Our special day

Ficlet dump

Beta: gildeddiscourse
Pairing: YunJae
Universe: DBSK
Genre: Romance
Length: 579 words
Rating: PG
Warning: fluff

A/N: Originally posted on LJ in February 2012.

Summary: The 5th of February has always been a special day.

*****

Tossing and turning JaeJoong threw himself from one side of his bed to the other. It was nothing but dark outside and, as much as he had tried, he just couldn't find sleep. He had been lying wake in bed for hours.

“Aish,” he muttered when he sat up. He buried his face in his hands, his hair falling into it when he sighed. He was tired as hell but yet again he couldn't seem to sleep at all.

When JaeJoong lifted his head from his palms, his eyes caught sight of his alarm clock. The screen was flashing red light at him, showing the time of 01:36 in the night. A mirthless smile scurried over his lips when he registered that his actual birthday lay past him, that tomorrow was the birthday of the person he loved most, and that right now at this late hour it was their special day. The 5th of February always had a special meaning to him and YunHo. It gave them even more the feeling that they were meant for each other.

JaeJoong sighed heavily when he let himself drop back onto his mattress. This time there wouldn't be something special about this day. He knew that YunHo wouldn't have the chance to meet up with him, even if he wanted to. Neither would JaeJoong have the chance. With a frustrated grunt he tossed around in his bed and buried his face in his pillow. With a side glance he eyed the empty space on his right. It had always been YunHo's side.

He didn't know for how long he had been lying that way, buried face deep in his pillow, before he had driven into a state close to slumber. Something like a dream was playing around his mind, a pleasant memory of a former special day JaeJoong had spent with YunHo.

A strident noise rummaged through JaeJoong's apartment, ripping him out of his daze with such a jolt he almost fell out of his bed. Wide-eyed JaeJoong stared around his bedroom, holding tight onto his racing heart. He gazed onto his alarm clock and ran with his fingers through his hair when the strident noise resounded again.

“Who on earth rings a bell at 3 o'clock in the morning?!” he complained before he reluctantly climbed out of his bed. He shook a little at the chilly atmosphere in his bedroom before he grabbed his woollen cardigan to put it on. Winter this year was really icy.

A frustrated grunt left his lips when his bell rang once more, “Yeah, yeah. I'm coming.” Muffled into his cardigan JaeJoong unlocked his door to open it. “Who the do you think you are, ringing someone's bell at three in the morning!” he called out to the person across from him. His eyes grew wide as saucers when he registered just who exactly was in front of him muffled into a woollen scarf and thick jacket. “YunHo,” he whispered, unsure if he was awake or still dreaming.

“Sorry for the late disturbance,” YunHo muttered and flashed JaeJoong an apologetic smile. “I just couldn't stand the thought of not spending this day with you,” he muttered and palmed JaeJoong's cheek whose eyes had started to water and where shining with a beauteous smile stretched on his lips. Without further ado YunHo was pulled by the hand into JaeJoong's apartment, their lips meeting when the door closed shut.