Chapter Twenty Five

He Wouldn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin really hadn’t wanted to leave that morning. He hated visiting the dentist, even if it was just for a check-up. He’d never had many problems with his teeth but there was always that fear there that the dentist might disagree and tell him he needed fillings or a tooth removed and he was not a big fan of needles. Just the thought of someone injecting anaesthetic into his gums was enough to make him sweat. He’d told Yoongi the night before how much he was dreading it but he hadn’t had a lot of sympathy. In fact he’d seemed to find it vaguely amusing.

But his fear of possible tooth extraction wasn’t the only reason he’d been reluctant to walk out the door. There was also Jungkook.

When Jin had walked into the living that morning, just after seven he’d been met by the sight of their maknae curled up in the corner of the couch, blanket wrapped around him, looking thoroughly miserable. He hadn’t been able to sleep Jungkook had explained when he’d asked him if he was okay. He wasn’t sure why but he’d kept waking up in the night and when he’d look at the clock he’d realise hardly any time had passed at all. And just when he’d thought he was tired enough to get some real sleep he’d been hit with the urge to throw up. He’d only been sick once but he’d felt like he still needed to throw up ever since so he’d spent the last hour and a half trying to nap on the couch so he’d be closer to the bathroom if his stomach did decide to betray him again.

He’d looked so pale and so tired and he hadn’t touched the tea or the toast that Jin had brought him in hopes of settling his stomach so when their manager had reminded him it was time to go to his appointment he’d been reluctant to go. And again it was Yoongi he’d complained to. This time Yoongi had been a little more sympathetic, not a lot more sympathetic because he’d only just woken up when Jin had gone to him to complain but hadn't blown up at him as he usually would, he’d simply sighed and listened so Jin was happy to call that a win. And he’d offered to keep an eye on Jungkook for him and nodded along to the list of things Jin informed him he needed to do in response. So feeling a little happier knowing that Yoongi was going to look after Jungkook since he couldn’t Jin had eventually let their manager drag him out the door.

And his appointment hadn’t really been that bad. The dentist had told him he was happy with his teeth and given them a thorough clean since he was there and that was it. So now he was on his way home and ready to check on Jungkook. He just hoped he was feeling better. He’d looked so down when he’d left.

 

------ ------

 

Jungkook was still on the couch Jin noted as he walked into the living room but he was dressed now and the blanket was gone. And he did look a lot better. The colour was back in his cheeks and he was smiling. That was good. What wasn’t so good was what he had in his hands.

“Hey,” Jin exclaimed, striding across the room to grab the phone from his hand, “who let you have this?”

“Hyung!” Jungkook whined, brow immediately furrowing in annoyance, “I was reading that! And no one let me have it, I went and got it myself.”

“Well you shouldn’t have.” Jin told him, frowning right back at him. “There’s a reason we took it away from you.” Since Big Hit had released the statement about Jungkook’s pregnancy and the baby’s parentage they’d been trying to keep him away from the internet. He didn’t need to see the kind of negativity that people were sure to be posting about it.

“But it’s my phone.” Jungkook complained. “And I’m an adult. You can’t just confiscate my things.”

Jin was quick to correct him. “It’s not confiscating, it’s keeping it away from you until everything dies down. Now where’s Yoongi?” He’d told him to make sure Jungkook didn’t end up on the internet and the first sight to meet him when he got home was Jungkook with his phone in hand. What a fantastic job he’d done.

“He’s in the kitchen.” Jungkook told him, “but it’s not…”

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter