Chapter Nine

He Wouldn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was beyond embarrassed. He’d stormed out of the dorm like some moody teenager and now he was sobbing his heart out and clinging to Yoongi like a child. What was wrong with him? He desperately wanted the tears to stop but they just kept coming. Taking a shuddering breath, he sat back a little and rubbed at his eyes with the heel of his hand. He needed to get a grip, pull himself together. He was pregnant and that was his own fault, no one else’s. Well it was partly down to someone else, but he didn’t want to think about that yet. He still hadn’t gotten his head around it himself but there were so many people he was going to have to tell. It wasn’t just the baby’s father he had to worry about, there was his family to think about too. And the fans, the company, the rest of BTS. It was making his head spin. “Maybe the test was wrong.” he mumbled but the words lacked conviction. How could he have been so stupid? Food intolerances… no wonder Jin had looked at him like he was crazy when he’d said that was what was wrong with him. It had been morning sickness, of course it had. Why he hadn’t he realised that?

“I don’t think they’re wrong very often.” Yoongi said, his tone apologetic.

“I know.” Jungkook sniffed. “I know that. I just… it’s just…  I’m pregnant. And I’m… and I don’t… but I can’t….” He couldn’t string a coherent sentence together, that’s what he couldn’t do he thought, getting more and more frustrated at himself.

Thankfully Yoongi didn’t push him, he just waited patiently for him to find the right words.

“I… I’m going to have a baby.” Jungkook said at last, his hand unconsciously going to rest on his stomach. When he looked down and realised what he was doing he found himself gripping his sweatshirt, his face paling. “There’s a baby in there.” He breathed. The biggest thing he’d had to worry about so far today had been the possibility of Jimin noticing he’d been helping himself to crackers from his room and finding a new hiding place for his never ending supply of snacks (crackers and rice were about all he could manage to keep down lately but hey, at least he now knew why) and now there was a tiny human being growing inside him. A tiny human being that he was responsible for. He was going to be responsible for them from now until forever he realised, his stomach somersaulting. He was going to be a parent. “I think I’m going to throw up.” He mumbled.

“If you could try not to I’d appreciate it.” Yoongi told him, wrinkling his nose and inching away from him slightly.

He looked utterly disgusted. It was cute and it was enough to bring a smile to Jungkook’s face. “Sorry.” He said sheepishly.

“If you’re feeling sick we should probably get you home.” Yoongi said, still looking vaguely revolted by the notion.

“I’ll get over it.” Jungkook assured him. He still felt a little nauseous but he could tell it was down to anxiousness more than anything else. And the more he thought about the reason behind that anxiousness the more he wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. Again. But he wasn’t going to. He’d gotten himself into the mess he was in and crying about it wasn’t going to change anything.

“We should get you home anyway.” Yoongi told him. “It’s freezing out here.”

And it was then that Jungkook remembered that it was early March and it was cold. And Yoongi was sitting there in a long-sleeved t-shirt because he’d given him his jacket. “Sorry Hyung.” He said, ready to give it back but Yoongi realised what he was ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter