Encouragement

Ficlet dump

Beta: harangkaori
Plot: rennonyanyan ♥
Pairing: YunJae
Universe: DBSK – MKMF 2008
Genre: Romance
Length: 574 words
Rating: PG
Warning: fluff

A/N: Originally posted on LJ in August 2012.

Summary: Right before their performance, JaeJoong is the most nervous of all.

*****

Excessive cheering was blasting in high volume throughout the venture, the fans hyped for DBSK's performance after their favourite band had already won two of the coveted MKMF awards. The five young men were gathered in a circle behind the stage, YunHo speaking a word of encouragement before each of them made themselves to their respective places from where they would enter the stage. Just one of them was still nervous.

JaeJoong was tugging on the white fur hanging from his right shoulder in a jittery manner, his heart racing against his ribcage. It wasn't the performance in itself that made him nervous, it rather was the part where he had to dance to their song Purple Line – all by himself. All eyes would be trained on him, and they all knew how bad of a dancer he actually was. He just was more of a person for singing. And to his misfortune, he was tired as hell. The former night hadn't been a good one for him and it was showing in the dark circles around his eyes that he had barely caught any sleep.

Muttering encouraging words to himself whilst practising some of his steps, he didn't notice that someone was nearing his back. Just when the person was about to touch his shoulder, JaeJoong twirled around and almost stumbled with wide eyes upon seeing the other.

“YunHo!” he shrieked, palming the racing heart in his chest. “You gave me a fright there.”

“That wasn't my intention,” YunHo muttered, a sloppy smile gracing his lips which for JaeJoong punched his arm. The brown haired grabbed JaeJoong's fist, examining it with his eyes whilst subtly caressing the knuckles of his fingers. “Nervous?” he muttered, casting a glance at JaeJoong staring back at him. The black haired nodded with a heavy sigh.

“There's no need to,” YunHo remarked.

“Of course there is,” JaeJoong responded immediately, retrieving his hand out of YunHo's hold. “You know damn well that I at dancing,” he muttered whilst again tugging on the white fur on his shoulder. Why did he have to wear this thing anyway? The jacket could have done without it as well. His head perked up, flustered when he heard the introduction of their performance. He found himself pressed against YunHo's chest even before the first tune of The Way U Are was played.

“YunHo,” he whispered, his right hand palming YunHo's chest. He could feel the latter's heartbeat.

“You'll do well, Boo,” the brown haired muttered, planting a chaste kiss onto JaeJoong's head. The black haired closed his eyes, feeling unconsciously relieved and relaxed. YunHo reluctantly pulled back when another 30 seconds had passed.

“I gotta hurry, I'm next,” he muttered with a sheepish smile. He palmed JaeJoong's cheek and planted a kiss onto his forehead before he once more spoke encouraging words to his lover, “You will do great. Don't worry.” With that he sprinted away, the melody of Rising Sun following shortly after.

JaeJoong was left behind with a smile. His nervousness had calmed down and with a deep breath he turned towards the stage, waiting for O Jung Ban Hap to end and for his entrance to start. With the first tune of Purple Line, every worry of failing had long vanished and he managed to finish his dance perfectly. The remaining performance was accomplished with a wide smile.