Chapter 1

The One who Believed in me

First day of school. Typical scenarios. Everything seems to be so boring and a non-ending routine for Myungsoo as he watches the students walking in the school gates from the window in his classroom. 

" tch. I hate school. I really hate it." he muttered to himself. 

As he continue watching from afar, he was suddenly felt awestruck to a tall, milky skinned student that was just entering the gates. He never saw that student before. Actually he's kinda shocked to know that this university has a student like that guy. 

" maybe he's from another college department" myungsoo again thought to himself. 

The tall guy seems to look lost in his thoughts or maybe not having it at all as he walk in the school grounds, looking like a litte lost puppy or maybe he is looking for something. Or someone. Myungsoo giggled at the sight. Eversince he saw this student, he never take his eyes off him. Just as when he is into the newbie, myungsoo saw a familiar figure run into his target's location and they look like they're laughing. 

Ah. No wonder that the guy who just greeted the tall newbie seemed familiar. That guy was Woohyun, his classmate and somehow a "rival" in terms of acads and popularity. Myungsoo laughed to himself. He was amazed that maybe Woohyun will also become his "rival" in that tall newbie's attention... Wait, why is he suddenly thinking like that? He doesn't even know the newbie's name... 

' im such an idiot. Damn it' 

-------------------------------------------------

- earlier -

"Sungyeol-ah, wake up honey. It's already 7 am. I thought your class starts at 9? You should get up and prepare early so you can have your breakfast." 

"hmmmm? But it's too early mom. Can you pls wake me up at 8 am? I need to sleep more.. " 

" don't you remember that you transferred school and need to at least take a bus for 45 minutes? Get up now. Daeyeol will also be late because of you" 

" he can go to school without me mom" sungyeol protests while walking down the stairs. 

"but you seemed to worry 'bout your little bro that you actually walk out of your room" his mom laughed at him. 

" you loved me that much, hyung?" his younger brother, daeyeol

" ya! no way. Mom was right. I need to prepare early. I don't wanna be late at my first day. Specially to a new school"

" okay. okay hyung. I believe in you." daeyeol again, teased his brother

" tch. Whatever. " he muttered.

Sungyeol's family was quite a perfect example of a simple yet happy family. His dad had a stable job before as a real estate agent and was able to save a lot of money that they were able to build a coffee shop just a few steps away from their house. His mom, a former middle school teacher resigned from her job to help his husband with their business. His younger bro, Lee Daeyeol was currently a senior high school student in Seoul Academy. 

To be honest, Sungyeol missed their house in Yongin but he also never regret of agreeing to his parents to move here in Seoul. He was quite culture shocked despite having Yongin and Seoul be in the same country, he was surprised as to how Seoul be so commercialized and more luxurious than any other cities he visited before. He was amused as to how even at night, the streets in Seoul still flashes blinding lights and there were still shops that are open even at that time. 

"yeollie?" 

Sungyeol's dad suddenly asked him. 

"ah.. ne? " 

" i make you a coffee. I just experimented it out and i hope i can get you an opinion about it. Maybe i can put that on the menu" 

Sungyeol smiled. His father has been so devoted to the coffee shop that he spends large amount of time to try something new and make sungyeol be a critic of his creations. Well, afterall Sungyeol is a huge coffee maniac. 

" you think i can give you an honest opinion dad?" 

" of course. All of the coffees that you approved were the best sellers. " his dad laughed heartily

" well maybe i can now judge this one" sungyeol also laughed as  he take a sip on the cup. 

-------------------------------------------------

" eomma, pa , we're going! I'll go to help you in the coffe shop later after the dismissal" sungyeol waved at his parents as they exited their house

" okay honey, take care. Ya daeyeollie, fix your uniform! "

" okay mom! " daeyeol answered. 

They took the bus and made their way to their school.

' ooh. This univesity is really huge. I wonder if i can roam around this later during lunch break or maybe after dismissal ' sungyeol thought to himself as he look around his new school. 

Seoul University, sister school of his little brother's school, Seoul Academy is one of the prestigious school in South Korea. Mainly because most of the students were wealthy, and by the word wealthy meaning they were sons and daughters of different company CEOs and the likes. Also, there were some who aren't filthy rich which is a category that Sungyeol falls into. These are the university scholars who are granted an all expense payment including books, uniforms and other miscellaneous fees. Despite the difference in social status, Sungyeol doesn't feel intimitated at the presence of some of the students at all. 

' pretty sure, im smarter than these kids ' he assured himself. ' i dont feel pressured by them. Well, must i? '

Sungyeol walks in the school grounds without noticing the pair of eyes that is boring a hole on his head. Suddenly he found a perfect place to stay while waiting for his best friend to come. After waiting for a few minutes he heard a loud shout from his right side..

" ya, Lee Sungyeooooool! "

" you're too loud, woohyun! " 

"don't get embarrassed my friend. I'm just really excited to see you again. " 

" but we've been with each other since middle school though. You just moved here to Seoul earlier than us. " 

" ne, my dad need to fix something related to our company here. So yea. But hey, i missed you! Don't you miss me?"

" of course i am. But not too much, we emailed each other time to time so i guess i missed you but not enough to make me shout your name when i see you " 

" tsss. You're bad as ever yeol~ah"

" you're no better namu "

" well anyways, let me take you around the campus but first, let us go to the registrar.. You need to pass this one "

" ah yes, let's go. "

-------------------------------------------------
After the 2 minor subjects, it's already lunch break. Everyone walked out of their respective classes and went to canteen.

Woohyun take Sungyeol to a walk around the school and finally made their way to the lockers. 

" yeol~ah, this is your locker, here's your key. As for me, i need to go to the school's gym, the soccer team have a general assembly probably a meeting for recruiting new members. Message me if you need anything. "

" ya, im not some 6 yr old kid ne? I' ll explore the campus on my own. I'll be fine"

"what time is your next class?" woohyun asked sungyeol

" around 3pm? Hmm. Not sure im gonna check my sched again."

"eeh? That's a long break. You have 2 hours to wait for your next class"

"ne. Perfect enough to memorize this campus. Dont worry i'll not get bored. I'll be fine on my own."

" okay.. As you said, youre not some 6 year old kid, right?"

" i smell some sarcasm " sungyeol provoked woohyun

"ya, stop it. Dont start an argument with me..."

"cause you'll never outwit mine" sungyeol again teased woohyun

Woohyun laughed. "yea, youre right. Well got to go. See you around! "

" sure! "

-------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol starts walking upstairs to the business management department and was astonished to the place. 

Everything was so organized and clean. Unlike to the Accounting department where it seems normal to have books and calculators all over the place. He continue to walk around the lobby, quite distracted by some thoughts when he bumped with someone

" ah! I am so sorry! " sungyeol said

The student whom he bumped with smirked and it looks quite offending to him so he raised his eyebrows as he scanned the man

" why are you looking at me like that?" the stranger asked sungyeol

Surprised, sungyeol stuttered while talking

" n.. Nothing. I said, im sorry about y.. You know .. I accidentally bumped with you. I.. D..  Dont notice you there.."

" woah. That's the first time i heard that statement" the stranger cheekily grinned at him. 

" err ... What?" confused, sungyeol step back to have at least a proper distance from him. 

" that's the first time i heard someone didn't notice me.... You know, i am pretty well known for gaining attention everywhere i go.."

Well sungyeol was so sure that the guy had the rights of bragging in front of him since the other look so prince-ly but somehow this man emits an intimidating aura and it pisses him off so much. 

" well, you're good looking too..." the other guy woke up sungyeol in his thoughts.

"uhh.."

"... Well i must say.. For a man, you're quite pretty " the stranger added

Sungyeol was really dumbfounded that time and he thinks that the other guy was looking down on him. 

' did he really say that i am pretty right in front of me?! so what does that make me? '

" hey, im talking to you.. i know i'm handsome but please don't make it too obvious.. you're attracted to me aren't you?" once again, this stranger pushing sungyeol's patience so hard it almost reach his limit. 

' tch. Seriously this guy is so full of himself. ' 
To be honest, Sungyeol is now imagining a 101 ways to torture this man. 
' how far will this guy keep on testing my patience? ahhh... Seriously... '

" im sorry, im not really fond of having a conversation to someone i dont even know. " finally, sungyeol speaks up. 

' sungyeol... calm down... this brat was just looking for some good time so prevent yourself from entertaining him' he reminded himself. Repeating those words like a mantra on his head. 

" oh.. Really? Well that's kinda sad.. I wanna get to know you... "

' o my god.. He's not done yet.. run, sungyeol, run! '

" im sorry, but im not a student in this department so there's no need to befriend me " sungyeol answered back.

" who says i want to be friends with you?" the stranger smirked as he approached sungyeol.

Sungyeol step back once again to make some distance once again but the other reached his hand. 

" you scared?" the man asked him.

" there's no way im gonna be scared of someone like you... "

"then why you're walking away from me? "

" why are you still approaching me? "

" what's your name?"

' my god. This brat just changed the topic. '

" not gonna tell you until you explain to me what your'e doing or simply just tell me what's on your mind right now" sungyeol finally snapped because the guy just completely irritated him. 

" wanna know what's on my mind?..." the guy asked sungyeol.

"... You sure.. You want to know?.."

' o freaking god stop this. he's intimidating that it really makes me mad '

" you dont need to tell me if you dont want. I'll pretend that this thing never happen so please, move, you're blocking the way downstairs" sungyeol looked the stranger straight to the eyes. 

" mm.. But i dont want you to pretend that you didn't know me... By the way my bad, im Kim Myungsoo..." he reaches his hand to sungyeol.

Irritated, but somehow sungyeol is a well mannered man so he reached myungsoo's hand and tell him his name. 

" youre quite cocky. for sure you are the kingka of this campus." sungyeol said in almost inaudible sound but the other heard it all

" well youre not wrong. I am the so called kingka here. Not that i want it though"


 ' not that i want it, my ' sungyeol speak that to himself . " tch, as if youre telling the truth"

" you said that youre not in this department, right?" myungsoo asked him.

" ye. That's right. I'm from accounting department "

" ... You're a transferee?" 

" how'd you know? "

" well, a hunch..."

" ah.. Okay.. "

There was a minute of silence between them. Myungsoo was looking at sungyeol intensely it makes the latter insane. 

' what is this brat's problem?!'

" ummm. Can you move now? Im going downstairs.. " sungyeol break the silence.

" sure, why not?....... But let me know your schedule first " myungsoo smirked once again and that's what making sungyeol sooooo irritated. 

' i swear one more smirk from this guy and im really gonna die right here in this place. ' sungyeol thought of himself

" ya! seriously what's wrong with you?" sungyeol can't take the pressure inside him anymore that he raises his voice a bit. 

" nothing.. I just want to get to know you more.. Is that a bad thing? "

" why you want to get to know me? Just move now, i need to go downstairs" 

" yeollie..."

' wait, did he really called me yeollie? '

"ya, what's with the 'yeollie'? It's not that we are close or something "

" let me have your sched first.. Or else.."

" or else what? "

" oh, im sure you dont wanna know. "

" seriously youre pissing me off . Stop playing games with me"

" but im not playing with you. i dropping some hints that im interested in you... But you're stupid, you didn't pick up any of it." 

' wait... What did this moron said?!"

" i.. in.. interested? you're interested in me?"

" mmm. Saying that im interested is quite an understatement. I like you yeollie... " myungsoo smiled tenderly at sungyeol as he reaches his hands.

".... Let's go out after dismissal, shall we? " he added, waiting for sungyeol response.

' ehhh?! Seriously? This man just approach him and asking him to go out after the dismissal right at the first day of classes?! This guy is really stupid' sungyeol tell himself

" maybe afterall, i was wrong to predict that this school year will be as boring as the past school years... Cause youre here " 

' LOL cheesy. There's no way that this guy is interested in me. Maybe im just another victim of his game. You think im gonna allow you manipulate me? Hell, no ' 

Sungyeol pulled his hand from myungsoo's touch and firmly tell him:

" i need to help my dad when i get home. i dont have time to play with you, myungsoo... Maybe you can ask some of your friends... Don't bother yourself on getting to know a transferee student named lee sungyeol"

" really? But im quite sure that part of you wants to play with a stupid spoiled brat named kim myungsoo.. right?" this time myungsoo laughed at him. 

' damn this brat '

" well youre correct on one part. You are a spoiled brat"

" sorry, but i'm not a spoiled brat..." 

" then what? A prince hungry of attention? "

" did you just compare me to a prince? Aissshh.. Thank you yeollie "

" ya, dont get too cocky.."

" so, it's a no? You dont want to go out with me? "

" im busy, sorry. "

" if youre not busy, then you'll go out with me?"

" you're really full of yourself."

" well let's just say that i am.. " 

Sungyeol was so done right now that he already want to go back to his class. This Kim Myungsoo guy is so impossible he cant believe a man like him actually exist. His first impression of him was a self-centered man who loves attention and an intimidating person who is capable of crushing you and your existence just by looking at him. Sungyeol thinks if he will argue with this guy further, in any ways, he will be defeated by the stubborness of myungsoo.

" then i guess, i'll just see you around then.." Myungsoo said finally giving up on persuading sungyeol. 

Sungyeol already walking his way downstairs when myungsoo again, stopped him

".. I meant it. When i say i'll see you around, you'll definitely see me anywhere you go.. Please anticipate it. Okay? " Myungsoo winked at Sungyeol and walk to the lobby straight to his classroom. Sungyeol just stood there not knowing what to process on his mind right at that moment. 

' This school year will be the most interesting school year ever.. Well, not bad at all. ' Myungsoo said to himself as he sit on his table looking at the view of the school grounds through the glass windows..

" definitely not bad at all " he chuckled.