First Date

What're you looking at, punk?

Mark looks back in the three, coming four weeks since he met Jinyoung. So much in his life changed in such a short time; he met brothers who can be counted upon, and not to mention his soulmate who is currently still sleeping in his arms. He thinks back to his life in the US and how different things were back there. Man am I lucky to have met them.

 

The sunlight peeks through the blinds in his room, hitting Jinyoung's face flawlessly. Mark takes a minute to admire the beauty that Jinyoung is; his long eyelashes, to his perfect jawline, to his cute ears that Jinyoung hates, but Mark loves. 

 

He looks at the digital clock on his bedside table, stunned to see that they slept for already 12 hours. It's 6 o'clock in the morning and he's pretty sure that Jinyoung is just as famished as he is. He regrettably had to get up so that he can make some food for their starving stomachs.

 

Well, Mark isn't exactly the greatest cook. The best he can do without possibly burning down the kitchen is scrambled eggs. 

 

Jinyoung was awoken to soot that filled the air. He felt around the other side of the bed, searching for Mark to alert him to a possible fire, only to find his side of the bed empty. He began to feel anxious and got up to trace where the smoke was coming from. He was met with Mark standing in the kitchen, with the most baffled expression on his face, a spatula in his hand. Is he covered in flour?

 

Jinyoung stifles a laugh and proceeded to aid Mark, who was undoubtedly struggling. "Good morning Mark. Thanks for the wake up call. I thought there was a fire."

 

Mark rolls his eyes, but nonetheless apologized for startling Jinyoung awake. "Good morning, Nyoung. I was trying to cook some pancakes, but the pan caught on fire. I'm so sorry for terrifying you this early in the morning."

 

Jinyoung smiled sheepishly and grabbed the spatula from his hands. "Well, its the thought that counts anyway. I've been pretty much cooking for myself since moving to Seoul, so let me cook instead."

Jinyoung waves Mark of the kitchen and asks him to sit at the dining table, which Mark was upset about. Jinyoung wraps the spare apron that Mark points him to, rolling his sleeves to start cooking.

 

It took Jinyoung approximately 30 minutes to fill the table with mouthwatering dishes that made Mark's stomach churn even more. Jinyoung was obviously skilled, taking charge of the kitchen quickly.

 

To say the least, Mark was amazed that Jinyoung can prepare all these delectable dishes in a flash. "Woah, Jinyoung! You cook faster than my helpers back at home. And hell, yours look more appetizing than theirs." 

 

Jinyoung smiles at the compliment, taking a seat in front of Mark, still gaping at the spread that's before him. Jinyoung chuckled. "Markie, close your mouth. A fly might fly in." 

 

"I can get used to this, Nyoung." Mark says before inhaling all his food. Jinyoung had a proud smile the whole time, elated that Mark is enjoying his cooking.

 

Mark puts down his spoon and he asked Jinyoung,who was still finishing his food. He does eat slow. "What do you want to do today? I usually just sleep during Saturdays, but we slept too much last night." Mark snickered.

 

"I don't really know. Surprise me." Jinyoung grins. "Challenge accepted."


Mark picks some clothes for Jinyoung to change into, but Jinyoung however was taking awhile in the bathroom.

 

Who would blame him really? This was the nicest bathroom Jinyoung had ever been in, and yes he wants to enjoy the bathtub, but he didn't want to make Mark wait that long. He ended up taking long in the shower anyway, still amazed that Mark has a rain shower.

 

Mark instead checks his phone, which is flooded with messages from his friends– Jackson contributing to almost three quarters of it. Mark thinks that he has seen 'Where did you and Jinyoung go during lunch? Are you guys okay?' from 3 of his friends already. He is so thankful for all of them, and he is so blessed to have friends who are concerned for him. But he thinks that its better to tell them in person, so he messages them just that. 

 

He does remember to tell them that they're ok, but no one has to know that Jinyoung stayed over. Cause I will never live to hear the end of that.  Mark had been so relieved that Jackson didn't make his way to the apartment. Mark knows that Jackson will never shut up if he sees that Jinyoung had stayed over.

 

"Sorry Mark, your bathroom was so fascinating. I think it can totally pay of my University bills." making Mark chuckle. Mark makes his way over to Jinyoung with the first aid kit in his hand. Jinyoung's face started heating up, realizing that he only had a towel draped on him. Mark chuckles even louder, finding Jinyoung adorable. 

 

Mark grazes his finger on the wounds that litter Jinyoung's torso and stomach, carefully applying the antiseptic on each injury. Jinyoung is looking very creeped out, but he doesn't say anything.

Mark is still furious that those thugs did this to Jinyoung. He's definitely going to do something about this.

 

But, for now, he has a sort-of-date with Jinyoung today. And that is certainly worth looking forward to.

 

"Uhm. You done being creepy? I need to get dressed." Jinyoung asked, startling Mark. "Yeah, I placed some of my clothes on the bed." 

 

Jinyoung pushed him out of the room to change, expressing his need for privacy. That made Mark a teensy weensy bit disappointed, but he wouldn't let it show. 


Jinyoung walks out of the room, the clothes a little baggy on him, but he makes it work. Mark grins, because Jinyoung looks really good. 

 

"Nyoung, you should wear my clothes more often. You look amazing." Jinyoung rolls his eyes and throws a playful punch on Mark's arm.

 

"So where are we going?" Jinyoung asked, eyes full of curiosity. Mark smirks and takes Jinyoung by the hand. Jinyoung flinched for a second, but soon relaxes, even breaking out into a smile. 

 

Mark leads Jinyoung to his Porshe, shipped from the US by his lovely parents. Jinyoung was astonished at the amount of wealth that this man has, but even more astonished at the fact that he doesn't brag it to all unlike someone he knew. 

 

Mark has become extremely hyper-aware of Jinyoung since his confession last night. He really doesn't want to screw up in front of Jinyoung, and possibly ruin his chances with Jinyoung. Mark held the door to usher Jinyoung to the passenger seat, even buckling his seatbelt for him. 

 

Jinyoung looked extremely uncomfortable with all the pampering, but he doesn't complain. Mark, however, is constantly releasing shaky breaths, not to mention very tense too. 

 

"Are we reaching soon?" It feels like in this 30 minute ride, Jinyoung had already repeated the same question thrice. Jinyoung does note that this feels like back then when he was a child, and had road trips with his family. It's suddenly back to happier times, when his Dad was alive. 

 

Jinyoung was snapped out of his daydream. "Actually, yes." Mark replies, pointing to the tower that is getting bigger and bigger as time passes. 

Jinyoung's eyes lit up instantly breaking out into beam. "Namsan Tower? I haven't been there in more than a decade!" But Mark definitely didn't hear the underlying worry in Jinyoung's voice.

 

Jinyoung hops out of the car before Mark could actually open the door for him. Jinyoung takes a deep breath, remembering the last time he came here with his father. That was a day before the crash happened. And since then, he vowed he would never visit the place again; fearing that he might be consumed with the past memories of him and his father. Surprise, surprise, he's here again but amazingly, he isn't scared to be here, because Mark is right beside him  

 

"I actually stumbled about this place while watching a show the other night. I instantly thought that you'd be the one I would want bring here." Mark declared, not a single hint of embarrasment. Snap out of it Jinyoung, that was not a confession. 

 

Jinyoung cleared his throat, and proceeded to go to the main Centre of th attractionthe tower. Mark catches up and wraps his hand around Jinyoung, like its the most natural thing to do. Jinyoung flinches, but immediately grasps Mark's hand as well. 

 

They spent around an hour walking around to take pictures. A few tourists came up to them and complimented how cute of a couple they were. Man, was it embarrassing for Jinyoung as Mark just took the compliments, not even explaining to them how they were a couple. Despite how cold it was outside, Jinyoung's rosy cheeks were surely not. 

 

Mark lead them to the final agenda today, which was the cable car. Mark, however, didn't inform Jinyoung that he had a small fear of heights. As they went inside they went inside the cable car, Mark started to shudder. 

 

Jinyoung was quick to notice this and embraces Mark. "Hey Markie, are you okay?" Mark replies with a faint nod. "You're afraid of heights' aren't you?" Jinyoung coaxes Mark to sit down with him, still embracing the shaking figure. Mark had turned pale, and grasped on to Jinyoung for dear life. They stay like that until Mark eventually calms. 

 

"Nyoungie?" Jinyoung hums in response. Mark finally opened his mouth to speak after fifteen minutes of Jinyoung trying to calm him down.

"I just want you to know that I really thank you for everything you've done for me. I'd like you to know that you can trust me on anything. Is that all right?" Jinyoung looks down at Mark who is in his arms. Jinyoung was a bit suspicious why Mark would say that out of the blue.

 

But Mark continues," Jinyoung-ah. You blurted out something last night right before drifting off to sleep. And that really shifted something in me." Ahh. So this is why he's so tense today. 

 

Jinyoung can recall what he said vividly in his mind. He didn't mean to say it out, but I guess his mouth had its own mind. Jinyoung smirks when he sees when he tries to continue what he was saying, noting how Mark is fiddling with his fingers to tone down his nervousness. 

 

"What I'm trying to say is that I haven't met a person like you before, nor do I think I will ever meet a person like you again. I want to make you smile everyday. And would like for you to never have to shed another tear in your life. I like the way your hand fits perfectly in mine, I like how you can always tell what I feel, even without me having to tell you. I like how your always beside me, never leaving me alone. I like all the things about you, and who you are. Do you get what I'm trying to say?"

 

Jinyoung can't help but find Mark the definition of cute; his red-stained cheeks, his glowing eyes, and his quivering lips. Jinyoung knew that this was his way of confessing, but Jinyoung has his way as well.

 

Jinyoung suddenly lead Mark to stand with him, facing each other. "I like you too, Markie." And with that, he cups Mark's cheek, and closes the gap between them. 

 

Mark remained unmoving at first, shocked that Jinyoung had professed first.  Mark had Jinyoung's soft, luscious lips against his. He was snapped himself out of his initial shock and responded back. He cherished every second of that kiss, feeling Jinyoung's lips move against his was ethereal. 

 

Mark pulled back, making Jinyoung let out a whine. "Nyoung-ah. I like you so so much. Never forget that." Jinyoung lets out a giggle and proceeds to kiss Mark again. 


Jinyoung and Mark walks back to their apartment after their date to pick up Jinyoung's belongings. They see a figure with blonde hair pacing around Mark's door. Worried, Mark ushers Jinyoung behind him, incase anything shady happens. However he quickly realizes that it was just Jackson. 

 

Jackson spots the two, and bolted towards them. "Oh my god! I was trying to contact the both of you. You guys weren't picking up." Jackson asked, voice laced with worry. 

 

"I texted you Jacks. I'll tell you guys everything on Monday. We're fine now." Mark explains, but his face heats up. What if Jackson finds out we're dating. He's never gonna shut up about it. 

 

 Jackson notices this and inspects them more thoroughly; Jinyoung wearing the same shade of cheeks as Mark. And then he spots their linked hands and breaks out in a grin. 

 

"He slept over last night didn't he? Those are totally Mark's clothes. I can see that you guys are more than fine." Jackson teases in between laughter. 

To say the least, Jackson totally earned that two kicks in the shin.


 Mark drives Jinyoung home that evening, the both of them grasping on each other's hands, not willing to let go. They have been talking about random things and eventually reached their destination. 

 

Jinyoung looked like he's been wanting to say something the whole day, but was hesitant to do so. Just as they were about to part, Mark reached for Jinyoung's hand, and pulled him towards him. 

 

"I literally just told you that you can trust me, love." Mark says, rubbing his hand behind Jinyoung's back to coax him into saying what he was reluctant to say.

 

After a few minutes of persuading Jinyoung, he finally opens his mouth, looking everywhere else but Mark's eyes.

 

"The last time I came to Namsan tower was the day before my dad had passed. I swore to myself that I wouldn't visit that place again. I was certain that going back there would trigger some sort of panic attack because of the memories. But, with you right there beside me, it turned out alright. Thank you, Mark. For being there for me, and just for everything. You have set me in the right path, and I'm sure my dad would be proud that I have changed for the better. And thanks to you, I got to recall my happy memories from Namsan with my dad. You even added more memories for us on top of that." 

 

Jinyoung ,by the end of his revelation, was in tears, held by Mark's embrace. Mark littered kisses all over his cheeks to calm him down, whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

 

"My love, look at me please." Mark cups Jinyoung's face as his tears was reduced into hiccups. "You're the one I should thank Nyoungie. You have no idea what you mean to me. I can't even explain it." And Jinyoung chuckles slightly. 

 

"You don't have to thank me for anything. Because I'm willing to do anything for you. I'll even get the moon, just as your dad had done for you." Mark declares, sealing his promise with a kiss.

And that exactly was when he knew he could trust Mark with anything and everything. And so he did.