Eleven

Hymn For The Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Luhan POV]

 

"I am being serious! A squirrel chased me inside my house when I was a child!" Kris exclaimed, laughing the entire time. I had to cover my face from laughing so hard to the point no noise came out. 

"Oh my God that's great" I gasped out, slowly trying to stop laughing and focus on my breathing. Kris shook his head and let out a small snort. 

"Being terrorized by a squirrel is not great; thank you" Kris chuckled and sat up in his chair. "Now tell me something funny that happened to you as a kid Lu" he quirked an eyebrow. 

I let out a brief hum, looking up at the ceiling. 

"I can't really think of anything. Besides when I got bit by a duck as a kid." I look back at Kris. 

"You got bit by a duck?" He said, trying to hold back his laugh as he spoke. I puffed out my lip. 

"Yes. We were feeding them and I had ran out of food. So I went to get some more, and he had followed me and bit my pants" I explained, watching Kris start to slowly explode into laughter. I felt all eyes on us at that moment, but it wasn't even like they were there. Seeing Kris so happy was the only thing I was focused on in that moment. 

"I can't believe a duck bit you" he wiped the tears out of his eyes and took a deep breath to steady himself. I chuckle and shake my head and look out the window of the restaurant we were at. It was weird to watch everyone go by, people with different names, lives dreams. Makes you wonder of all the possibilities you could've done with your life. 

"So if you don't mind, why did you choose art?" Kris asked, making me turn back to look at him. 

"Well I just grew up loving and appreciating art. I think my grandpa had the biggest influence on that one. I remember sitting with him in his bedroom late at night as he painted, or sketched, and just seeing him so focused on the painting or drawing; the love in his eyes just started to make me love it" I sighed softly in content. 

"In every painting or drawing, my grandpa would hide somewhere in there a little heart with his and my grandmother's initials." I laugh to myself sadly. "When my grandmother passed I think it broke him. He loved her more than anything. They had been married since he was nineteen and her eighteen. They were the only people in this world that ever made me believe in true love" I look down sadly and close my eyes, briefly mourning both my grandparents. 

Then a hand wrapped itself around mine, it was soft and warm. I open my eyes and look up, seeing Kris wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter