Chapter Twenty Three

He Wouldn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin had known that the meeting with management wasn’t going to be pretty, not only was Jungkook’s pregnancy all over the news but he’d told them who the father of the baby was too. And they were not happy about it. It meant the statement about Jungkook’s pregnancy that they’d already so carefully drafted in preparation for telling the public would now need to be discarded. It was no longer relevant. It was no longer good enough. It meant starting all over again as they would now need to include an apology and work mention of Taehyung in there too. And they had very little time to do it in. The phone was ringing off the hook the staff’s inboxes were filling up with demands for more information. And not only that but since he was the one in the picture Jin was also in the spotlight too. He’d had phone call after phone call, text after text, from friends and family wanting to know what was going on. Being under strict instructions not to say a word he’d switched his phone off in the end.

So yes, management were far from thrilled. And to be honest Jin wasn’t too pleased either. Mostly because of his starring role in the news article but also partly because Yoongi had been right and while he hadn’t yet said ‘I told you so’ Jin hated the fact that he could say it if he wanted to. Jungkook had known who the father of his baby was all along and had been deliberately keeping it from him. Feeling slightly hurt by it he’d gone into the meeting with a frown thinking a telling off would do Jungkook good.

He’d come out of the meeting feeling extremely sorry for him.

He’d never been in a room filled with so much tension and it had been horrible. Ten minutes into the meeting and he’d been itching to get out of there and it must have been ten times worse for Jungkook. Management were angry and that was understandable, the situation as a whole was one big mess but that didn’t make it any easier to take.  There had been looks of disappointment and very little patience shown. There had been things said that while true had made Jungkook visibly wince. Words that Jungkook had taken with a nod and no argument.

Hoseok had piped up once, in his defence and had been immediately shot down. As such he’d sat there, visibly seething for the rest of the meeting.

Namjoon had been in the firing line too. His job was to keep an eye on them he was reminded. And while the words ‘how could you let this happen?’ hadn’t been said they’d been implied. He’d taken it on the chin, he hadn’t argued back, but he’d looked so sad about it. Jin had wanted to tell everyone to back off and that it wasn’t their leader’s fault. No one else had guessed Jungkook and Taehyung had been up to something they shouldn’t have been, had they? So how could Namjoon have been expected to know? But he’d known if he’d said anything the same thing would happen to him as had happened to Hoseok and he’d rather not be scolded like a child so he'd kept quiet.

And it seemed Yoongi was thinking the same thing. Jin could tell by the look on his face that he’d wanted to say something. And once or twice he’d caught him opening his mouth as if he was about to. But he hadn’t. He’d held his tongue and listened, a frown on his face.

And their youngest three… well both Jungkook and Taehyung had been on the brink of tears the whole meeting. Neither of them had actually broken down but there had been points where it had looked like they’d been about to. And Jimin had looked like he was in some kind of clinical shock. He’d sat there quietly between an angry Hoseok and a tearful looking Taehyung, face pale and eyes downcast. Every so often he’d shake his head slightly as if he couldn’t quite believe what he was hearing. And Jin didn’t blame him. He couldn’t quite believe it either.

So yes, when the meeting was over, he’d been out of there in a flash. It ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter