Minhyuk’s Birthday!!!

I Promise This Isn’t A Cult

(A/N): I just realized today was Minhyuk's (BtoB) birthday! (Also I missed Minhyuk's (Mx) Birthday...Oops.) So here's a kinda birthday fic? 

Rocky honestly didn’t know what to expect when Minhyuk (Mx) knocked on his door at the crack of dawn. Nothing was awake when they walked down the empty street. Rocky felt dead on the inside but Minhyuk’s energy was more contagious than the flu. Soon the younger boy found himself being pushed into a cozy diner and pulled into the booth by Minhyuk (M6). Minhyun sat across from Rocky and gave the sleepy dancer a gentle smile. “Good morning Rocky.”

“Good morning Hyung. Why are we here?” Minhyuk (M6) and Minhyun both shrugged and looked at Minhyuk (Mx), obviously waiting for an answer.

“Today is Minhyuk’s birthday!” Everyone blinked a few times before registering what he said.

“Oh ! Are we celebrating it? Should I get him a gift?” Minhyuk rambled,lightly rubbing his chin in thought.

“I thought we we’re going to celebrate it next week along with your birthday?” Rocky asked.

“Wellllll, we were buttttt most of s ended up being busy today so I thought we might as well celebrate it today… and celebrate mine next week.” Minhyuk whispered the last part. Minhyuk snorted and Rocky rolled his eyes.

“That means more cake.” Minhyun’s eyes twinkled. Everyone was laughing when all their phone’s pinged. Rocky didn’t even noticed he was added to a new group chat.

 

B-Bomb has added Rocky to Birthday Bash Committee

 

B-Bomb: We have Minhyuk hyung. Did you guys get Rocky?

Rocky: Good morning!

B-Bomb: Good morning Rocky.

Drummer Boy: Do you need us to bring anything other than Minhyuk?

Gentleman Prince: Some soda would be nice.

Pretty Senpai: What type of cake should we get?

B-Bomb: Strawberry shortcake?

Drummer Boy: That works.

Min-Woof: Alright! We’ll go shopping after we eat, make sure you keep Minhyuk distracted.

 

The waitress walked over to their table carrying plates of pancakes, she placed them in front of the men. With loud thank yous they all started to eat the delicious fluffy pancakes that melted in their mouths.

 

Min-Woof: Remind me to come here again. Those pancakes were so good.

Drummer Boy: Would you recommend?

Min-Woof: 10/10 would recommend to everyone.

B-Bomb: Next time than. Don’t forget to pick up some balloons.

Gentleman Prince: Are we decorating your apartment?

B-Bomb: Just a little bit. I don’t want to clean that much.

Rocky: Roger that captain.

Pretty Senpai: Do you have a list of what we should get?

Drummer Boy: Minhyuk should have it.

Min-Woof: I have it right here!

Min-Woof: Yah! Minhyun, no need to snatch it out of my hand.

Gentleman Prince: Last time you had the list it was sacrificed to the void not even 2 minutes after you had it.

Rocky: He has a point there hyung.

Min-Woof: Stop nodding your heads in agreement!

B-Bomb: We’ll meet you guys at my apartment around 6 pm. Is that enough time to get everything ready?

Pretty Senpai: That should be plenty of time.

 

Minhyuk (Mx) paid for the food and everyone walked towards the bus stop. It was a quick 15 minute bus ride to the store near B-Bomb’s apartment. Minhyun carefully ripped the list in half, giving the bottom half to Minhyuk (M6). Rocky followed Minhyuk (M6) around the store, judging different vegetables until he found the freshest ones.

“You’re pretty good at picking out the best.” Minhyuk said when Rocky placed the cabbage into the basket.

“I like cooking and after a while I realized that the ingredients can really change the taste of a meal depending on how ripe they are.” Rocky said as he followed Minhyuk to the bakery section. With a quick walk across the cake display they decided on a medium squared strawberry shortcake. Rocky picked out blue number candles (2&7) and a few star shaped candles. They met up with Minhyun and Minhyuk by the checkout lines. Minhyuk (Mx) showed them the ‘Happy 1st Birthday’ balloon and another balloon with a large 2 on it.

“They only had balloons for anniversaries and baby birthdays. We can write on them later.” Minhyun said while Minhyuk (Mx) continued to laugh. With hands filled full of bags the four of them walk to B-Bomb’s apartment under the chilly autumn sun. Minhyun starts to unpack the groceries while Minhyuk (M6) adds a ‘7’ to the 2 balloon and Rocky writes ‘with us’ on the ‘Happy 1st Birthday’ balloon. Minhyuk (Mx) was busy playing with Toseuteu to be of any help. Rocky was helping Minhyuk dice up the vegetables when his phone pinged. Putting the knife down Rocky fished out his phone from his pocket.

 

Meowbin: Where u at?

Rocky: I’m at a friend’s house… Did I forget to tell someone? Sorry!

Meowbin: It’s alright. We were just wondering where you went.

Rocky: oh okay.

Meowbin: Do u know when u will be home?

Rocky: Probably late but before 10. Don’t wait up, you need your rest.

Meowbin: Kay! Have fun with whatever you’re doing.

 

“Who was that?” Minhyun asked leaning against the younger Minhyuk.

“I forgot to tell my members I was leaving.” Before Minhyuk could reply the front door swung opened. Everyone froze as Samsoon barked loudly and ran to greet who ever it was.

“Hey there, pup.” The voice didn’t belong to B-Bomb, which means the others didn’t come home early but that brought the problem of being discovered by a Block B member. Everyone hid behind the island and hoped they wouldn’t be noticed. The person walked past the kitchen entrance into Minhyuk’s room. It felt like hours before the footsteps finally left the bedroom. The front door opened and closed again, Rocky let out the breath he was holding.

“That was a close one wasn’t it.” Minhyuk (Mx) said out loud as he furiously typed on his phone.

 

Me Myself & I: Someone came home just now! What happened to having the house all to ourselves?

Eyebrows: Technically, I said Kyung wouldn’t be home. I said nothing about Zico randomly appearing.

Me Myself & I: You couldn’t have warned us beforehand?

Eyebrows: The other members of Block B? Sure. Kyung and Zico? Nope, they come and go as they please.

Me Myself & I: Then how do you know Kyung won’t be stopping by the apartment? Or maybe Zico will come back.

Eyebrows: They may claim to be free-spirited people but they’re still creatures of habit. I can usually tell if they won't be coming back based on little things and ticks they do. Zico probably stopped by to steal some clothes. Which means he’ll be clingy for a few day then we’ll do the do then he’ll go back to living in the studio.

Me Myself & I: Wow… That’s hardcore……. Hyung, you’re really good at reading people. Also tmi.

Eyebrows: observations skills makes dealing with people a lot easier. Plus it does wonders for relationships.

Me Myself & I: How can it help relationships?

Eyebrows: That is one long list you’re going to have to find out for yourself. Maybe start by observing the other members of Monsta x and how they react to you. *Hint Hint* *wink wink* *For the love of god if you don’t get your head out of your Minhyuk and I will snatch all your potential lovers.*

Me Myself & I: You got kind of aggressive there.

Eyebrows: Sometimes you have to be aggressive to get people to understand.

Me Myself & I: .

 

Minhyuk (Mx) placed his phone down, ignoring the grumpy texts from eyebrows B-Bomb. Minhyun noticed the older man looking around lost and put him on stirring duty. Rocky was carefully cooking the meat and Minhyuk (M6) was writing on the cake, which read, ‘Happy birthday! You’re one year closer to retirement! We love you!’ They shared a laugh at the expense of their oldest hyung. Minhyun sends a quick text to B-Bomb and Minhyuk (CNB) telling them they should start heading over. The food was dished and placed on the living room table. They turned off the lights and hid behind various furniture. The door soon opened and the lights flashed on. Minhyuk (BtoB) jumped back when the three Minhyuks and Minhyun yelled at him. Minhyuk (CNB) pushed the shocked man into the living room so he and B-Bomb could come inside. Everyone sat around the table, eating and sharing random events that happened recently. When the cake came out Minhyuk (BtoB) was about to complain about the ‘old man’ joke after he made a wish but before he could get a single word out his face was covered in said cake. B-Bomb was the only one able to escape the cakepocalypse unfrosted. The ruined cake was cleaned up off the floor and the dishes were in the sink to soak. The party came to a close when eyes started to droop and yawns came more frequent. Rocky waved good bye to B-Bombs car, slowly walking into the living room. To his surprise, everyone was still awake watching movies on the couch.

“Welcome home, Minhyuk! Do you want to watch movies with us?” Minhyuk honestly wanted to sleep but how could he ever pass up watching movies with his friends. He squished himself between Myungjun and Eunwoo, falling asleep within minutes.

(A/N): If you couldn't tell Meowbin is Moonbin.
I felt bad for taking so long to update so I decided to spoil everyone with a few chapters. The next one should be up on Saturday or Sunday.
Thank you to everyone who has taken time out of their day to read this story.