Chapter 5

The One who Believed in me
  • Hello. Im alive agaiiin. Sorry for the delayed update. Btw, have you read my oneshot fic? ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ
  • Im soooo into twitter these days after our finals. I missed a lot of Infinite and GoldenChild's updates. Lol. Good thing twitter was really a good sns site. Anw, here's chapter 5. :)

 

It was raining outside. Sungyeol made an excuse to his class and went his way to the restroom. While walking, he took a glance on the school grounds from the lobby and saw someone walking in the rain. 

'was that myungsoo?' he asked himself

His eyes followed to where the figure's going and went there too. Sungyeol didn't understand why he concerns himself too much at myungsoo however he felt that the latter had something going on with his mind that he doesnt share to others

He was near the area where myungsoo went. It was behind one of the buildings that is used to be the literary club office but remained unused after the former members graduated. He was now unsure if he will take another step because why the hell did he go there in the first place but somehow he was curious what myungsoo will do here. He stayed silent for a minute when he heard him talking.

"what do you want from me?"

'eh? He's fighting someone over phone?' Sungyeol thought. He took a peek of myungsoo and the latter was facing behind, holding his phone in his one hand while clenching the other. 

" i told you that you're wasting your time threatening me. I'm not even holding some shares on my family's business, stop this stupidity." myungsoo again, said to the person over the phone

"oh, so youre targeting my hyung? Sunggyu has nothing to do with it. Leave him alone. Tch. Seriously, you're making me laugh. You're a pity" 

Myungsoo continued to blabber challenging and sarcastic statements to his caller and Sungyeol has grown more curious. 

'what the hell is wrong with myungsoo and that caller?' sungyeol asked himself. The conversation between the former continued but Sungyeol doesn't want to get involved anymore. It was something personal. It has to be myungsoo that must settle it. He now shrug off his concerns and then go back to what he was about to do when he excused himself in his class. 
.
.
Sungyeol exited the men's restroom and aim to get back to his class when he saw someone near the staircase. 

It wasnt myungsoo.. But the man was familiar. 

"good afternoon, Sungyeol~ssi" the man greet him. 

"ah ne. Same to youu... uh.."

"Im Kim Sunggyu.. Senior Business management student..."

'oh.. That's why he's familiar... His name sounds familiar too..' Sungyeol thought

"....and Kim Myungsoo's older brother" Sunggyu added

'Myungsoo's hyung? Oh... That was a surprise. What is he doing here? Wait...'

'oh, so youre targeting my hyung? Sunggyu has nothing to do with it. Leave him alone...'


"ah. Nice to meet you Sunggyu hyung..."

"no need to add honorifics. Sunggyu will do."

"ah.. Okay.. Then, its nice to meet you, Sunggyu" Sungyeol bowed his head. A little bit embarrassed.

"well, me too. Nice to meet you. I oftenly heard your name from myungsoo and woohyun as well"

" you know woohyunnie?"

"yes. It was a long story though.. By the way, you must be wondering why im here at your college deparment so  i'll go straight to the point." 

Sungyeol suddenly become so tensed because of seriousness present in Sunggyu's voice

"sure.. What do you want to talk about Sunggyu~ssi?" he cautiously asked him

"i saw you following my brother awhile ago... Tell me what did you find out" 

'woah.. That's really directly stated...' sungyeol relaxed himself and think of what he will answer.. 

'since myungsoo goes all the way to that area just to answer that phonecall means he wants that thing to be confidential. But maybe sunggyu hyung knows it too but myungsoo doesn't want his hyung to get involved so he's hiding it from him... But wait, why he will hide it from his hyung in the first place?' so many thoughts bombarded sungyeol's mind, he got lost on his own

"sungyeol ~ssi.. Tell me.." Sunggyu again spoke to him.

Sungyeol has made his decision to hide what he heard. If Sunggyu knows about it, he will certainly tell that to Myungsoo.. What will Sunggyu feel if he heard it from other people instead of his brother? Afterall, he also said to himself not to involve with myungsoo specially in personal matters. 

He will let Myungsoo tell those things to the concerned people on his own 

"mianhe. I did follow him, but i changed my mind when i was near his location.. So i dont really know what he did there" Sungyeol didn't fully lied at all. Its true that he didn't went straight to where myungsoo at but the case is, he didn't tell Sunggyu that he heard something

"you're not lying?" Sunggyu asked him, glaring straight to his eyes.

"why would i? And was there really something going on that you're asking me this much?" Sungyeol now answered back. 

"nothing.. Im sorry.. Myungsoo and i were close but he's hiding some secrets from me. We're in the same college department so i used to observe him everyday without him noticing. From the way i see it, it is the first time i saw him being so close to someone.. I thought he would be more open to you.. You know, like he tell you things and stuffs.."

"if he cant say it to his own hyung, there's no way he can say that to other people" Sungyeol interrupted him

"yea.. I think youre right" sunggyu said looking down. 

"im sorry sunggyu~ssi did i sound rude to you?"

"ani.. Its just that i really want to know whats going through my brother's mind. He can ask for help with me right? But i dont know since our dad always compare us two and i cant do anything about it... I.. I felt that he's pushing me away. I felt really worthless as his hyung"

"no.. He will never think of you as a worthless brother. He's very worried at you that he doesn't want you to get hurt or something.. Anyways Sunggyu~ssi, i need to go back to my class. See you around"

"ah ne. See you.." 

Sungyeol waved a bit and went back to his classroom. 

Sunggyu still, in the staircase where Sungyeol leaved him was thinking hard.

'there's something wrong with Sungyeol's statement' he thought himself. 

'...He's very worried at you that he doesn't want you to get hurt or something.. ' 

'why i feel that what he said was very wrong?' He again tells himself

"He knows something.. He's hiding it from me.." Sunggyu muttered

-------------------------------------------------
" Ya myungsoo, where did you go? Ms.Gong is looking for you awhile ago" Woohyun said as Myungsoo sits back on his chair

"i excuse myself because im answering an important phonecall, why she looked for me?" Myungsoo answered lazily

"of course! Answering a business phonecall will only took you 5 to 10 minutes of your time but you are out of the class for an hour!" Woohyun raised his voice a bit. 

"who says that it was a business phonecall?" 

"ugh! Youre impossible!"

"i am.."

-------------------------------------------------
Later at night

Myungsoo wasnt on his mood the whole day because of that phonecall and also because Sungyeol looks like avoiding him for some reason. 

'what happened? Why he's avoiding me?! Ahhhh. Jinjjaaaa' myungsoo rolled over his bed and went downstairs to grab some fresh milk just to calm down his thoughts. 

"you should stop playing hide and seek hyung" Myungsoo suddenly spoke when he felt that he's being watched in the kitchen

"oh.. You noticed me here?" Sunggyu said as he showed himself to Myungsoo

" i noticed you everyday.. Even at school" Myungsoo confessed.

"really? So that simply answers as to why you're becoming a rather harder puzzle to complete. You are becoming so cautious of your actions because you noticed me watching you" Sunggyu chuckled. 

"maybe.." 

Sunggyu was somehow upset to Myungsoo's short answer

"if there is something bothering you... As a hyung, i will help you." Sunggyu suddenly speaks

"no need hyung.. I can do it on my own." myungsoo again said. "..afterall, it was always me who cleans my own mess after eomma died, right?" he added

Sunggyu was quite shocked of what he heard..

"did you do something risky, myungsoo?!" Sunggyu said

"ani.. im just saying how it is.. Dont worry.  Im not stupid.. Well not in front of our father" myungsoo answered as he place the glass of milk on the table .

"you still holding grudges to our dad?" sunggyu asked him

"i dont know. I dont know exactly what im feeling though"

"dad was also depressed of what happen to our mom. But it doesnt mean that he's blaming you.."

"stop sugarcoating our dad hyung. It's irritating. It's obvious that he's blaming me.. Look what he's doing! He doesn't consider me as part of this family anymore! Tch" he suddenly hit the corner of the table with his hands

"myungsoo.."

"just stop it hyung. I dont want to talk about it. " this time myungsoo look at his hyung with a deadly glare and that moment Sunggyu was taken aback. 

Myungsoo was on his 2nd yr highschool when they got involved in a car accident. It was his mom who fetched him from school that time. The driver of cargo truck who hit their car flee the scene and nowhere to be found up to this date. During investigation, police asked Myungsoo, the survivor between the two victims and also considered a witness, what happened before the accident but he keep his mouth shut and cried instead. Because of lack of evidences and such, the case was closed by declaring the situation as an accident. Since then, Myungsoo wasn't able to live normally like before. He was now closed to the world and often wants to be isolated to the crowd though the crowd loves him because of his good looks, and his dad started to grow cold with him and didn't talk to him anymore

"i'll never stop until you say everything to me.." Sunggyu said looking at him sternly

"then fine. You'll get bored though"

"you're hiding something right? And you asked sungyeol to hide it as well" Sunggyu said

"what does Sungyeol have to do with this?!" myungsoo's face was evidently shocked as if he was not believing his ears

"huh? He was following you awhile ago but when i asked him, he's not telling anything" Sunggyu told him innocently. 

Both are curious but in different ways. Sunggyu is concerned what exactly does myungsoo hiding and why did sungyeol didn't tell him if he knows something while myungsoo is concerned why did sungyeol followed him and the worst, if he heard the phonecall. 

"mianhe hyung, i'll go back to my room now..." 

"myung.. Wa..wait!" 

Myungsoo ran upstairs and look for his phone. He scanned his contacts and find Sungyeol's. He sent him a message

'youre sleeping?'

 after a few minutes of not getting a reply, he again texted him

'i need to talk to you, tomorrow morning. 9am, school's rooftop. Be there or i'll force you to come '

He was mad that Sungyeol followed him that time. Not because he didn't want to. Actually he was somehow relieved that Sungyeol was concerned at him but it was really a bad timing. 

'did he hear all of those earlier?' he asked himself

'i dont want him to get dragged in this stupid nonsense. Dang it.' he added

'but what if he really heard something? What should i do now? I'll never know when will Yeollie keep his mouth shut.. But.. I want to trust him also.. Ugh! Seriously!'

Myungsoo spend his night thinking of ways how he will make a move for the things that will possibly happen in the future...

'i have to be prepared if one day my predictions came true.. But i need some things that will support my theory too.. Maybe i really need now a helping hand... But who? Sunggyu hyung cant possibly be with this. He's an honest man.. My plans will be faltered if i tell this all to him. Wait... Maybe.. That guy is capable.. I can say, he's pretty smart too.. I'll talk to him about this..' Myungsoo muttered to himself

-------------------------------------------------

Sunggyu went back to his room and grab a book. He wants to divert his thinking from Myungsoo and stuffs but it really does makes him worried. 

'i'll call woohyun' he pick up his phone and starts dialling woohyun's number. After a few minutes, he answered

"oh, so fortunate that you are still awake at this time, hyunnie" Sunggyu spoke

"why sunggyu~ssi? What makes you call me at this time?" Woohyun answered sounding sleepily

"im sorry for disturbing you, but i need to asked you a favor. Youre the only one i can rely on this."

"gyu~ssi? What's happening? Is that something serious?" 

"i dont know. But i think it is. Hmmm please look up for Sungyeollie everyday. Observe if something was going on with him"

"wait.. Why? Is my friend in danger?

"no...no.. Lets not jump into conclusions.. I just need to know something.. I'll tell you the whole story tomorrow at school.."

" ah ne... Guess i'll talk with you later.." woohyun said 

"ne.  See you"

------------------------------------------------

"what is it myungsoo?" Sungyeol asked him a bit cautious

They were on the school's rooftop as what Myungsoo told him. Sungyeol held a bottle of juice he bought before going up there. 

He was quite nervous since he thinks that Myungsoo was going to discuss him something which is related yesterday. Even so, he still move forward to their meeting place.

"tell me, did you follow me yesterday?"

Sungyeol was right. It is all about the stuffs yesterday

"nope. Why would i?" he lied

"liar. Sunggyu hyung told me that he saw you."

'tch. I should not talk to his brother for a long time.' sungyeol thought

Sungyeol remained silent for a long time when Myungsoo again talk to him

"why you lied just now?" there's a hint of anger in his voice

"since when did my yeollie starts to lie?" myungsoo added

"stop it myungsoo.. I just wondered why you were walking in the rain that time so i followed you. That's all" Sungyeol said, surprisingly calm.

"oohh. You're now concerned to me?" Myungsoo giggled

'aish. Seriously this guy has a serious personality problem. He has the worst case of mood swings to be exact' sungyeol thought .

"So you heard it?" Myungsoo once again asked him. Seriously.

"the what?" Sungyeol tries to deny but his face and the way he speaks makes him so obvious.

"the phonecall"

Sungyeol looked down as he spoke

"i heard it. But not all.. Im being honest!"

"what exactly did you heard?"

"hmm. He's threatening you, and your hyung. Like he's going to do something.. Like that."

"nothing more?" myungsoo asked once again.

"nothing more." Sungyeol assured him.

"then fine.. S.."

"myung.." Sungyeol interrupted Myungsoo "...why is that guy..uhmmm.. threatening you and your hyung?"

"you dont need to know" Myungsoo answered directly

"but we're friends right?" 

Myungsoo looked at sungyeol and can see the sincerity in his eyes. It makes him feel so warm and calm. 
' defininitely, sungyeollie is a great sight.. Aissh.. This is making me crazy'

"i'm not going to tell you detail by detail. But there's this past that made my dad hate me.. I know something that happened that time but i made my decision to keep my mouth shut. I want to know the whole detail first so i focused myself on looking for some evidences that willl support my thoughts to make it all a fact rather than helping my dad in our business. Well he doesn't need me though, Sunggyu hyung will do that for him. In short, i will play around my target until i destroy him the way he did with someone special to me back then." Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol didn't expect that Myungsoo will tell him that. He quite understands now some things but still there were still questions left unanswered. 

"who's that special someone?" Sungyeol muttered quietly. Myungsoo chuckled

"is my favorite person in the world jealous of my special someone?" Myungsoo . 

"hey, what?! Im not!!"

"sure, sure.. Youre not.." Myungsoo  said sarcastically as he smiled. "...she's my mom" he added. The smile that once plastered in his face is fading slowly..

"ah.. Sorry.."

"no need. You're here though.. whatever happens.. You'll believe me, right? If everyone completety turns their back to me.. You will still be my ally, right?" Myungsoo said looking to the sky

"what do you mean?" Sungyeol asked him

"nothing.. But just as what you said, we're friends, right? Ani.. You already proclaimed that you're my friend.."

Sungyeol was now really confused as to where their conversation going

"i did say that.. w.." Sungyeol was not finished talking when Myungsoo speak again

"...You told me that you're my friend.. So i'll rely on you" 

"huh?" 

Myungsoo looked at him straight in the eyes.. "im currently the head director of our company's finance department... I'll ask you a favor.. Ani, i want you to...

work for me as my secretary" 

"WHAT?!"

 

  • maybe i can post the chap6 tomo maybe around this time as well. Im also writing new fanfic but i'll post it later after i completed this fic. I wish i'll be more motivated to write as days goes by...
  • that's all for today! I'll update soon.. Sooner.. Soonest. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 사랑한다!