Nine

Hymn For The Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan POV~

 

I quietly ate my lunch by myself at an empty table. I went off campus to a restaurant next to the campus. The restaurant was bustling and full of lively people, besides me; I was quiet as I ate my food by myself. I quietly scrolled through random social medias on my phone, going through the several I had. All my friends weren’t active lately, due to exams they had at school. I did not have exams till next week. I sighed and closed my phone and put it in my pocket and continued to eat my food.

Things were quiet and peaceful till I noticed some people who kept glancing back at me from their table. A group of girls, all around my age or a little bit older. I glanced behind me; nothing, so they had to be looking at me. I looked back at them, and they continued to whisper. I gave them a Can I help you? look. They quickly looked back and kept on talking amongst themselves. I let out an annoyed sigh and went back to eating my lunch.

I called over my waitress and asked for my check when I was finished.

“Oh don’t worry about it Mr. Wu, it’s on the house?” She said kindly and smiled at me. I frowned lightly.

“What for?”

“Well Mr. Wu- your husband- is well known so my manager said to give you your meal for free.” She explained, and I closed my eyes and pulled out my wallet, leaving a tip that was the price of my meal; before getting up and leaving the restaurant. I quietly start walking back to campus.

The sky was beginning to get cloudy, signaling pending rain and or snow. It was close to November so snow was an option at this point, which also meant that exams were going to be coming around soon, and I was not mentally prepared for this; but I was already so close to graduating that the exams were almost worth it.

Almost.

I quietly headed back onto campus, the whispers still hadn’t died down. The eye glances still hadn’t died down, which was still very much annoying. I headed to my first class, which was just a creative writing class that I took on a whim, to just boost my credits and extracurriculars. To my surprise, the class was actually pretty entertaining; I got to put all my feelings to paper in story form. It was a nice feeling.

I headed into the classroom and sat down in an empty desk, pulling out my materials for that class. I pulled out my phone as I waited for my teacher to start the lecture. My social medias were all blowing up and my phone was non-stop vibrating in my hand. I turned off the notifications and put my headphones in and started my music. My screen lit up as I received a text message, it was from Kris. I sighed and opened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter