Chapter 3

Kpop Prep School

You wake up the next day to head to class. The school is very big and hard to navigate, but fortunately you arrived on time to each of your classes. As you are sitting in Physics, group of boys enter and sit directly behind you. “Excuse me…” Comes a fake polite voice with a tap on your shoulder. You turn around in surprise and see the tallest of the boys had been the one who had tapped you. “Yeah?” You ask him when you are completely twisted around to face him. “Could you bend down a little? I can see over your head, you're to tall.” He said jokingly with a large smirk on his face. You observe the boy’s features;
he has elf-like ears and big eyes. He slightly resembles a weasel of some kind. You try not to visibly roll your eyes and you turn back around in your seat. Before the pointy-eared boy can say anything else, the teacher enters asks everyone to silence. “Hey girl!” The same boy shouts at the end of class. His friends looked slightly annoyed at his behavior, just wanting to just get going. “I’m Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol.” He continues. “Ok,” you say in confusion and awkwardly bow to him. His friends snicker at your reaction. Your cheeks turn pink and you walk away as fast as you can. “Nice to meet you, Chanyeol. My name is…” You here him shout from the classroom, imitating you as you rush down the hallway. The next day you have your art based classes, including vocal training, dance class, and drama. Dance class was probably your favorite, although you enjoyed the others as well. By the time the next Physics class has come, you have planned out how you are going to respond to Park Chanyeol if he continues to talk to you in class. When you enter, Chanyeol and his friends are already sitting in their previous seats. All the other spots are taken, so you sit where you did the last physics class, right in front of the boys. As you walk towards your seat you get a better look of Chanyeol's friends. They all seemed to be bickering about something. The boy sitting next to Chanyeol seems to be half a foot shorter, but is still fairly tall. The one next is even shorter and has eyes bigger than Chanyeol’s and heart shaped lips. The beside him is by far the prettiest person I had ever seen in my entire life. Next to pretty boy on the other side was a boy of a similar height with a lost expression on his face.Once you get close enough, they stop talking. You turn around and sit in your seat, trying your hardest to ignore them, although you can feel them staring at you. “So, what is your name anyway?” Comes the oh so familiar voice of Park Chanyeol. You printed not to hear. “Hello? I am talking to you.” He says. You turn around, your first tactic failing. Of his friends, the spacey one was staring at nothing, the boy next to Chanyeol was pretending to not pay attention, short one was giving Chanyeol a death glare, and pretty boy was looking at Chanyeol with a trouble expression. “Meili,” You respond, after some hesitation. “Meili, huh?” He responds and you nod your head. “Meili, who is the most attractive out of all of us?” You assume that was what they were arguing about before. The other boys all groan but nonetheless, they look at me, expecting an answer. You feel heat creeping up your next, with all of them looking at you. “I can't answer that.” You say simply. This time Chanyeol groans and the others look relieved. You guess they would have Chanyeol talking non-stop if you had picked home or not. You turn around and they don't talk to you for the rest of class. You find yourself unintentionally looking forward to the class. On Tuesday as you happily skip to the door to exit the dorm, Hyuna stops you. “Why are you so happy?” Before you can answer she asks, “Is it a boy!?” While gasping. You shake your head vigorously. Chanyeol may be part of the reason you are looking forward to Physics, but there is no way you could ever like him. During class, while everyone is working on a Physics worksheet, Chanyeol asks, “Maeil, do you know the answer to number five.” You slowly turn around. Find yourself getting super worked up. “Maybe he did it on accident, he is Korean after all.
Meili is not something he is used to saying. But once you turn around to look at him, you can see that he fully intended to mispronounce your name. The spacey boy frowned, looking like he had trouble comprehending the situation and pretty boy’s grip tightened significantly on his pencil. You gather from the last few classes that they were both Chinese. The other two just looked uncomfortable. You quickly turn back around, not wanting to say something you would regret. After a few minutes you calmed yourself down. It wasn't really a big deal. Chanyeol is trying very hard to be annoying and he is succeeding. As you are walking down the hallway right after class. “You here to people with authentic Chinese accents calling your name. You smile at the sound of your name being pronounced how you were used to. You turn around to see the two Chinese boys from Physics. “We apologize on behalf Chanyeol.” Says pretty boy. “Yeah we’re really sorry.” Adds the spacey guy. “We promise, tomorrow it will be Chanyeol saying sorry.” Oh and I’m Luhan and he’s Lay.” Pretty boy said as he pointed to himself, then spacey boy. “Ok,” you respond. You walk back to the dorm dealing more excited than you had been yet this year.