First kiss

Ficlet dump

Beta: therys
Pairing: YunJae
Universe: Alternative – Middle School
Genre: Romance
Length: 852 words
Rating: PG
Warning: fluff

A/N: This was originally posted on LJ in April 2011.

Summary: First class trip, first stupid games; first kiss.

*****

It is spring, close to summer when your class is on a trip to Busan.

You are 13 of age, shy, not really talkative and feel a bit lost as all your friends are in other classes or younger than you. You only have your sister but you know that you can't always depend on her. You just wish to know her friends better, especially her best one.

You like him, a lot, but never had the courage to even tell her let alone him. How would your sister react or even he? You're too scared to tell either of them, always were and probably will be.

Your eyes are often trained on him; brown hair short and framing his face, eyes as brown as chocolate being warm and deep that can pull you in. He knows who you are, but he doesn't look at you the way you wish he would. It's not the way like you look at him.

You turn shier around him; blushing, stuttering, feeling stupid. You wish you could show him the real you, the funny and silly one you are around your sister and friends. But you can't. Just by a glance, smile or word of him you turn into mush, wishing it was all just for you, wishing that you were special.

*

You sigh, sitting on a wooden chair. It is evening, half of your class gathered in a room that belongs to your sister and her friends in the youth hostel you're staying at. You wonder why you're actually there, watching the games the others are playing. You don't want to participate, feeling uncomfortable with what they're doing.

Girls and boys of 13 and 14 years are dispersed inside of the room, playing a card game in a special way. Kissing is a big part - girls kissing boys, boys kissing boys and girls kissing girls. They do it for fun, complaining sometimes but laughing at the same time. It isn't a game you want to participate in. It is too embarrassing, and you don't want to lose your first kiss to someone because of a game.

You decide to leave, your eyes not able to take more of your crush in. He kissed about all of the participants of the game, you being the only one not being part of it. You sigh again, wanting to stand up when someone speaks up.

“Hey, you should kiss JaeJoong as well.” You gulp, eyes as wide as saucers. 'Oh god. She can't be for real.' But the roommate of your sister is, as is everyone else.

You part your lips to say something but nothing comes out. Nervously you shift on your chair, eyes falling onto the back of your crush who is speaking shortly to your sister. 'Please, decline.' As much as the thought hurts you if he didn't do it, you still don't want him to kiss you. Not at a time like this, not in front of so many people, not when your heart would be about to jump out of your chest just by the slightest touch of your lips you ever had imagined.

He clears his throat, your heart beating a notch faster when he accepts the deed, slowly leaving his place next to your sister to come over to your trembling self. You're biting your lips in nervousness, sweaty hands clasping around the chair you're sitting on when he comes closer.

It is too late to hide, but you don't want to when he flashes one of these handsome smiles that could always pull you in deeper. He bends forward, your eyes closing out of reflex and lips trembling when you feel him coming closer with his face. You know that your cheeks are shining the brightest red you can imagine when you feel his breath against your lips, heart racing with a pace faster than a cheetah is able to run when his lips touch yours.

Time is standing still for you, your senses drowning in the subtle touch between your lips and his. They feel warm and soft, the taste even sweeter than chocolate which is your favourite.

The kiss lasts for just a few seconds, yet it is something so special to you. It was your first, and it was with him.

Your heart is still beating fast, your cheeks warm and red with embarrassment when you ever so slowly pry your eyes open. You can only cast a glance onto his face before he turns back to his seat. You hold your breath even more than during the kiss. You blink your eyes, your thoughts in turmoil. 'This- this can't be. You're eyes are playing tricks on you, JaeJoong. YunHo does not have a crush on you.' The more you try to chant it to yourself the more you understand. It has to be. You have clearly seen it, that small shy smile and the subtle redness staining his cheeks.

You wish that what you've seen is real, that the way you feel for YunHo is the same way as he feels for you.