One

Hymn For The Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan POV~

    

    I sat quietly in my seat staring out the window as the city flew by in quick flashes; tears b up in my eyes, making my vision foggy. My tears finally fell out of my eyes after a few seconds, my vision became clear again as the tears ran down my cheeks and dripped off my chin. My parents let this man, Kris Wu, marry me so he won’t buy their business. The thing that upset me more about this situation is that they talked it through without my opinion about the matter, I would have done it anyway, but they didn’t bother to ask me. They just practically sold me to this man without wanting my opinion.

    Kris Wu, Beijing's youngest billionaire, at 26 years old. No one knows how he got at rich as he did, as young as he did. He won’t tell any type of press or interviewer how he got rich. All anyone knows is his name, age, and he’s originally from Guangzhou. Kris is the silent and intimidating type, he doesn’t have to say anything to make people nervous around him. I caught onto that when I saw him first standing in my living room of my parents house. He was wearing a simple black suit, with his dark brown hair combed back into a half frohawk/mohawk. But also, he was really gorgeous first glance.

    I know many people would want to be in my place, married to a good looking billionaire. But I, myself, was not comfortable with the thought of marrying a man I had never met or talked to. Yet here I was, sitting in the backseat of an extremely expensive car I didn’t know the name of; being taken to who knows where to do who knows what. Kris didn’t seem to be all that thrilled that I was offered to him, but he accepted the offer nonetheless.

    I looked down at my hands, which were folded together in my lap. The silver band on my ring finger glistened underneath the light coming in from the windows and shined off the ring. My finger began to feel more heavy as I stared at it, I had imagined this scenario multiple times. But, I had a real engagement ring to go along with it, and a loving husband as well. Yes, I like men. I began to nibble on my bottom lip as I continued to stare at the ring.

    Is this really happening? I let out a soft sigh, closing my eyes momentarily and looked up and out the window. I continued to watch the buildings going by as we drove past them, only stopping to look when the car came to stops when it needed to.

“We’ll be home soon” Kris’ deep voice echoed, breaking the silence in the car. I nodded my head without looking away from the window. Kris let out a sigh and began to fumble with something. I bit my lip in curiosity and peeked at him secretly, he was making himself a drink from a bar thing that was in the car door. I lost interest when I saw he was getting alcohol, turning to look back out the window.

The ice clinking against the glass cup was the only sound in the car for a few minutes, besides the noises from outside the car. My stomach began to do flips when I saw Kris’ building coming into view. The building was large and looked like it was made completely from glass, light shined off the building and made it look like it was sparkling. It looked very pretty. In large silver letters, Kris Wu Industry, was mounted up against the building above the glass revolving door. My stomach completely dropped when I noticed that the car had stopped. I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly before opening the car door and climbing out. I shut the door behind me and headed around to the back to get my things, only to see Kris chauffeur already getting them. I gave him a grateful smile, and he gave me a kind smile back.

I stepped away and stood on the sidewalk keeping my hands clasped together as I waited for Kris, who walked around the car after a few seconds. I looked up and watched him with careful eyes. His suit was pressed perfectly, no wrinkles, stains, not even a piece of lint. His dark hair was brushed back and out of his face, not a single strand of hair was out of place; making him look even more perfect. He let out a sigh as he adjusted his

watch, a silver rolex. It glistened under the sunlight as well as the matching silver band on his ring finger. I looked up at his face, he was already looking at me with a blank expression and empty eyes. I looked away quickly and stared down at the concrete beneath my feet.

Out of no-where, fingert

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter