Chapter 2

Make Me Love You
 
 
 
 
 

:: Expect the Unexpected ::

 

SM Entertainment office

 

“Yul, this is Lee Sunny, the client’s manager and also my girlfriend,” Hyomin introduced Sunny to him.

 

“Nice to meet you, Yuri ssi. Thank you for coming,” Sunny said as she extended her hand to shake hands with the latter.

 

“Nice to meet you too, Sunny ssi. I heard a lot from Hyomin about you,” Yuri politely said and shook hands with her.

 

“Chincha? I wonder what he has been telling you about me. Hopefully the nice things, eh,” Sunny jokingly said, causing her boyfriend laughed awkwardly. “Please have a seat, Yuri ssi,” Sunny said.

 

“Thank you,” he thanked her and took his seat next to Hyomin. Sunny then took out a document from the drawer, and put it on her desk.

 

“I’m sure Hyomin has already explained to you about the job offer as a bodyguard, right?,” Sunny said.

 

“Ermm.. yeah. I doubt about it at first, but since I have been knowing him for so long, I can say that I fully trust him. So, I wonder who is the client that require such skills from the bodyguard? Is he or she a VVIP or something?,” he replied.

 

“The client is she. She’s the most popular celebrity nowadays, and managed by our company. I have become her manager since she started to become celebrity for the past three years. She’s Im Yoona, the celebrity chef, and also the owner of Italiano Restaurante in Gangnam,” Sunny explained.

 

“Im Yoona from Italiano Restaurante? She’s the daughter of late Chef Im Yoonho, am I right?,” he asked.

 

“Yes, Yuri ssi, you’re right. Late Chef Im Yoonho is her father,” Sunny replied. Yuri nodded.

 

“My father used to bring me to have lunch there when I was studied in university. He said the late Chef Im was his friend,” he said.

 

“Chincha? So, your father is her father’s friend, huh? So, I think you don’t have a problem to become her personal bodyguard, right?,” Sunny asked. Yuri kept silent for a moment before he sighed, and started to speak.

 

“Honestly, I don’t want to take this job because I need to manage my ranch. But, like I said earlier, for the sake of this man’s future here, I’m willing to help him and to accept the offer,” Yuri truthfully said while patting on Hyomin’s shoulder. Deep down in his heart, Hyomin felt guilty for not telling the truth, but for the sake of his girlfriend’s job, he had to tell a white lie to his friend.

 

“On behalf of Hyomin, I would like to apologize if I causing you a trouble, Yuri ssi. But, after checking all the candidates, we think you’re the most qualified to fulfill the requirement. I know you used to work as a bodyguard before, and I really don’t want to talk about your past. But, I really need your help, Yuri ssi,” Sunny replied.

 

“Arasso, and like what I’ve said to Hyomin earlier, I could only work for one client only, Sunny ssi. Whenever she doesn’t have any schedule, I will going back to Goyang to work at my ranch. Can you do that for me?,” Yuri said.

 

“Of course, Yuri ssi. You will work with Miss Im only. I have already drafted the contract, so, please take your time to read it,” Sunny replied and put the contract document in front of him.

 

“Nah, I trust you, Sunny ssi. I don’t really mind about the pay. I will do my job as required,” Yuri said as he took a pen, and immediately signed the contract. Sunny and Hyomin looked at each other as they felt impress.

 

“Thank you so much, Yuri ssi,” Sunny thanked him.

 

“You’re welcome. So, when her first schedule will be?,” he asked.

 

“Here. This is her schedule for this month. I give you this copy as for the moment. For the next month, I will update her schedule through Google Calendar, and I will add you later. Can I do that for you?,” she replied.

 

“Yeah, it’s more convenient for me. So, anything else? I need to go back to my ranch before evening,” he asked.

 

“I think that’s all. So, I will see you next week. Thank you once again, Yuri ssi,” Sunny replied and thanked him.

 

“Arasso. Don’t mention, Sunny ssi. We will work together anyhow. I think Hyomin really don’t mind, right, Hyo?,” Yuri said while glancing at his friend.

 

“Huh? No, I’m okay with it. I work with her too, ya know,” Hyomin replied with a grin. Sunny chuckled on his words.

 

“Alright, I’ll see you around, Sunny ssi,” Yuri said as he extended his hand to shake hands with Sunny.

 

“Yeah, see you around,” Sunny replied and shook hands with him.

 

“I will send Yuri to his car,” Hyomin said to Sunny as he opened the door for Yuri and both guys immediately left Sunny’s room.

 

After bid his best friend goodbye, Yuri drove his Mercedes-Benz G500 back to Goyang.

 

 


 

 

The Kwon’s Ranch

 

Yuri just finished taking his shower when he heard someone’s knocking the door. With a towel on his shoulder, he quickly walking towards the door as the non-stop knocking sound was quite disturbing him.

 

“What the? Yah! Kwon Hani! Come here you little brat!,” Yuri shouted and chasing the ‘Kwon Hani’ who’s running while laughing hysterically.

 

“Got ya!,” he successfully tackled the ‘Kwon Hani’ down and tickled her.

 

“Hahahaha.. D-daddy, daddy, please, stop it!,” the six years old girl pleaded while laughing.

 

“This is what you get when you tried to tease your daddy,” Yuri said as he keep on tickling the poor little girl.

 

“Yul ah! Stop it, will you? Put your shirt on and come downstairs. Dinner is ready,” said the voice of the older woman, no other than his mother, Mrs. Kwon.

 

“Dae, mom. In a minute,” Yuri replied as he stopped tickling the little girl. Kwon Hani quickly got up, and stuck her tongue out at her daddy before she ran away to downstairs.

 

“Kwon Hani! Don’t run, will ya?,” Yuri shouted, looking rather worried on the little girl. He then got up from the floor, and heading back to his room to put his shirt on.

 

“Hani ya, eat slowly, sweetie. Your daddy will scold you later,” Mrs. Kwon said to the little girl.

 

“Dae, halmeoni. Hani will eat slowly,” the little girl obediently replied and munching her food slowly. Not long after, Yuri came and joined them for dinner.

 

“What time is dad’s flight on tomorrow, mom?,” Yuri asked as he took a seat next to the little girl.

 

“11:30. Yeo will pick him up from the airport,” Mrs. Kwon replied as she scooped some rice, and put it into the bowl. She handed the bowl to Yuri. Yuri thanked his mother as he began to eat.

 

“You should accompany him next time, mom. Dad always complained to me he felt bored whenever he had to stay alone in the hotel,” Yuri said while munching his food.

 

“If I go with him then who’s going to take care this little munchkin of yours?,” Mrs. Kwon replied.

 

“It’s okay, halmeoni. I can stay with Hayoung unnie. Daddy can take care of me too,” Hani enthusiastically replied.

 

“Aigoo.. My daughter has already grown up. Eat more, baby girl, so you can grow up fast, and take care of your daddy here,” Yuri said as he ruffled on his daughter’s hair.

 

“Dae, daddy,” Hani replied smilingly.

 

“Have you ever contacted Jessica?,” Mrs. Kwon asked. Yuri just shook his head.

 

“She’s nowhere to be found. I think she’s not living in Seoul anymore after she remarried,” Yuri casually replied.

 

“I feel sorry for our little munchkin here. She should take a responsible too in taking care of her daughter. She’s still alive, though,” Mrs. Kwon said, feeling disappointed on her ex-daughter-in-law.

 

“It’s okay, halmeoni. I don’t want to stay with mommy. I want to stay with you, haraboji and daddy until I grow old,” the little girl casually said, causing her grandmother and father laughed over her cute response.

 

“I will find a new mommy for you, how bout that?,” Yuri playfully said. Little Hani nodded her head vigorously.

 

“Can Hayoung unnie be my new mommy, daddy?,” Hani excitedly asked, causing her daddy choked and coughing. Mrs. Kwon chuckled and shook her head.

 

“Yah! She’s still a college girl, you little brat!,” Yuri exclaimed and pinched his daughter’s nose. Little Hani scrunched up her nose cutely and laughed.

 

Hayoung was working as a part-time assistant manager at The Kwon’s Ranch as she was undergo her industrial training for a year. She took the same course as Yuri’s and she also studied at the same university.

 

“How about Mr. Joo’s daughter, Bo Ah? I like her. She’s pretty and polite too,” Mrs. Kwon suggested.

 

“Mom, we are here to eat, though. Not to talk about finding a new wife for me,” Yuri said in annoyed tone. Mrs. Kwon giggled.

 

“Arasso. Mian. Let’s finish the food first. Hani ya, have you done with your homework, sweetie?,” Mrs. Kwon asked her granddaughter.

 

“Yes, halmeoni,” Hani said as she nodded.

 

“Good. Show to your daddy first before you go to bed, arasso?,” she said.

 

“Dae,” Hani replied and took a glass of water to drink. After she had done with her dinner, she bid good night to her daddy and her halmeoni before she went straight to her room upstairs.

 

“Oh, before I forgot. Next week I will start to working part-time as a bodyguard, mom,” Yuri informed his mother.

 

“Mwoh? A part-time bodyguard? For who?,” Mrs. Kwon replied in surprised.

 

“The famous celebrity chef, Im Yoona. Hyomin asked for help because he couldn’t find any candidates who have special skills like me. I just wanted to help him, that’s all.

 

“Im Yoona? You mean the owner of Italiano Restaurante? The late Im Yoonho’s daughter?,” Mrs. Kwon asked. Yuri looked at her in surprised.

 

“You know her too, mom?,” Yuri replied.

 

“Of course, though. She used to play with you when you two were small, like about Hani’s age. After his wife passed away, he moved to Seoul, and opened a new restaurant which his daughter owns now,” his mother informed, causing he dumbfounded.

 

“Thank God I just know about her from you. So, I hope I don’t have a problem when working with her later,” Yuri said.

 

“Ermm.. she’s a bit naughty when she was a little. She likes to play pranks on you, but the good thing is that, you didn’t take a revenge and treated her badly. You seemed to like the girl,” his mother said with a meaningful smile.

 

“What? Me like her? If I do then that was a long time ago, mom. I didn’t even remember her. I just remembered that dad used to bring us for lunch at her restaurant,” he replied.

 

“Yul, who knows? She could become your.. You know,” Mrs. Kwon teasingly said.

 

“Mom, enough. Stop matchmaking me with anyone else. I don’t know her, and she will become my boss soon. So, I hope it is strictly for work, not for something else,” he said in serious tone.

 

“Aigoo.. You need to learn how to chill, Yul ah. Look at your daughter. Although her mother doesn’t want to care about her anymore, she’s always in her positive and hype mood,” his mother replied.

 

“That’s because she didn’t know what her mother has done behind her back. Let’s end up here. I don’t want to recall any ty things she did to me before,” he said, a bit anger.

 

“Mind your language, Kwon Yuri!,” Mrs. Kwon said sternly, glaring at her son.

 

“Opss.. mian!,” Yuri apologized and immediately got up from his seat, carrying the rice bowl and put it into the sink to wash.

 

 


 

 

Italiano Restaurante

 

“Good job, everyone! You guys can go home now,” Yoona thanked her staff as it was about the time for them to close their business of the day.

 

“Thank you, Chef!,” the staff thanked her and bowed.

 

“Thank you for the day too!,” Yoona replied and bowed. The staff dismissed and eventually left the kitchen.

 

“Chef, do you want me to close the door as usual?,” Jonghyun asked.

 

“It’s okay. I will close the door. You can go home now. Your dad is waiting for you,” Yoona replied with a smile.

 

“Ok, Yoong. Don’t stay too late,” Jonghyun reminded as he excused himself and left the kitchen.

 

“Dae,” Yoona replied. She then left the kitchen and heading to her office.

 

“RING! RING!

 

Her phone suddenly ringing the moment she slumped her tired body on the couch in her office. She uninterestedly looked at the caller’s ID, but suddenly her eyes widened in surprise after she found out who was calling her just now.

 

“Hey, babe! Miss me?,” the voice which she missed to hear all this while greets her. She almost wanted to cry, but she tried to hold her best.

 

“No, I don’t miss you. I hate you,” she replied. The caller laughed over her words.

 

“I’m sorry. I really wanted to call you, but my shooting schedules always changed, so I didn’t get a chance to say hello to my girlfriend. I miss you so much, babe,” the voice owner is no other than her beloved boyfriend, Xiao said.

 

“I miss you too,” she said in between her sniffed as she was crying silently.

 

“Oh, no! Don’t cry, babe. I’m sorry if I have hurt your feeling,” Xiao said as he apologized.

 

“No, you didn’t. I just.. I miss you so much,” she replied.

 

“You know what? I feel like just want to leave my work right now, and fly there to see you. I want to hug you to sleep. I feel restless without you here,” he said.

 

“You don’t have too, honey. I don’t want you to get distracted with me. Just finish your work first, and then you can come here,” she replied.

 

“I promise. After I finished all my schedules, I want to take a leave for a month, and we can spend our time together. I plan to bring you to L.A. My uncle asked me to visit him there, so we can have our vacation together,” Xiao informed.

 

“Really? I can’t wait for that time to come,” she said, feeling a bit happy. “Are you still working right now?,” she asked.

 

“Yeah. The production staff asked us to take a break for one hour because the rain suddenly dropped off at the location. But, it seems like the rain won’t stop in any minute, so I think they will postpone the filming on tomorrow,” he replied.

 

“I see. Don’t work too hard, okay? You need to take care of your health too,” she said worriedly.

 

“Don’t worry on me, babe. I will make sure that I’m always healthy, so that I can see you sooner,” Xiao replied.

 

“Xiao ah, Director Lam wants to see you,” she heard someone’s calling her boyfriend’s name.

 

“Babe, I need to go now. The director wants to see me, probably to discuss about tomorrow’s filming scene,” Xiao said.

 

“Just go, honey. Call me whenever you are free. I will wait,” Yoona said softly to him.

 

“Thanks. I will call you later. I love you! Good night!,” he replied.

 

“I love you too. Good night!,” she said as the call ended. She throw her phone on the coffee table, and lie down on the couch. She put her arm on her forehead, smiling.

 

“Vacation in L.A. I hope it will not clash with my schedule,” Yoona mumbles.

 

 


 

 

The next week

 

SM Entertainment office

 

“Thanks for coming, Yuri ssi,” Sunny thanked him and invited him to take his seat on the couch.

 

“No problem, and just call me Yuri, Sunny ssi,” Yuri said as he took his seat. He wears a black suit with a black tie as his bodyguard uniform. He looked dashing.

 

“And call me Sunny too. I don’t really like formality, but it depends. Since you’re a close friend to my boyfriend so, I would be more than glad,” Sunny said with a grin.

 

“Hahahaha, yeah. Anyway, where’s Hyomin?,” he asked while his eyes wandering around the place. They were at one of the meeting rooms of the agency.

 

“Oh, he’s at outside, meeting with our client. He will be back before lunch,” she replied.

 

“I see. So, when will Miss Im arrived?,” Yuri asked, glancing at his wristwatch.

 

“In any minute. She said she’s already on her way here,” Sunny replied.

 

“Erm.. I heard from Hyomin that you’re her close friend too. So, maybe you can share with me about her?,” he said.

 

“Well, what I can say about her is that she’s a good girl. She will treat you well if you just follow on what she said. She can be fussy sometimes, but maybe because she worked as a leader in her restaurant, so sometimes she will be carried away by her strict character. But, don’t worry, I know that you can work with her well,” Sunny replied.

 

“I see. I will try my best. I used to work as a bodyguard before, you know about that, right?,” Yuri said.

 

“Of course I know. The whole Korea knows who you are, Yuri. Ermm.. mind if I ask you about personal questions?,” she asked.

 

“Yeah, sure. Go ahead,” Yuri replied.

 

“Ermm.. Did Jessica ssi falling in love with you before or after she knew that you’re the heirs of Kwon’s Conglomerate?,” she carefully asked. Yuri smiled, and sighed before he answered.

 

“Before. I know, people out there may think that she fell in love with me because I was from a rich family, but it’s not like that. We fell in love while we were studied at the same university. After we graduated, I offered myself to become her bodyguard just because I wanted to be close to her. You know, young people who were madly crazily in love, wanted to be together, forever,” he said, causing Sunny chuckled.

 

“You know, her father and my father were good friends. Right after her father knew that we were in love, he immediately contacted my father and suggested that we should got engaged. My father felt excited, and he would be more than glad to be their in-laws, so he immediately agreed and we got engaged right after that,” he continued. Sunny nodded.

 

“I read about the reason you filed the divorce on her. Is it true that she involved in love scandal with the Choi Industries CEO, Choi Sooyoung?,” she asked. Yuri sighed heavily and nodded.

 

“After my daughter turned into two years old, she began to feel that she’s not fit to live in a ranch. She wanted to stay in Seoul and wanted to start her business there. You know, like a drama scene, a rich girl couldn’t stand living suburb area. So, she started to throw tantrums every day. After discussed with my parents, I gave her permission to live with her parents in Seoul. I visited her once a while with my daughter. But, one day when I went there to visit her, I found out from her staff that she often went out with that Choi Sooyoung,” he replied.

 

“I asked her whether she’s dating him, and she admitted. She said she fell in love with him because she helped her a lot in expanding her business. She admitted that she’s already fell out of love with me. I said okay then. The next day, I called my family’s lawyer, and asked him to file the divorce. I told her that I want to take care of my daughter, and she casually agreed. I never thought that she could change just like that. She never care about her daughter at all, and I was so upset. I told my lawyer to get the order from court to forbid her from visiting my daughter until she’s turned into twenty one years old. Serves her right!,” Yuri said in serious tone.

 

“I’m sorry to know that, Yuri. I know it’s unfortunate for you to experience a marriage failure. I hope you will meet someone who will love you and your daughter honestly and wholeheartedly someday,” she replied as she smiled.

 

“Thanks, Sunny,” he thanked her. Not long after, they heard the door being opened by someone.

 

“Sorry I’m a bit late,” the person said. Yuri and Sunny turned to look at the person. He suddenly froze on his seat.

 

“Yuri, this is Im Yoona, your client,” Sunny said as she got up from her seat, and introduced Yoona to him. Yoona was wearing a beautiful sleeveless short dress, enhancing her gorgeous looks.

 

“Wow! Is she the one who used to pull pranks on me when we was small?,” he thought.

 

“Yuri?,” Sunny’s voice startles him from his thought. He immediately got up and bowed.

 

“Annyeong haseyo. I’m Kwon Yuri at your service, Miss Im!,” he said and bowed.

 

“Annyeong, Yuri ssi. Nice to meet you. Alright, shall we go now?,” she replied.

 

“Huh? Go now? To where?,” Sunny asked in surprised.

 

“Swimming pool. I want to test him whether he can swim or not,” she casually said.

 

“Mwoh?”

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 

Annyeong guys! Expect the unexpected! Kekekeke... Thank you for subscribing and upvoting this fic, and don't forget to drop your commet. Pardon with my typo and grammar. I will try to update as fast as I can (when my ideas flowing like a river :D). Till then, take care!