Chapter 8

My Amnesia Chae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CL POV

They always say that the bride is the most beautiful woman on her wedding day. I can prove that is true. Bom unnie is glowing, she’s beyond beautiful. What a bride could ever hope to look on her wedding day.

 

“You may now kiss the bride...” As the officiating priest made it official. I watch them make their first kiss as a newly wedded couple with the cheering crowd as the background.

 

I can’t help to feel envious and i know exactly why. I can’t fool myself. I saw myself in Bom unnie’s place. What if Dara never ran away? What if we’ve gone to this wedding as a married couple? Then we’ll give advice to Bom unnie and TOP oppa of Do’s and dont’s in marriage or we’ll hang out together and tease the ones who’s still not married. I hid a small smile on that thought. Oh what a wonderful scene that would be. 

 

I hate this feeling that starts to bubble within me, the only emotion I should feel today is to be happy for Bom and Top. And i really am. I just hate that this wedding alone triggered so many past issues that i really wanted to forget.

 

As i argue with myself in my mind, I caught a glimpse of Dara in the corner of my eye. I turn my head completely at her while she wipe her eyes from crying.

 

How come she cry like that in this wedding? When all i saw in her eyes during our own is regret before running away. Suddenly all the hurt and hatred came to me at one go. It all well up in my chest. I can’t stand to be with her right now. I have to get out of here.

 

I walk casually pass the crowd so as to not draw unnecessary attention. I don’t want to ruin the special day of two of the most closest friends i have.

 

I took a breath of fresh air once i reached the outside. I look up and observe the sky, it has an awful gray color that threatens to pour any second.

 

“Chaerin!!!” I heard the annoying voice calling out to me.

 

, i don’t need this right now. I resume walking and quickened my phase to get away from her but in a matter of seconds i felt her tiny hands grip my arm and turn me to face her while the rain starts to pour.

 

“Chaerin... You’ll catch a cold if you stay too long under the rain....” She told me as if i don’t know. The sudden rush of anger made me yank my arm from her grip.

 

“Hey!!!” I heard her yell but i was busy getting away from her while praying she’ll leave me alone. I found shelter on a shed nearby. I am ing drenched and it added to my piling emotions. Of all the time that it had to rain, why now?

 

Dara offered her coat but i shrug it away irritably and turn my back from her.

 

“Chae? Are you ok?” She inquired. Because of my boiling anger being held back, my voice sounded sarcastic.

 

“Ofcourse, i’m ok, why would i not be?” Still not looking at her.

 

“I mean are we ok? Did i do something wrong?” That seem to touch my nerve. How dare she ask me that? Did she do something wrong? The corner of my eye twitch.

 

It’s so hard to put up my act while keeping my anger at bay. But still i managed to keep myself from bursting while I turn myself to face her.

 

“Why do you think it has something to do with you, unnie?” She seem to realize where i get this from. Her face become rigid.

 

“I....” She began but i cut her off immediately.

 

“I don’t know why but i am allergic to weddings, i just tolerated this one because it is Bom unnie’s...” I turn my back from her again and hug myself, the rain gets heavier every minute. I watch the rain as it hit the pavement. Every drop felt like a needle, millions of needles, piercing my heart.

 

“Matt told me that i was supposed to get marry.... to a woman...”

 

“Chaerin... you knew?” She gasped.

 

But the truth is i never did forget. That i was just faking. Ofcourse she did not know that and i want to keep it that way.

 

“That i am biual? Yes.” I answered indirectly while turning to face her.

 

I heard nothing as i glare at her. She looks stunned not even wanting to move from her current position.

 

“Growing up, my father always told me that when it comes to love, everyone deserves to love and be loved. Regardless of their status or gender.”

 

It’s a rule in our house when I was young. My parents taught us to treat every body equally. When the time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter