Thirteen

Hymn For The Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A few days later~

    I sat quietly in the backseat of the SUV, staring out the window as my new personal bodyguard, Mason, drove me to school. Kris refuses to let me leave the penthouse now without my own guard, after the incident at the mall. I can still hear his yelling in my ears. Not at me, but at random people through his phone. He wanted names, and he wanted those names fired. Apparently he got his wish, over five people had been fired because of what they had pulled at the mall. If that doesn't show you how powerful Kris is, I don't know what is. 

    "How did he seem today Mason? He didn't say much before we left?" I ask Mason, meeting his eyes in the review mirror. His eyes met mine, they were soft. That was pretty much an answer. 

    "He was understandably upset sir. Some of the people won't give up their photographers, claiming they were within their rights to take photos of you since you were on public property." Mason explained. I gave him a nod and wrung my fingers nervously in my lap, turning to look back out the window. I let out a small sigh and rub my neck nervously. Today I was returning to school, I haven't been back in a awhile due to the paprazzi incident. But I couldn't stay hidden away in the apartment forever, I was so close to graduation that I'm not letting anything get in my way. Christmas break was coming up here soon, so hopefully the last few weeks went by quickly enough that I don't notice the world folding around me. 

    Soon me and Mason pull up to the college, only to be meeting by a large crowd of people. Most had cameras or phones, some looked like students and some looked like middle aged people. I sat up in my seat quickly and looked out the window at the large crowd. 

    Paparazzi again. Kris won't be happy to hear this. 

    "They aren't who I think they are right Mason?" I turn my head quickly. Mason lets out a gentle sigh.  

    "I'm afraid so Mr. Wu. We can turn around-" He started. 

    "No Mason. i'm not going to let these people scare me and force me to stay hidden away in my house" I cut him off. Mason gave a gentle nod and pulled next to the curb in front of the school. I sigh as the paparazzi immediately started to mob the car, snapping photos quickly. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and shook my head, I gently pushed the car door open. The crowd immediately started yelling at me, either yelling questions or yelling my name. I ignored al the yelling and started to push my way through the crowd. 

    About half-way through the crowd, someone grabbed my wrist tightly; digging their nails into my skin. 

    "Ow! Let go!" I half yelled, yanking my hand away from the person and olding onto the hurt part of my wrist. 

    "He doesn't love you!" Someone yelled, then I was shoved from behind. I yelped and fell forward, falling into another person. 

    "You married him for money!" The person I fell into yelled at me, shoving me back. This time I didn't hit another body, I fell to the ground. In attempt to catch myself, I stuck my hand out. But instead I just fell, landing with an unsatsifying crunch in my left wrist. I cried in pain and laid on the ground, holding my wrist to my chest in pain. Mason suddenly appeared above me and pulled me up from the ground. He quickly ushered me back to the car and helped me inside, all while I cradled my injured wrist. 

    Kris won't be happy if he hears about this. 

~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter