The Beginning

What're you looking at, punk?

"You're all packed, right?" Mark's mother asked.

His father is busy checking him in while his mother is keeping everything in check. They are at the airport, ready to send Mark off to South Korea for his further studies. Mark's mother, Dorine, couldn't help but sob at the thought of being apart from her son for a couple of years.

Mark hugged his mother, trying to calm her down while his father, Raymond, made his way back to the mother-son duo.

"Mark, call us often, ok? We love you." His father tearfully says.

"Ok dad. I love you too. I really have to go now. Take care." 

And with that, Mark is off. To a new start, a new school, a new life, and a new country.

 

Adjusting to Korea took awhile for Mark. He didn't know how to speak in Korean, obviously, and independence is harder than he expected.  He honestly didn't expect to be in Korea at all, having his dad made the decision of what school that he needed to attend.

His dad owned a large company called Raymond Holdings. And Mark is expected to take over him, thus sending him off to study in JYP University. 

 

Mark has learned from a young age that life isn't always rainbows and butterflies. He got bullied back in America pretty often and kids often shunned him because of his family's wealth and power, afraid of what his family could do.

 

However, he had two very loving parents that proved to be unlike his dad's buisness partners; strict to their children and often times, too busy for them. His parents showered him with love and support in everything he did. 

His dad, however, was strict on his education. Mark knowing that his dad only wants the best for him, gave his dad full control in his studies, eventually leading him to Korea.

 

 

Mark is currently sitting in his 3- bedroom apartment located in the heart of Seoul, graciously provided by his parents, preparing for his first day of school the next day. The sun had just gone down as he leaned back on his bed, pondering about the life he is going to have in Korea. Though, he doesn't have much expectation for it. 

 

He rolls the sleeve of his sweatshirt, looking at the sentence on his arm that caused him a lot of embarrassment back in the States.

Written on his arm is the astonishing sentence 'What're you looking at, punk?'

This sentence only fulled the fire for the bullies as it adds another flaw for Mark

 

"What kind of rude bastard is my soulmate, really?" Mark wonders.

Mark could only guess how his soulmate will turn out to be as he closed his eyes, succumbing to his tiredness.