Worth the Wait

What're you looking at, punk?

 Why am I such a clutz? Mark eyed his watch again, confirming that he was in fact, an hour early for school. He had thought that he was running late for school, rushing out of the house with barely his shoes on, only to find out that its currently 7:00AM and his lecture is at 8:00AM. Great going Mark. What do I do now? 

 

Mark decided to take a stroll around the school. He had dropped Jinyoung a message, being already bored out of his mind. He received no replies backhaving a hunch that Jinyoung was still in dreamland, to no surprise.  

 

The University was a ghost town this time of the morning, only having seen a few Janitors, and the occasional students who were rushing for a project and assignments due that morning. He wanders into a classroom block beside his, the building enveloped in darkness apart from the hallway lights that's providing a bit of luminance. The whole building screams out eerie ness, but Mark was too curious and wanted to explore. 

 

He stealthily maneuvers around, entering one of the classrooms that intrigued himthe windows covered in suspected piano paintings(?), being careful not to trip on anything. The darkness definitely didn't make things easier. Must be the music department. 

 

Mark suddenly sees something move in the corner of his eye, whipping his head around to the direction of the movement. Okay, this is it. I've stumbled upon a ghost and he's going to eat my liver or something. Man, I just started dating Jinyoung, why does a ghost have to ruin my flow? 

 

He was met with a student however, who was about to enter the classroom. The student had a mop of golden brown hair, looking strangely similar to an otter, and had a terror-stricken look painted on his face. 

 

Mark burst into laughter, having accidentally scare a random student, slipping apologies between giggles. "I'm so sorry man. I thought you were a ghost. You aren't going to eat my liver, right?" 

 

"No, dude. I just wanted to take a nap in my classroom. And I prefer eating pizzas to livers." Otter-looking student says, still inspecting Mark who, honestly looks like he was up to no good. Mark seemed to notice this and proceeded to defend himself. 

 

"I'm not doing drugs, I swear." Mark explained, holding up both his hands in surrender," I just stumbled upon this classroom as I was exploring the school." Mark seemed to have convinced the otter-looking boy as his eyes quickly softened into crescents, but still had an underlying look of question in his eyes.

 

Mark extends his hand to greet the boy. "I'm Mark Tuan by the way, from class B7A. Nice to meet you." He looks nice, at least. 

 

"Ah, a business major eh. I'm Choi Youngjae, a music major." Youngjae quickly takes his hand to shake. Choi Youngjae... Isn't that the guy that Minjun and Jinsoo asked Nyoung to torment? 

 

Youngjae opens his mouth to speak again, "Do you know Jinyoung from B7A then? He's a close hyung of mine." Oh, he is that Youngjae. 

 

"Yeah, he's my um..." Mark scratches his head, unsure of whether to reveal his relationship to himbut he admits it anyway," ..um my boyfriend." Mark's face quickly heated up and Youngjae proceeded to stifle a laugh.

 

"Oh, Jinyoung-hyung told me lots about you. But he said you couldn't speak Korean? You're speaking fairly well though." Youngjae adds, not forgetting his gummy smile. 

 

"What can I say? Jinyoung's a great teacher." And both of them started to chuckle. 

 

In the 45 minutes that he had been talking to Youngjae, he found out a lot of things about him. It was great to make friends with someone new and he just earned himself another younger brother.

 

Choi Youngjae was a year older than BamBam and Yugyeom, a singer working in his dad's company. He also had just been transferred to JYP University only a week before.

Youngjae was the son of Mr.Choi who owns MusicMakerz Int., which surprisingly rings a bell. He found out that his Dad was already business partners with his and we're about to work on a project together. He remember that his dad only has high praises for that company and Mark therefore passed the compliment to Youngjae, who blushed at the compliment. 

Youngjae was expected to take over his dad's business too, like Mark. Mark knows the burden they have to carry, he feels better now that someone feels how he feels. 

Youngjae also reveals that if not for Jinyoung, he would have been beaten into a pulp by Minjun and Jinsoo. 

 

He notices that Youngjae was wearing a wrist band that covered his wrist. Mark knows that soulmates are a very sensitive topic to talk about, many would rather keep their soulmate marks hidden.  He, too, hid his soulmate Mark from everybody. But he can't help but be curious about the mark .

 

Mark in a very meek voice asks Youngjae,"Hey, I can't help but notice you're hiding your soulmate mark. Is it that bad?". Youngjae quickly stiffens up, releasing a long sigh.  Oh my god, I just offended one of my new friends. 

 

"Trust me, you don't want to read it." Youngjae said. The air around them turned awkward, both of them releasing a sigh. Mark gets it though, so he doesn't press Youngjae any further. 

 

Mark wanted to break the silence, so he talks about his experience with his horrible soulmate mark. "Mine too." Mark starts, Youngjae was surprised by his self-criticism. "I mean I had to carry this with me all my life. And damn straight, was I made fun of." This causes Youngjae to chortle along with Mark.

 

Mark rolls up his sleeve and shows Youngjae his mark, anticipating Youngjae to laugh even morewhich he definitely did. 

 

At this point, both boys were doubling over in laughter. Youngjae had never expected Jinyoung to be a gangster of any sorts. He was literally the embodiment of a mother.  

 

Youngjae wiped his tears and suddenly turned solemn. He then asks Mark, in the most serious tone he could muster, "Did you watch the Hunger Games already." What's with the sudden change of topic, I'm scared.

 

Mark was unsure of what just happened, but still nods his head to answer the question. Youngjae still was expressionless and slowly starts to remove his wrist band. Mark furrows his eyebrows, clueless of what's going to happen next. 

 

Then he sees itfinally understanding why the younger deliberately hid it. Oh , that's why. 

 

Mark bursts out into laughter, Youngjae's mark was even more unbelievable than his. This is comedy gold!

 

Mark calms down as he glances at his watch. Its almost time for class, and didn't notice how some of Youngjae's classmates were already streaming in. He waved to Youngjae goodbye, and not forgetting to invite him over for lunch.


Mark walked into the class that day almost ten minutes earlyonly to find Jackson and Jaebum bickering over something and Jinyoung trying to mediate their argument. 

 

"Good morning guys!" Mark greeted, making his way beside Jinyoung and giving him a peck on the lips. Jinyoung was beyond surprised, bringing his hand up over his mouth So was Jaebum, but Jackson was cackling and yelling 'I told you so!' to Jaebum. It's too early for all these noises, my god.

 

"Uh... What did I miss?" Mark questioned. Jinyoung snapped out from his trance and whispered," I thought you weren't ready to tell them yet, so I denied that we were together." Jinyoung looked disappointed with himselffiddling with his fingers,  but Mark found it so adorable that Jinyoung actually thought about him before sharing the news. 

 

Mark wrapped his arm around Jinyoung, making Jaebum gasp even louder and Jackson laugh even more. 

 

"So you two huh?", Jaebum finally says. He then stood up, walking over to Mark's ear, and sternly warned Mark,"If you break his heart, I swear Tuan." 

 

"I won't. I promise." Mark knew how protective he was over Jinyoung. The two had a bond that was different than Jinyoung and Mark'slike the bond he has with Jackson. It often made Mark jealous, but he knows Jinyoung is his, and he is Jinyoung's. 

 

The bell rings signifying class, and everyone went back to their own seats. He loves how him and Jinyoung sit in the back, away from the eyes of their classmates, where they can be free to show their affection for each other.  

 

"Oh yeah, Nyoung.", Mark muttersalmost forgetting to mention his meeting with Youngjae in the morning."I met Youngjae earlier this morning while I was roaming the school earlier." 

 

"Really? What did you guys talk about?" Jinyoung says, leaning on Mark shoulder as he asks. 

 

Mark recalls what him and Youngjae had talked about. Jinyoung was definitely surprised to find out that Youngjae was acquainted with Mark's family's buisness, and how Youngjae trusted Mark enough to reveal his embarrassing soulmate mark. 

 

Jinyoung had remembered how hesitant Youngjae was to show his soulmate Mark, and it took him two days to finally trust him. Mark had it easy.

 

"Oh, and I invited him over for lunch too. I know you would've done it before, but the others would've found out that Jinsoo and Minjun were tormenting you." Jinyoung looked at Mark, smiling even widely than ever. 

 

"Thanks for befriending him. He is like a little brother to me." Jinyoung says, snuggling back into the crevice of Mark's neck. Mark just pecks Jinyoung's head and tried his best to listen to the ongoing lecture. 


Jinyoung ended up introducing Youngjae to the group instead of Mark, who struggled to introduce the younger properly. The rest still do give him props for trying thoughproud eventhat Mark has improved in the language in such a short amount of time. 

 

The group quickly went back to discussing a movie that BamBam wanted to watch.

 

"Youngjae-Hyung! You should come with us, I heard that the Mocking Jay was good." Yugyeom said, the rest encouraging him too.

 

"Yeah sure, but I sadly know how it ends." Youngjae said, glancing quickly at his wrist, releasing a defeated sigh.

 

"I can't believe Primrose died." Jaebum blurted out, receiving glares from everybody but Youngjaewho instead was wearing a look of disbelief. 

 

"Dude, your was the one who spoiled my favorite movie series for me." Youngjae spoke, almost a whisper. 

 

Both of their eyes widened at the sudden realization. 

 

The scene was a weird mixture of soulmate marks glowing, their friends gathering around the twoalso shocked at how they just witnessed a soulmate meeting. Various 'Oh my God's and 'Congrats' were chorused. 

 

The celebration died down soon after, with the two newly paired soulmates making a swift exit to get some privacy. The group found themselves still shell-shocked by what had just occurred, but nonetheless happy for their friends. 

 

The rest of lunch was filled with soulmate talksmostly targeted towards Jinyoung and Markcause they're the only ones who experienced it int he table, and of jealousy from the others who haven't met their significant other yet.  

 

Therefore, it was no surprise that Jaebum, nor Youngjae, attended their afternoon classes. They were probably, as what Jackson says, ' each others faces off'. 

 

And if Jinyoung and Mark met through different circumstances, just maybe they met when they didn't hate each others guts, he would probably have done the same thing.

 

It would be nice, to fall in love with Jinyoung earlier, to spend more time with the younger, even if its only a few weeks.

 

But with Jinyoung in his arms this very moment beaming at himwhich he is probably mirroring, he didn't mind the wait, honestlybecause Jinyoung was worth all the 19 years of waiting.