Why Him?

What're you looking at, punk?

 To say that Mark was excited for his first day in JYP University was a huge lie. He felt anxious, almost scared. I can do this. Its just 4 years of my life. Just be invisible and no one will mess with you.

 

Mark grabs his bag as he continues to shake off last minute jitters. He made his way out of his apartment, making sure that his fiery red hair is in place and that he looks presentable. He doesn't forget to lock up, looking around at his surroundings as he do so.

 

He notices a boy, looking maybe a year younger than him with striking blonde hair, observing him from a door away. Like Mark, he had a backpack slinged over his shoulder. The blonde haired boy didn't look at Mark with hostility, unlike others back at home, which Mark found peculiar. Mark accidentally locked eyes with the boy, which uttered a small hello and went on his way. Well, that was interesting.


 

It took Mark approximately 10 minutes to commute to school and it doesn't really give him enough time to mentally prepare himself. Before he knows it, the gates that carries the crest of JYP University is standing right in front of him.  So, here goes nothing. 

He walks into the school, taking in all that is surrounding him; a green field that has a few tables that are occupied with students that are currently studying. Geez, studying never does get easier.

 Mark's first agenda is to go to the Teacher's office to actually find out his time table and how to get to his classes, cause right now, he feels everything is in disarray.

 

Movement on his right caused him to redirect his vision, seeing a familiar blonde surrounded by a group of 3 boys. They seem everything but good news as they lead the blonde boy elsewhere. Why are they taking him to the alley?

 

Curiosity got the best of Mark and decided to follow the group as they walk into the the alley. Mark stayed hidden behind a dumpster to take a closer look at the boys. They all look like they're the same age with the blonde boy, a year younger than Mark. A boy with jet black hair, starts to taunt the blonde boy, while the 2 other brown-haired boys surrounded the blonde boy to prevent any means of escape. That boy is probably their leader.

What do you want Jinyoung? I've done nothing wrong" The blonde boy said. He looked terrified from where Mark could see. Ah, so the leader's name is Jinyoung.

Mark couldn't understand what was being said, but he sure does know that it ain't friendly one bit.

 

"Yes, Jackson, you've done nothing wrong. You see, Jinsoo, Minjun and I just want to party after school today. But we are a little bit hesitant on spending money for that. You know what we need, foreigner." Jinyoung states, saying foreigner in English.

Mark can hear the smirk that Jinyoung is wearing as he said that, further angering Mark. 

 

"I don't have money Jinyoung, you know that. Please, let me go." Jackson begged. Minjun and Jinsoo were busy searching the boy's belongings and pockets. Oh my god, I need to do something.

 

Mark did the most logical thing to do and decided to sneak up on the 3 boys, with a broom clutched in his hand from the back of the dumpster. I probably look so ridiculous right now, that the attackers is gonna run away cause I look like I just ran away from a mental institute.

Mark Tuan has always been clumsy. He trips on flat ground, and regularly chokes on water. This time proved to be the same.

 

*snap* The sound of the broken twig that Mark had stepped on echoed throughout the whole alleyway, making everyone turn their attention to Mark. Mark was like a deer caught in the headlights, grasping the broom, ready to attack. The whole group stopped at their tracks, dumbfounded by the situation. 

 

Mark, just say anything, anything to not make yourself look like an even bigger idiot.

 

Jinyoung however beat him to it.

"What're you looking at, punk?" he said in English.

Holy , is this it, is this him? Mark wasn't sure if this rude was The One and decided on the most appropriate response.

 

"Right back at you, hooligan." Mark intelligently replied.

To this, Jinyoung's eyes widen at the sudden realization. Both boys were still under the state of shock when a teacher doing his patrol walked by the alleyway. 

 

"What are you boys doing over there!" The teacher started to run up to them and they quickly let go of Jackson and started to escape.

"Come on Jinyoung, we have to go. Stop daydreaming, we'll get caught" Minjun said, pulling disoriented Jinyoung away from the scene.

 

Mark started feeling a burning sensation on his inner forearm and started to roll his sweater. His soulmate mark was glowing. So the bully is my soulmate. Why does life hate me so much?

Jackson got up and retrieved his things from the floor and made his way to Mark. 

 

"Hey, you okay man? Thanks for your attempt to save my back there. I'm Jackson, nice to meet you." He greets Mark in fluent English.

"H-hey, I'm Mark from LA. Nice to meet you too." He extends his hand to greet Jackson.

"Uh dude, not to alarm you, but your soulmate mark is glowing." Jackson informs, eyes widening at the phenomenon.

 

"Yeah I know. Its burning like a motherer. Do you mind showing me the teacher's office? I kinda need my time table." Mark just wants to forget everything that happened. Why does my soulmate have to be that gangster? Why couldn't my soulmate be normal? I just want something normal to happen once in my life.

"Yup just follow me, its this way.

Well, I guess I just found my 'soulmate'. Ugh.