Chapter 8

The One who Believed in me
  • omg im baaaaaacccck! I enjoyed my vacation so much eventhough its quite short. Im now updating :) here it is 

It was already 1 am and Sungyeol cant sleep. He tried rolling many times on his bed trying to find a comfortable position but still, he's unable to find a perfect place for his slumber. 

"aisssshhh. This is crazy" he muttered as he got up on his bed and walk towards his study table which happens to be just right beside his bed. He opened his laptop hoping to find some interesting things which can occupy some portions of his mind just to distract himself from overthinking too much.


Sungyeol somehow enjoyed scrolling through some of articles he found on some search engines when his phone rang

'hey, you awake?'

The message was from myungsoo. Sungyeol took some time to reply since he wished to have some peace of mind to enable him to sleep well this night because he knows talking to myungsoo is a very complex thing and will just leave him confused. However he also thinks that maybe myungsoo felt the same way cause why the hell is he awake at this time knowing that they have a very early sched the next day?!

'yes. Sort of' sungyeol replied

'thought so..'

'why you're still awake?' sungyeol asked as he shutdown his laptop and starts to crawl into his bed again making himself comfortable under the sheets while holding his phone

'well.. I kinda want to ask you if you're really doing this..'

'what?'

'if you are really trying to help me...you know..we will never know what will happen'

Sungyeol raised his eyebrows. 

'no one knows what will happen in the future myungsoo.. No one knows'

'i know.. We will never know the casualties that will happen once i finally make a move... There's no assurance really.. I mean.. It's okay if its only me...but i dont know...'

'you trying to ask me to back out? Or youre trying to change my mind?'

'maybe.. I will find a replacement.. I dont want you to get hurt if things went unhandled properly...'

'im sure that im already aware of that when i agreed to team up with you'

'i know.. but what if something unexpected happens? I dont know.. My priorities may change as how the situations will go... Im afraid that everything went downhill and i will not be able to protect hyung, some of the people i know and got involved here and specially, you...'

'you dont need to think about us. We already knew that some things will never be the same as what you plan and foreseen. Focus on what you tend to do. Just on it. We will be fine ourselves'

'i dont know what to do anymore to be honest...'

'we are helping you not because you need it. We are helping you cause we want to. All of us were on your back myung.. All you need is lead the way. We will push you to get through it. You dont need to look us at the back.'

There was a long minute of silence. Myungsoo didn't reply to his last message and Sungyeol isn't surprised. It's already 2am and he thinks that the former is already asleep. 

'maybe i should try to sleep too. I wish i could' sungyeol said to himself.

He was already in the daze of dreamland when suddenly his phone ring again. Sungyeol checked his phone and he saw Myungsoo's name again but he was calling him at this time

" hello?"

"yeollie.. Thank you"

"you called just to say that?"

"i just need to say it personally, okay?"

"then you're welcome.."

It was dead silent again when Myungsoo spoke

"remember to just listen to me okay?"

"ne,ne.. You dont need to remind me "

"okay... Uhmmm.. Since we both cant sleep... Why cant we just sleep together?"

"what do you mean?"

" dont hang up your phone.. Let's just talk non stop until we're both sleepy"

"i dont think that's a good idea"

"i think it is"

"ugh, seriously myungsoo?"

"im serious... So let's start... Hmmmm. Why unicorns aren't real?"

"aisssh.. You're impossible"
.
.
.

The two continued to talk some nonsense things until both of them exchanged snores through their phone

-------------------------------------------------

"Goodmorning Sir Kim Sunggyu" greeted by some employees, Sunggyu made his way inside their company. 

He entered his office and starts diving in to some papers he needs to approve and signed. He let out a tired sigh as he handed his pen. Obviously, being an acting president of his company eventhough he is still a student is such a heavy burden for him, physically, emotionally and mentally. To be honest, he must be thankful that their family has a high hopes for him however he felt the exact opposite. Sunggyu never enjoyed his life. He wasn't able to play even he was just a child. There were some things that he really want to do but he cant just because. Sometimes he wishes that if happens to be reborn again, he doesn't want be born again as the Kim Sunggyu that he was already. He wants to be free from all of these. However who doesn't want to be a president of a well known company,right? But that's not the case here. CEO Kim, their father almost give Sunggyu all of the company's responsiblities to him. He even thinks that his father just slacking off these days but Sunggyu doesn't have the heart to complain. Not because he was afraid of his father but because he wants to handle the company well so that he can make it a friendly place for Myungsoo, his younger brother.

Everything that Sunggyu tend to do, he makes sure that it will be also beneficial to his brother.

He was scanning through some papers when someone knocked his office' doors.

"come in"

Taemin, his secretary entered and handled him a memo.

"Sir, Head Director Kim Myungsoo wants to give this to you"

Sunggyu reached it as Taemin excused himself and went outside his office

He opened the memo and then got reminded that this day will be the day Sungyeol will work in his company. 

"i should greet him personally" he muttered. 

He walked towards the door and made his way to the company's entrance to welcome Sungyeol. 

Sunggyu doesn't have any problem with Sungyeol being Myungsoo's secretary. He knows that the latter was really into Sungyeol and him being in the company will make things lighter for his brother. Sunggyu smiled thinking how Myungsoo would always stare and even talk about how amazing Sungyeol is with an evident adoration in his face. He's sure that Sungyeol has a huge impact on Myungsoo. Not to say that Sungyeol is really smart and reliable. 

He was already at the office main entrance and just in time because he saw Sungyeol was now walking inside the company. Sungyeol noticed and greet him

"Good morning Sunggyu~ssi"

"Woah. I thought you'll also address me as President Kim" Sunggyu smiled

"maybe later. I dont want some employees to think that i look down on their president" Sungyeol answered, smiling too

"Sure, but were friends actually, you dont need to pay respect to me everytime"

"ne, maybe outside this company" 

They both laughed and Sunggyu lead the way inside as Sungyeol followed him

"You're not with Myungsoo?" Sunggyu asked

"Ani. He insists to drive me here but there's no way a new employee would agree to that. If that happens, everyone here will think that i am getting a special treatment from him. It'll be bad for Myungsoo, right?" Sungyeol said

Sunggyu flashed a thoughtful smile

"its nice that you're concerned with him." 

"he annoys me a lot... but he cares for me as well.. so...yea" Sungyeol muttered

Sunggyu turned and faced Sungyeol

"i see. It also looks like Myung trusts you so much.."

"i think so..."

"so yea.. Im going to trust you too.."

Sungyeol raised his eyebrows

"umm about what?"

"im going to trust you from everything about him" Sunggyu said looking straight into Sungyeol's eyes

"funny" Sungyeol let out a smirk

"why?"

"Myung also depends on you Sunggyu~ssi.. Sure, he relies some things on me.. But it is you, who he trusts the most.. Your brother was just an idiot, he never know how he will express it to you." Sungyeol laughed

"really?" Sunggyu smiled. He was happy to hear those words. 

"yes. Just like you... He is playing safe about anything and tries to do things that will never be a burden to you" Sungyeol said matter of factly

"just like me..." Sunggyu muttered silently but Sungyeol heard it

"ne.. You two are adorable...but pabo at the same time" 

"ya! you are talking ro the president of the company!" Sunggyu laughed

"mianhaeyo.. But only Myungsoo has the power to fire me" Sungyeol laughed as well

They both continue to walk around the company and didn't noticed the glare that is shooting daggers to the backs of their head

-------------------------------------------------

Woohyun was already inside their classroom and he noticed that Myungsoo is absent. Now that he think about it, Sungyeol and Sunggyu weren't present as well. Woohyun massaged his aching head and lean on his seat looking straight to the board

"Sungyeol probably in the office now." he muttered

"Myungsoo and Sunggyu were also there. Maybe giving their new employee some welcome ceremony" he added

He was busy thinking when Sungjong came to their classroom. The latter walks toward Woohyun's seat and sat beside him

"what makes you come here? Dont you have class now? " Woohyun asked him

"i have. But it still early, right?" Sungjong answered

"it is" 

"..you knew that Sungyeollie hyung will now work there, ne?"

"i knew"

"you didn't try to convince him not to?"

"we all know Yeol well. Once he sets his mind on something, there's no way he gonna change it" Woohyun answered lazily

"ne. right... I tried to convince him to get a dorm with me last time..."

Woohyun looked at Sungjong "For what?" 

"someone told me that there are people who watches yeol closely...i didn't believed it at first because i dont find the reason valid but then.. yea... I literally saw someone and makes me think that i should make yeol hyung away from them. They know where he lived..."

"I see.. But he didn't agree witg you right? Afterall, yeollie likes his bed the best... Tch. You know what? I dont get it at all... Why they're after Sungyeol?"

"I have an idea in my mind.. But im not sure of it..."Sungjong said as he looked down

"i had an idea too.. But still, i can't believe it.. To think that they're after sungyeol just because that jerk myungsoo is clinging to him.." woohyun said silently but anger is obvious in his statement

"they think that sungyeol will become myungsoo's right hand and because the latter is hard to read, those people decided to just spy on yeol hyung" Sungjong answered

"they're not wrong...tch.. I should'nt worry because they have no reason to hurt him or what... But still, i cant force my mind to think calmly.." 

"woohyunnie hyung... You are wrong... They are wrong for looking at Yeol hyung like he was some easy guy to tame..."

Woohyun looked at Sungjong, confused

"what do you mean?"

Sungjong raised his hands towards the back of his head. 

"you see, i've been with him since childhood because were cousins and were actually close. I've seen him get mad, sad and all.. Yeollie hyung is strong.. maybe not physically but emotionally and mentally... I get it that you worry. I am feeling the same too. But Yeollie hyung has the ability to change every situation the way he want it to be once he decides that he will do. You've seen it many times too... Right?"

"i know.."

"right! That's why we just need to believe in him.. Yeollie will not like it if we worry about him that much. That hyung is so stubborn." sungjong chuckled

"right" Woohyun said as he smiled

-------------------------------------------------

It was lunchtime when Dongwoo made his way to their college department's library while making a phone call to someone

"hello?" Dongwoo started as he sat to one of the available seats

"dongwoo?"

"ne.. This is me.."

"you changed your number?"

"aniyo. I just use this one for some purposes"  dongwoo said as he lowered the tone of his voice

"ah.. Arasso.. You called maybe to ask me what is happening here in the office, right?"

Dongwoo covered his mouth with his free hand as to prevent other people that might be eavesdropping to hear them

"ne.. What's the situation there? How Sungyeol's doing?"

"Everything seems normal. Everyone loved that Sungyeol guy immediately. He seems nice"

"i see..then maybe i should hung up now.. Thanks, Key.."

"you're welcome..."

Dongwoo stood up and went outside the library and walk towards the canteen. When he was already near, he glanced to his side and saw Howon walking obviously timid and aiming at the campus garden. He wants to go there as he could but lunch time was nearly over and he haven't eaten anything yet so he just walk straight to school's cafeteria

On the other hand, Howon looked at his phone waiting for someone to call him. When he had enough, he already initiate the call..

"Secretary Ahn.." Howon said to the guy over phone

"Why did you call me? I told you to wait for me to call you, right?" Secretary Ahn, the guy over the phone said, irritated at Howon's lack of patience

"i know.. But you are taking your time too much...so tell me, what shall i do next?" Howon said 

"let's meet somewhere. I cant afford telling some things to you over phone. Same place. Same time" Secretary Ahn said as he hung up

Howon put down his phone and placed it on his pocket as he went back to his classroom

'im going crazy. I shouldn't agree with him in the first place' Howon thought

After few minutes, Howon was already inside his classroom and went straight to his seat. Sungjong, who was his seatmate looked at him with an amused smirk in his face

"you looked disappointed Howonnie"

"stop it. Im not in the mood" Howon answered as he place his hands on his face

"you dont need to tell me. Its obvious" Sungjong said as he played with his pen

"i know"

"can i ask you a question?" sungjong looked at him again

"should i say no?"

"i wont take no as an answer"

"then just blurt it out"

"what is your relationship with the Kim's?"

Howon looked at him as well, shocked and puzzled

"i have no connections with them..."

"then why you're involved here?"

"in what?"

"stop lying howon please.." Sungjong rolled his eyes. "you know what i am talking about" he added

Howon looked straight to the whiteboard  as he spoke

"what do you think so?... What do you think the reason why i am involved in this?"

"you wanna hear my opinion?"

"probably"

"to be honest i dont have any idea at all" 

"im here because i am helping someone.. And you? Why you suddenly got involved here as well?"

Sungjong flashed an amused smile

"cause i am helping someone as well"
------------------------------------------------

Its been a long day for Sungyeol and finally its time to go home. His classmates texted him their assignments and even lend him some of their notes. 

"whoa. You are surprisingly friendly with that attitude" Myungsoo

"excuse me, but im only feisty with you" 

Myungsoo cooed and cling to Sungyeol "Well, you can change your attitude to me anytime"

"i dont think so.. You never stop annoying me"

"but youre also like that when im being sweet to you"

"that's because it annoys me!" 

Myungsoo laughed. "aigoo i should be sad because you just told me that i annoy you but you're adorable with that face so i'll just forget it"

"your head's not working well"

"its because you keep on staying there"

"that's cheesy.."

"you like it?"

"no"
.
.
.
.
Hours passed and Myungsoo dropped Sungyeol to their coffeeshop. 

Sungyeol was convinced by Myungsoo's persistence to drive him back home. They let everyone to go home first to avoid sparking up issues

"you should get a cup of hot cappuccino first. It's cold outside" Sungyeol said as he unbuckle his seatbelt

"sure. since you asked nicely" Myungsoo answered winking at him

Sungyeol smiled and deep down he's glad to see this lively side of Myungsoo. 

They both entered the coffeeshop and greet Sungyeol's father.

"Pa, remember him? He's been here for multiple times already. He's my boss as well"

Myungsoo bowed his head 

"ne, you can say that im one of your regular customers"

Sungyeol's father smiled "i know. I remember all Sungyeol's friends"

They both having a great time when someone served them the coffee

Myungsoo looked at him as if he was someone familiar.

"ah! I forgot! This is our new intern here in the cafe.. His name is Choi Minho" Sungyeol said enthusiastically when he noticed Myungsoo looking at the guy

"wh...c..choi minho?" Myungsoo asked

"good evening sir. Im Choi Minho.."

"He's a good guy as well. He's a working student. He works here to support his studies" Sungyeol added

Minho smiled shyly "im glad that all of you here in the cafe, specially your father treat me well" he said

Myungsoo smiled.

'i spend time thinking where i will find him but now, he's already in front of me.. what a luck i have...' myungsoo thought

"Can i ask you something?" Myungsoo said 

"Sure thing sir" Minho answered

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo, quite confused

"hmmm.. Why you only support yourself? Where are your parents?"

Minho was taken aback.. A bit unsure what to answer. However, since he was respectful and there's nothing to dwell on something, he answered honestly

"they both died sir" 

Sungyeol looked at him and felt sorry for Minho. He didn't know that this well mannered guy had a painful experience. He looked to Myungsoo and was confused because he saw his face looking resolved and calm.

'what is this guy thinking?' Sungyeol thought.

"I'll excuse myself now. I need to go back to work. Yeollie's father may think that im abusing my freetime. Thank you for accommodating me" Minho said and bowed to the two as he move back to the counter

"ya.. Why you look at him like that?" Sungyeol ask Myungsoo

"You're jealous?"

"No im not. Im just wondering. That's all"

"Fine.. If you say so.. Im going to tell you but not here. Maybe tomorrow at school"

"okay"

"what's with the short answer? You mad?"

"mad?!"

"you really got jealous, i see.."

"stop overthinking. Im not jealous. Where is the jealousy in my question a while ago?!"

"in your face. The jealousy's over your face" Myungsoo laughed

"not funny"

"you are"

"childish"

"im childish... But still, you're jealous."

"o my god stop it"

Myungsoo continued to laugh amazed by Sungyeol's irritated face. 
.
.
.
It was already 11 pm and Myungsoo is in his room now. Scanning to some papers he kept somewhere on his closet. 

'i will surely make it...' he smiled 

Sunggyu knocked on his door and went inside. Myungsoo welcomed him and ask what is the matter

"i just want to check you.. You seemed happy" Sunggyu said

"Yes i am, hyung"

"Is that because Sungyeol is now working with you?"

Myungsoo chuckled

"you think its amazing hyung? Just a mention of his name and im already giggling. I cant help it"

Sunggyu smiled "im amazed too"

"he seemed to be my lucky charm, hyung" Myungsoo said, still smiling

"waeyo?"

"everything seems easy and smooth flowing when im with him. I even got to finally find the person im looking for so long" 

"really?" Sunggyu looked puzzled

"ne"

"May i know who is this person?"

"Minho. Choi Minho"

"he sounds familiar..."

"he is. His family's tragedy became a huge news way back then"

"why you're looking for him?" sunggyu asked

Myungsoo looked at his hyung and smiled.

"he can help us..." 

 

  • i added some shinee members cause im a shinfinite before lol. I loved their interactions ㅠㅠ i always do. Anw, i am a very detail oriented person so expect a slow flow of the story. I dont want it to be confusing or such as much as possible. 
  • i cant promise that i'll update tomorrow but i'll make it quick. I'll definitely update soon. :)