Six

Hymn For The Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan POV~

 

    The drive home from breakfast was quiet, we both sat in the silence without a word to each other. Breakfast was quiet as well, the only words shared were about the food or decor of the restaurant. As we sat in silence the memory of the kiss kept coming back into my head, making me flush red. The mixed taste of mint, from his tooth paste, and cherry from his chapstick; the taste wasn’t wonderful but with him it was intoxicating. I wanted to kiss him some more, it was a guilty pleasure as of this moment. I knew I shouldn’t like the kiss but I did, a lot. I closed my eyes and laid my head back onto my seat, savoring the guilty memory.

    My imagination began to run wild, as it normally does. Kris coming out of the shower with a towel loose on his hips, water droplets falling out of his hair and onto his bare chest. I let out a satisfied sigh and wrung my fingers. Suddenly the car came to a quick halt, my eyes sprung open as I gasped when I was jerked forward then suddenly slammed back against my seat. I looked down at my torso and frowned when I seen Kris’ hand holding me back against my seat. Kris’ hand was shaking terribly. I looked up at him, his face was pale and his eyes were wide with fear.

    “Kris..?” I asked softly, grabbing his hand gently. He flinched away and put his hand back on the steering wheel, gulping and shaking his head lightly.

“Sorry, someone cut me off. It’s instinct” He mumbled as he started to drive again. I nodded my head a bit and sat back into my seat. The thoughts of my fantasy has now faded and my mind was all jumbled from what had just happened.

*

    I put my leftovers into the fridge quietly while Kris kicked off his shoes by the front door, Xiaowei picked them up and quickly scuffled off with her duster. I glanced at Kris as he walked past the kitchen doorway.

    “Hey, can I ask you a question?” I ask as I quickly trail after him.

    “Talk. I’m listening” He didn’t even spare me a glance as he started looking through his mail. I let out a silent sigh and looked up at him.

    “Why did you kiss me earlier? I thought you wanted nothing to do with me…” I slowly stopped talking when I noticed he didn’t seem to care. He tossed the mail down onto the small table and looked down at me, his face annoyed.  

    “Because I wanted to. Don’t put too much thought into it Luhan, you’ll hurt yourself” Kris snapped. I took a step back in sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter