Chapter 4

The One who Believed in me
  • i cant believe im up and posting this update at 1:11 am. Since its the last day of my finals later at 9am, i am feeling relieved now. Lol. I promised that i'll post 3 chapters a day. But i dont know when i'll post ch5 and 6. Well i'll just stay positive. Hope you enjoy reading it

 

"ya, woohyun~ssi" Woohyun turned around to see the person calling him and saw Sunggyu walking to him along with another student. 

"annyeong haseyo sunggyu~hyung" he answered. Still, his eyes were locked in to Sunggyu's companion.

"ah, you dont need to call me hyung, just 'Sunggyu' will do. We're friends already, right?" Sunggyu smiled and tap his shoulders

"oh, sure.. " woohyun replied with a shy smile and a flustered face. 

"by the way, he's Jang Dongwoo..." Sunggyu said as he moved his hands and placed it on dongwoo's back. "... We're in the same class, and close friends as well."

Dongwoo reached his hand and Woohyun gladly accept it. "it's nice to meet you, woohyun~ssi"

Woohyun smiled, " the pleasure's mine, dongwoo~...ahmmm. hyu..

"kkkk same as gyu, you dont need to call me hyung"

"so it's dongwoo~ssi then"

The three continue to talk with each other when Myungsoo passed them by at the hallway

"good morning, brother" Sunggyu greet him

" ah, ne.. Morning hyung..." he answered and went near Sunggyu  "... what you're doing he.." he paused and he saw the two students standing side by side with his brother

"yo, myungsoo~ah!! Ahhh. Still looking great~" Dongwoo cling to myungsoo

" oh, hey dongwoo hyung. I get it why you are with my gyu hyung but kindly explain to me why this guy *points at woohyun* is with the two of you... You know him?" myungsoo asked. Somewhat forming a frown on his face.

" i just met him now... I think he's cool though.." Dongwoo answered

Myungsoo looked at his hyung and wait for his response. 

" we saw each other at the library last time" 

Woohyun was kinda upset by Sunggyu's short answer but relieved at the same time since he lowkey expect Sunggyu to deny him. 

' Sunggyu was really a nice guy...' woohyun thought.

"and that's it? You're friends already?" Myungsoo didn't believe his ears. His hyung actually made friends to his classmate whom lowkey declaring a cold war with him. 

"is there any other requirement to consider someone a friend?" Sunggyu asked him. 

Myungsoo just look at woohyun


"Now that i remember it, Woohyun~ssi told me last time that you're not really in goodterms with each other" sunggyu teased both his younger brother and woohyun

"oh, i never thought that woohyun~ssi was such a crybaby. Telling other people about his dispute with me." Myungsoo smirked

Woohyun who was silent for awhile got irritated at myungsoo and was ready to bark back at him and ready to start a fight when someone interrupted him from doing so

"myung~ you know that i dont like anyone who insults other people specially our family and friends.. " Sunggyu put some harshness in his voice but still he looked so calm. 

"tch, what are you now hyung? This guy's savior?" myungsoo fired back

"Myungsoo.." this time Sunggyu's voice dropped a hint of annoyance to his brother's sudden change of attitude. This is what he hate the most about myungsoo, the latter didn't seem to mind anyone at all when he's on the verge of anger and letting he's emotions get the best of him. 

"hey, hey, come on guys! What's with the sudden drama? Let's just enjoy each other's company, kay?" Dongwoo told them, waving his hands up in the air just to lighten up the mood

" Dongwoo was right, myungsoo. Let's just enjoy each other's company, shall we?" woohyun said looking like he's agreeing to dongwoo but sarcasm was so present on his statement. 

Myungsoo chuckled. Quite amused, he grinned while clenching his teeth. He looked back at woohyun and nods, as if he's accepting woohyun's indirect challenge. 

"sure.. Fine with me.." 
-------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol,with a novel book in his hand, walks alone in the hallway towards the school grounds. He somehow accomplished his goal of memorizing the whole campus so he already knew some areas perfect for spending his 2-hour break time. 

He discovered that there was a mini garden behind the university's scholarship office. He never knew that this garden exists until the scholarship's office admin told him so. 

He sits in one of the benches. Usually it was always him who visits the garden since only a few people were aware of this place. He stretched his arms and legs and help himself be comfortable when he saw someone watering the flowers in the bushes. 

Sungyeol only watched the man as the latter move from one flower to another as if he doesn't noticed the taller's curious gaze. 
Seeing some other students here was pretty normal for sungyeol so after watching this man for awhile, he just shrug it off and decides to read the novel he brought. 

Sungyeol wasn't sure when did he really took a nap but when he opens his eyes, another book was placed beside him. He's still holding his own novel too so he's quite puzzled. 

'who left this book here?'  

Confused, he still took the book and scanned the pages. A piece of paper fell down and he immediately pick it up..

'this novel was the sequel of the one you're reading right now' - the note says. 

" woah. Daebak.. " he muttered quietly

"was it?" 

A voice came from behind so he turned around.

'oh, he's the one watering the plants earlier' sungyeol speak to himself

"uhh... You're the owner of this book?" he asked the other guy

" ah yes. I put it beside you while youre taking a nap."

"oh.. Well, sorry i will not take down your generosity. Let me borrow this okay?" sungyeol said, smiling. He really loves reading to be honest. 

" sure, i already wrote that in the note. " 

" thank youuu.. Uh... What's your name?"

"you didn't read the whole note? It was on the bottom part" the guy answered playfully

"sorry. I'll check it.."

"Lee Howon. . You can call me Hoya" the guy said as soon as Sungyeol read the note again. 

"ah, hoya.. You're a student here right? From what department are you? So i know where i can find you when i return this book. "

"im from class 3-A of Marketing Department" hoya answered

'class 3-A .. Marketing dept... Oh!'

"You! You're one of Lee Sungjong's classmates am i right?" 

Hoya was quite shocked about the sudden hype of Sungyeol. 

"Oh yes i am. Actually we're seatmates. We are both Lee's" 

"Great, if i cant come yo return you this personally, i'll just ask him to do so"

Curious, hoya asked sungyeol : "you're friends with Sungjong?" 

"more than friends, were cousins" Sungyeol said

"Great. Well i hope you enjoy reading this novel. It was one of my favorites. "

"sure thing. I already love the first in the series so i'll definitely like this one" 

The talking continues as the two made their way back to the main building together
-------------------------------------------------

"ya.. Yeollie~ah.." myungsoo called out sungyeol right at the moment when he saw him walking towards the school gates

"waeyo, myung?" 

"explain" Myungsoo looked at him coldly 

'oh, this "cold myungsoo" is here again.. Just what the did i do for him to look at me like this again?' 

"w...what d..do i have to exp.. explain?"

"tsss.. i saw you with another student a while ago  and you know what's worse? You're talking to him" myungsoo still showcasing a cold facade in his face.

"woah. Hold on, why am i suppose to ignore anyone who wants to talk with me?!" sungyeol quite panicked, and he wasnt sure either why he suddenly felt like that. 

"nope yeollie.. you dont need to ignore him. Just don't let yourself be so close to anyone.."


" why should i listen to you? Don't just yell and tell me what i must do. I'm not your child or something" Sungyeol tries to overpower Myungsoo's dominance during their conversation. 

"oh here we go... Yeollie~ah, you're playing hard-to-get agaiiin." Myungsoo circled his arms around Sungyeol's shoulders and starts dragging him to the carpark

"eyy, you giving me a ride again?" Sungyeol asked Myungsoo

"but of course, yeollie~"

"err.. You dont need to.."

"just let me talk to you for a while, ne? If you're still not comfortable hanging out with me, then allow to me just stay in your coffee shop for awhile."

"well, what you want to talk about?" Sungyeol asked him

"everything.." 

"like what?"

"you can ask me some questions you know..."

"we can have it done here in school, why the need of coming in my place?" 

"stop complaining my dear sungyeollie.. I just want to have little bit of your time.. Someone just made my whole day really bad and youre the only one who can fix it."

Sungyeol cant help but to shiver at Myungsoo's statement. It wasn't new to him though because the latter was really affectionate to him since day one. 

'seriously this "other" Myungsoo drives me crazy. It looks like there are 2 personas living in that one body... The other was the cold, arrogant guy while this one... The fluffy, cheesy & clingy one... I cant seem to adapt to both... Aiiisssshhh...' Sungyeol talked to himself because of Myungsoo's sudden change of mood. 

"... You got into fight?" Sungyeol asked after calming his thoughts

" Ani.. Let's just say that we don't really like each other. " myungsoo answered him while fastening his seatbelt

" oh.. " Sungyeol thinks that Myungsoo's problem was something personal 'maybe he wants to talk about how he was at his home... Or maybe he needs my advice or something. ' 

"Actually you were close to that guy" 

"huh?"

"the one who dares to mess with your lover was no other than Woohyun" Myungsoo look at Sungyeol for a second and starts driving 

"wha..?!"

"How can you be friends with that stupid tree? Seriously i dont get it at all. The moment i saw him walking in front of our class when he transferred here last year, i knew that i'll hate his guts and guess what? i'm not wrong"

"aisssh.. How can you talk like that to my friend? He's actually pretty nice and fun to be around." sungyeol defends his best friend

"sure enough he felt the same with me too.. so we're quits"

"you really dont get well together?!"

"we can still talk casually.. But maybe for about 0.5 seconds only"

"aisssh.. seriously? Why dont you try to get along with him? "

"why would i?"

"cause you should..."

"i only talk to people i like.."

"aigoo, jeongmal.. So childish, myung"

"no im not"

"yes you are"

"i like you that's why i talk to you a lot.. Don't you see that?"

"stop it myung. that's so sudden"

"because i think you considered all of these as a "childish" thing for you"

"what exactly does 'these' pertaining to?"

"everything"

'geez.. what is wrong with you, myungsoo? Sometimes we click but more often i am lost with your words sometimes' Sungyeol said to himself

"woah. That's so general.."

"it is.." 
-------------------------------------------------

Sungjong was on his way home. He was walking with his earphones on when someone tap his shoulders.

"Oh, Hoya~ssi. Waeyo?... Eh? Why were you panting?"

"i.. i try to call you so.. soo many.. ti..times.. But you didn't hear it" hoya answered, breathing heavily

"gosh! Im sorry. I'm listening to some music, here.. You see?" sungjong plugged off his earphones and showed it to hoya.

"that's okay.."

"well, going back.. Why were you calling me?

"Ms Park already gave back our exam papers and you forgot to get yours so here.." 

"Really? Ah. Thank you Hoya~ssi.."

"No problem. Well, got to go.. See you tomorrow, Jongie"

"Sure. Take care then"

Hoya turned back and went to the opposite direction of Sungjong after they waved each other goodbye. 

After a number of steps, Hoya saw an ice cream store so he decided to have some and eat while walking. 

"one pistachio please"

While waiting for his ice cream, he roamed his eyes around the store and catches a student with a same uniform as him. The student seems so carefree while munching the dessert in front of him. 

"here's your ice cream sir.."

Hoya broke his stare at the student

"ah ne, thank you"

Hoya was about to exit the store when the student muttered his name.

"uh.. How did you know me?" Hoya politely asked the other


"oh, don't you remember? Im Jang Dongwoo . During the Univerity's foundation week.. You know, the dance competition.. I was one of the dancers who participate and represent our college department"

'ah.. I thought i just mistakenly saw him as someone familiar. Im so stupid. To think that i dont remember a respected senior here.. Aigoo..'

"Im sorry Dongwoo~hyung, i recognized you however i was afraid to ask .."

"Drop the hyung, every student in the university is already my friend so you dont need to add honorifics"

'such a friendly person' Hoya thought

"was that some kind of exaggeration?" Hoya

Dongwoo laughed . "eyy..aniyo. anyways, you going home already?" 

"ne. I just dropped here to buy some ice cream." Hoya answered

"it is really good to have some snacks while on the streets, ne?"
-------------------------------------------------

"ya, yeollie~hyung.. I want to rent a dorm near our school. Want to join me?" Sungjong spoke to sungyeol while jumping in his bed

"waeyo?" sungyeol answered sleepily. "... And what are you doing here in my bedroom?!" he added

" aigoo hyung, dont get mad so easily. But you see, our street was really too far from the campus. We need to travel at least an hour to attend our classes. Take note, the commute time will also varies on the road's situation. For example: the traffic, road repairs and such..."

"but it's not a problem for me. I just want to sleep here in my own bedroom" sungyeol again buried his head on the pillow. "... If you're going to disturb me again while sleeping, i'll kick you out of my room" Sungyeol warned his cousin. 

" arasso, arasso. But pls try to reconsider my offer hyung. I really want to rent a dorm.."

"ne, ne.. Just get off my bed. " 

"yaaaaay thank hyung." Sungjong jumps once again and began running out of the door 

It was already Saturday, which means no classes so Sungyeol just spending his day rolling on his bed. 

*ring* *ring*

"hello?"

"ya, yeolli~ah"

"what is it, namu?"

"let's go shopping! I heard there's a sale on our favorite shop!" Woohyun said almost squealing because of excitement. 

"namu, mianhaeyo... But i'll pass."

"waeyo?"

"im sooo tired since the beginning of this week. We have so many paperworks and exams. I dont have enough time to sleep so i'll just be lying here all day long..."

"ah.. Really? Well im kinda disappointed. But anyways, since youre my yeollie~ah, i'll buy you some food later after i go there"

"you're coming here?"

"ne. Is there something you want me to buy for you?" woohyun asked sungyeol

"hmm... Im fine with chicken"

"okay. See you later. Im going to mall now."

"alright. Take care"

Sungyeol placed his handphone above his head and starts to drowse when suddenly it ring again

"what is it again, namu?"

"namu? You mean, that tree?" said the voice on the other line. 

Sungyeol checked the caller's id and placed his handphone to his ears again

"ah.. Im sorry myungie. Namu just called me few minutes ago so i thought it was him again."

"tss. Unforgivable. Anyways, come with me to the park. Let's have a proper date"

"ya! what are you talking about?!" sungyeol was surprised to what myungsoo said

"im asking you for a date. Pabo~ya"

"aigooo... So persistent. Im sorry. I cant go outside. Im tired the whole week so i'll be lying in my bed for the whole day. Maybe i can think about it next time"

"next time and today were just the same. Get up now.."

"also, namu told me that he'll come here later so there's no way im gonna ditch a friend"

"woohyun will come over to your house?"

"yes. He told me. Waeyo?"

"Get up now... Im going there" Myungsoo said as he hung up. 

"huh? Wai.. Ya! Hello? Myung? Ya! How dare you end the call why im still talking you jerk!" 


'aigooo. Just when i thought i can have my full day rest. Now i have to expect two visitors here in our house. Aaaaaghhhh!' Sungyeol throw his pillows as he got up from his bed.

 

  • I emit some scenarios lol. And im quite sleepy so i guess there will be lots of errors so 미않에요 친구야 ㅠㅠ