allow someone to make a favor to you? Have you lost your mind somewhere?!' 

" thank you, woohyun~ssi"
-------------------------------------------------

As what he promised to his father, Sungyeol walks in their coffeeshop and went straight to the counter. 

" is there anything i can do to help, pa?"

" oh, sungyeollie dear. You're just right in time, please serve this cappuccino to that guy sitting at the corner" his father ordered.

" alright pa, uhm wait.. is daeyeol at home already?"

" yes, he went home earlier than expected. He said that their teacher gave them an early dismissal since its just first day of class"

" oh okay. I'll serve this one now."

Sungyeol made his way to the guy sitting at the corner of their cafe to give him the cappuccino. When the customer looked up to him, Sungyeol was so surprised he almost drop the cup of hot coffee.

" ya! what are you doing here, kim myungsoo?" he shouted but not too loud to prevent himself from making a scene. 

" remember what i told you? Im going to be around you from now on. I even told you to anticipate it. Tch. Im hurt. " Myungsoo fake a hurt expression. 

' oh please lord.. Tell me he's joking' sungyeol said to himself

" oh, im sorry yeollie.. But im freakingly serious when i said that i like you " Myungsoo said as if he read sungyeol's mind and gave him his best smile.

Sungyeol, though he was lost for a second in Myungsoo's smile, managed to collect himself again and made his way back at the counter..

"see you again tomorrow yeollie~ah" Myungsoo said. Sungyeol turned to him in exasperated frown only receiving another wink from him.

 

' just let me enjoy this school year .. Please.. ' Sungyeol said to himself