Dance Battle of the Century

I Promise This Isn’t A Cult

It was one of Astro’s rare days off and everyone was enjoying doing nothing. Minhyuk was sleeping in but the constant buzzing from his phone woke him up. Minhyuk made the mistake of looking at his phone right when he opened his eyes. He blinked until the blindness went away but it still took a few minutes for his eyes to adjust to the bright screen.

 

Min-Woof: Rocky-ah, today’s your day off right? (? ゚Д゚)

Min-Woof: We’re going to steal Minhyun from Wanna One. (✿´ ꒳ ` )

Red Minhyuk: It’s basically mission impossible but someone has to try.

Pretty Senpai: I thank you all for your effort.

Gentleman Prince: I was given money to buy snacks for my members. Is that cool?

B-Bomb: We can get it before we go home, I need to do some grocery shopping.

Drummer Minhyuk: Did your members visit?

B-Bomb: You know it. I think Yukwon is a bottomless pit.

Drummer Minhyuk: Jonghyun is the same way.

Min-Woof: I think Rocky is still sleeping. δ(´д`; )

Gentleman Prince: I wouldn’t be surprised. Sleeping in is the best.

Pretty Senpai: I wouldn’t mind sleeping the day away.

Red Minhyuk: Sounds nice. My children are to hyperactive for me to sleep in much.

B-Bomb: What about the hubby?

Red Minhyuk: What hubby? If I remember correctly I have 6 kids.

Drummer Minhyuk: Eunkwang is not even here and he’s getting roasted.

Red Minhyuk: Holy ! I think he knows.

Min-Woof: What? Σ(・Д・)!?

Red Minhyuk: I looked up from my phone and he was shaking his head like he was disappointed. I think he developed a sixth sense for us making fun of him.

Pretty Senpai: I don’t know if that’s funny or sad.

Gentleman Prince: Both?

Drummer Minhyuk: Both.

 

Minhyuk reached the last of the messages. Nothing had been said for a minute so now was a good time to finally make his presents known.

 

Rocky: Good morning hyungs. Sorry I just woke up.

Min-Woof: Good Morning sleepy head! (*^▽^)/

Pretty Senpai: Did you sleep well?

Gentleman Prince: Good morning starshine the world welcomes you.

Drummer Minhyuk: It’s actually the afternoon but good morning.

Gentleman Prince: B-Bomb says hi.

Red Minhyuk: Do you want to join up at the park? I’m bringing Hamo.

Rocky: Give me like 20 minutes.

Rocky: Also Hamo?

Min-Woof: Minhyuk-hyung’s puppy! I’m so jelly. 。゜(`Д´)゜。

Red Minhyuk: [Image]

Gentleman Prince: are those matching jackets? That’s adorable.

Rocky: What type of dog is that?

Red Minhyuk: Hamo is a maltese

 

Minhyuk left his room fully dressed, along with a mouth mask and a baseball cap. He was about to leave out the front door when Sanha stopped him “Where are you going?” He could see the other members looking at him as well.

“I’m going out with some friends. I’ll be back later.” Rocky felt a buzz in his pocket, it was probably B-Bomb informing him of their arrival.

“Okay, don’t stay out too late. Be safe.”  Jinwoo waved goodbye. Minhyuk said his goodbyes before bolting out the door towards B-Bomb’s car.

“I hope you didn’t wait long, my members wanted to know what I was doing.” Rocky said when he sat down in the back with Minhyuk (Mx).

“It’s cool, we didn’t wait that long.” B-Bomb started to pull out of the parking lot. “We’re going to pick up Minhyun then we’ll meet, Minhyuk and Minhyuk at the park.” Rocky nodded his head before pulling out his phone to see what the others were doing.

 

Pretty Senpai: I’m about to fight Daehwi.

Gentleman Prince: Kick his . I got your back.

Min-Woof: What he do? 「(゚<゚)゙??

Pretty Senpai: He’s too cute to be a real person.

Rocky: Is that a good reason to fight someone?

Red Minhyuk: It’s the best reason to fight someone.

Pretty Senpai: I bet he’s secretly an alien sent to take over the world.

Min-Woof: We gotta protect the world from this invasion. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و

Gentleman Prince: B-Bomb-hyung has a shovel in the trunk.

Red Minhyuk: Why?

Pretty Senpai: Why not?

Min-Woof: He’s got you there Hyung. ✧٩(•́⌄•́๑)

Drummer Minhyuk: We’re at the park.

Drummer Minhyuk: The shovel was from that time we had to bury a hit and run victim.

Min-Woof: WHAT! (*〇□〇)……!

Rocky: That makes sense.

Red Minhyuk: Is that why you guys were covered in dirt that one time.

Pretty Senpai: I felt so bad when we tracked dirt all over the apartment.

Min-Woof: When was this!? ∑(゚ロ゚〃)

Drummer Minhyuk: You remember that one day when it was raining and you were sick so you couldn’t come with us.

Min-Woof: Omg… I thought you guys were talking about a real person, not the plastic skeleton you ran over. (⁎˃ᆺ˂)

Rocky: I thought I was going to have to file a police report.

Pretty Senpai: Rocky is such a good boy. Everyone can learn a thing or two from him.

Rocky: Thanks Hyung.

 

Rocky jumped a little when Minhyun opened the back door. They shared a greeting and then they were driving again.

“When we get to the park we should get something to eat. You didn’t eat breakfast, right?” Minhyun directed the question to Rocky, who had a sudden realization and a grumbling tummy.  

“Isn’t there a breakfast place near the park with outdoor tables? We can do that.” Minhyuk (Mx) said with a bright smile. He was met with short answers of agreement and a message of approval from Minhyuk (BtoB). Rocky was confused when B-Bomb passed a bunch of empty parking spots to park next to a car in the middle of the empty parking lot. “This is Minhyuk’s car.” B-Bomb answered Rocky’s silent question as if he could read minds.

“Do you have superpowers?” Rocky looked at B-Bomb with wide eyes.

“Nah, you just looked really confused.” B-Bomb answered as he got out of the car. The four Minhyuks and Minhyun walk towards the restaurant, spotting the other two Minhyuks already sitting at a table. Minhyuk (Map6) talked to the waitress at the front and she lead them to the Minhyuk table. Minhyuk (Mx) ignored the waiting Minhyuks, going straight for Hamo, placing the tiny puppy in his lap.

“Nice to know you only love me for my dog.” Minhyuk (BtoB) ruffled Minhyuk’s (Mx) hair. Rocky sat down next to Minhyuk (Mx) to pet Hamo, who happily sniffed his hand. Small chat filled the air only stopping when the waitress came back to bring their drinks and get their orders. When the food came it was like watching animals eat on a nature documentary. Everything started off normal but then Minhyuk (BtoB) stole food off of Minhyuk’s (Mx) plate, somehow turning their peaceful meal into world war III. By the end of it Rocky had eaten more of everyone else’s food then his own. Minhyun and Minhyuk (BtoB) wiped down the table, refusing to leave a mess for the waitress to clean. They left the restaurant with full stomachs and an excited puppy that wasn’t Hamo. Minhyuk (Mx) ran to the park playground when they got close to it. Minhyuk (Map6) and Rocky chased after him, stealing the swings for themselves.

“Push me Hyung!” Minhyuk (Map6) yelled at the others. There was a quick rock paper scissors game and Minhyuk (CNB) was stuck pushing Minhyuk (Map6) on the swing. It must have been weird for anyone who passed by, seeing six grown men and a full grown teenager playing at an empty children's park with a tiny dog. Everyone was sitting down in a half circle taking deep breaths, taking a break from running around the park. Minhyuk (BtoB) was carefully pouring out water for Hamo to drink.

“You know, I think I brought this for no reason.” B-Bomb placed a wireless bluetooth speaker on the ground.

“Oh! Play my jam Hyung.” Minhyuk (CNB) stood up and rolled up his sleeves. B-Bomb snorted at him but played the song anyways. Rocky watched in awe as Minhyuk (CNB) danced. It was bad… Like really bad but there was an odd cute charm to it. Everyone laughed and joined in, now there were seven guys dancing in a park. The amount of odd looks they got increased but none of them cared. The song transitioned to another song that had a deep bass, and a loud drum beat. Everyone stopped to watch B-Bomb dance, something sparked in Rocky and he started to dance to. Soon it became a full on dance battle, Minhyuk (Mx) and Minhyuk (Map6) were shout casting, Minhyun and Minhyuk (CNB) were cheering, Minhyuk (BtoB) was the DJ, and Hamo was napping on top of a bench near by. The battle was fierce, neither side giving up, a small crowd started to form. Minhyuk (CNB) started to get nervous, with this many people there was a chance someone might recognize them. He was about to say something to the others but it seemed they all had the same idea, the moment someone pulled out their phone to record the dance battle, all the Minhyuks and Minhyun bolted from the park running to the other side of the grassy field. Minhyuk (Mx) was holding a very grumpy Hamo as they took the long way back to the cars.

“You danced well young padawan.” B-Bomb said as he slung his arm around Rocky’s shoulders, pulling him into a one arm hug.

“You’re such a dork for saying that hyung.” Minhyuk (Map6) stated.

“I’m certain in the eyes of our fans, we’re all dorks.” Minhyun replied nudging Minhyuk (Map6) with his elbow.

“Isn’t dork another name for a whale ?” Minhyuk (BtoB) asked out loud to no one in particular.

“Nope, someone just made that up.” Minhyuk (CNB) rolled his eyes at Minhyuk (BtoB) as he leaned against his car. Everyone stood around saying their goodbyes. Minhyuk (BtoB), Minhyuk (CNB), Minhyuk (Mx) and Hamo left in Minhyuk’s (CNB) car while B-Bomb, Minhyuk (Map6), Minhyun, and Rocky piled back into B-Bomb’s car. The drive home was filled with soft music and peaceful silence, after a day of playing, Rocky was ready to pass out.

“Goodbye Hyungs, Drive safe.” A soft jumble of farewells and good nights filled Rocky’s ears before he closed the car door. When he walked inside the dorm his nose was attacked by the heavenly scent of dinner, his stomach growled loudly.

“I assume you didn’t eat?” Moonbin asked, his head popping out of the kitchen. Minhyuk blushed slightly and nodded his head. Moonbin smiled softly, “That’s good… I mean it’s not good that you're hungry! But I’m glad you’ll be eating with us.” Moonbin blushed a little flustered.

“I understand Hyung. Is dinner ready?” Minhyuk chuckled, following Moonbin to the table where everyone else was sitting. Minhyuk listened to everyone talk about their day, slowly fading in and out of the conversations.

“Minhyuk-yah?” Myungjun gently poked his cheek.

“Huh?”

“How was your day? You seem tired.” Myungjun grinned at him.

“It was fun.” Minhyuk yawned. “I think I’m going to turn in early today.” s bid him goodnight and he waves at them before walking to the bathroom. Minhyuk didn’t wear any makeup today but he still did his nightly skincare routine, letting the facemask do its thing while he brushed his teeth. He removed the mask when he crawled under his blankets. Falling asleep when his head touched the pillow.

(A/N)

I honestly love writing this fic because it’s a lot easier (and more fun) than my other fics.
Also I spent like 3 minutes figuring out if the ‘Y’ in Rocky was a vowel or consonant because I learned that -ah=Vowel and -yah=Consonant. (I also learned that -ie is only used when a name ends in a consonant.) The more you know. Lol (btw it’s a vowel, thank god)