Can't You See Me?

Peutin High: School E905

It was the first time that she was feeling like this. It was their last day in Japan and she felt nothing but pain. Maybe she was a masochist by nature that she likes hurting herself. She does know what to do. She’s been feeling down since their first day.

Maybe that what love is, it hurts the more you do it. She tried to be closer to them but her feelings just grow and it scares her and her friends. Jenny was a precious person for Eunchae but that person already has a girlfriend, Eunjin.

She felt that her heart was taken away from her. She does not know what to do. She ruined everything when she is in front of Jenny.

She was with her friends but her eyes were darted to someone in front of them, she saw them being sweet to each other, her eyes then panicked upon seeing Jenny coming closer. She froze in where she stands.

“Hey guys, what’s your plan today?” Jenny asked.

“We don’t know yet” replied Yehana who was with Eunchae.

“I wonder if we can join you, me and Eunjin”

Eunchae was still frozen unable to talk, it hurts when Jenny says someone else name. But what hurts more is the fact that she will never be hers.

Everyone was looking at her, waiting for her decision as her friends does not know how to react as well. She is like an ice, unable to move nor talk. She was afraid that she might ruin everything and would answer a good for nothing response. She felt like she was a stupid person and fears that Jenny might find her weird. She wanted to blame her for doing this to her.

“Jenny, why don’t you join the older group, that might be good for you guys” Eunice butts in.

“That’s a good idea! Thanks!” Jenny said and left them.

Eunchae looked at Eunice and smiled at her. She would want to be with Jenny but not with Eunjin around, it would break her.

Unknown to Eunchae, Eunice had been observing her. The oldest girl in the group knew about Eunchae’s feeling and she knew that she was hurting. Eunice could feel the hurt that the younger feels and she somehow wants to ease the pain for a reason she does not know.

“So what’s our plan?” Somyi asked.

“We can –“

“I’m borrowing Kyla from you guys!” declared the intruder Eunwoo.

Kyla was about to suggest something but she was dragged by Eunwoo as to who knows where. The hyperactive girl seems to have a plan with the timid Kyla.

“I’m actually meeting Jane today” Somyi said.

“Waah, look at this getting a partner for herself” replied Yehana.

“That’s fine, Somyi deserves to be happy” finally Eunchae speaks up.

“How about you Yehana?” Eunice then asked.

“Well, I don’t know”

“Alright, I know a very good ramen shop around that you guys might want to try?” the eldest said.

“Unnie, aren’t you going with your bandmates?” Eunchae questioned.

“Well, I’m bringing Sungyeon with me” she replied.

“Yehey! Let’s go!” Yehana exclaimed.

They were headed to the ramen shop and Eunchae still couldn’t hide the hurt she was feeling. Eunice was besides her silently watching the younger girl. Meanwhile, Yehana and Sungyeon were in front of them happily chatting with each other.  

“Seems like our youngest is getting along with your friend” Eunice said trying to break the ice.

“Ah, yes, that’s actually nice since they are from the same school” she replied.

“Yehana seems to be enjoying this trip”

“Yes, she is the most cheerful in our group”

“How about you though?”

That question made Eunchae stop, she didn’t know how to react. Even though she and Eunice are from the same school and somehow have bonded together, Eunchae is still reluctant in opening to anyone else other than her friends especially if it is about the status of her heart.

“I’m fine unnie”

“Your eyes says otherwise”

“What made you say so?”

“Your eyes are the windows to your soul”

“You are indeed a musician, unnie”

“Well, everyone could tell that you are not fine”

Eunchae did not respond but nodded her head. This somehow hits her that she might be affecting her friends as she might be making them worry. Eunice wrapped her arms around Eunchae and smiled at her.

“I’ll make sure you at least enjoy your last day in Japan”

She was dragged forward for a faster phase that startled her. They surpass Yehana and Sungyeon who was in front of them which made the two run after them. They arrived at the ramen shop and her tummy grumble upon inhaling the scent that would surely make you hungry.

Eunice being the one who knew how to speak Japanese leads the three of them into ordering. It was so different from Korea that you have to order from a vending machine and give it to the chef who would prepare everything in front of you. Thanks to Eunice’s skills they were able to order with ease. The older girl was also kind enough to pay for everything which no one complained.

Their order was served and Sungyeon munch on her ramen right away which earn a giggle from Yehana who was enjoying watching the slightly younger girl. Eunice took a kind gesture of blowing Eunchae’s food so she can enjoy it fully. Eunchae does not know why is Eunice so kind to her.

Their lunch was done and they were all thinking of what to do next. Sungyeon wanted to go visit a guitar shop famous in Tokyo but Eunice have other plans which they have decided to part ways for now.

Eunice dragged Eunchae again into another place. Eunchae does not know what her plan was but she let her decide as she really owes her this day. She really saves her Japan trip. It was not that big but that gesture made Eunchae so thankful to Eunice. They arrived in their destination and Eunchae’s jaw dropped upon seeing where they are.

“Wow!”

“Let’s enjoy this day”

“Unnie, thank you!”

“No worries” and Eunchae was dragged inside the arcade shop.

They started playing some games and Eunchae lost herself with all the arcade games she sees. Eunice did not let the younger girl spend any centavo. She was clearly after the happiness of Eunchae.

Eunchae asked Eunice to play Tekken with her and surprisingly the younger girl was so good at it that Eunice loses with a K.O. She actually do not understand but she felt being knocked-out everytime she sees Eunchae smiles.

The younger girl then dragged Eunice to play Time Crisis and this time Eunice did not let her guard down and played so well. She does not want Eunchae to blame if they lose. They then went to the vending machine and this time it was Eunice who was lost in her own world. The yellow minion toys were sending her bliss which Eunchae find so cute. She does not know that the bassist of the most famous school band is so into minions.

The row of claw machines with various plushies were heaven for Eunice. She tried to catch some of the toys but she failed miserably. Eunchae was laughing so hard everytime Eunice curses when she almost win some of the toys. She then feels bad when she saw Eunice so low after not winning anything. Eunchae went to try catching one and low and behold she was able to do so in one try. She waited for Eunice to finish her game.

Eunice noticed that Eunchae was not beside her. She stopped her tracks and tried to find the younger girl. She turned around and saw Eunchae with a medium size minion in her hands. She was smiling brightly and waving its hand to her.

“Unnie, this is for you”

“But –“

“No buts, take it as a payment for everything you spent for us today.”

Eunice just smiled and accepted the plush toy. Eunice reached out for Eunchae’s hand which the later gladly took. They went to stroll the city lights as it adorn the street of Tokyo, the two decided to try some foods from the convenience store which Eunchae really wanted to do so but unable cause of the pain she had been enduring for the past days.

They also spot a store that sells cute merchandises like clothes, pajamas and everything you need at home. Eunice saw another of her favorite character and immediately bought it even without knowing what it was.

Eunchae laughed at the older girl’s antics she didn’t know that Eunice has a great love for anime characters. She just learned that the girl likes Minions and any characters from the Simpsons. Eunice saw her being amaze and encourage her to look around for something she might like. Eunchae obeyed and that’s all Eunice needed to get Eunchae a gift.

They finished buying some stuff and Eunice asked Eunchae if she wanted to get some dessert. Eunchae did not hesitate to say yes as her stomach was already growling. They settled in one of the nearby coffee shops and enjoyed the remaining time they could get before they had back to Korea.

Eunice was silently enjoying her coffee and the girl across her was watching her every move which she suddenly felt. She looked at her and gave her a “is-there-something-on-my-face” look. Eunchae smiled and looked down for a moment before speaking.

“I just really want to thank you unnie”

“I’m glad you enjoyed it”

“I thought this trip will be a disaster but you save it”

“If you don’t mind me asking, are you in love with Jenny?”

“Yes”

“You didn’t know she has a girlfriend?”

“Yes”

Eunice sighed. She knew for a fact that the Eunchae was in love with Jenny and she knew that the girl really have no idea about her relationship with Eunjin. No one was at fault, they are just individuals who followed their hearts but in this world where one is destined for someone, there will always be that someone who will fall for someone who is not destined to be theirs.

“She was my crush since I enter AID Institute but as time passes y I feel for her even more”

Eunice was just silent, listening what was the younger girl has to say.

“She was my inspiration but now I don’t know”

“Eunchae, you have to remember that love is package with pain. And pain is demanded to be felt. Maybe this is just for you to learn, to see that she might be not the one for you. You have to let go to accept new people in your life”

“Maybe, I will but it may take time”

“Here”

“Unnie, what’s this?”

“It’s a bracelet. An angel wings”

“Why are you giving this to me?”

“Because an angel like you deserves to be love and taken care of”

---------0--------

A/N: Hey guys! I know I made a poll on who you wanted me to write but this is different from the winning pair. I'm sorry I got inspired by a certain song that fall perfectly for the hurting Eunchae. I know it was a lil bad for me to hurt Eunchae like that but you know she needed to experience pain to learn what love is. 

Next Chapter will be XiRe (PROMISE!). Waah, I can't believe this chapter almost reach 2k words, I was writing this chapter for 2 hours with a lot of commercials and I blame Mortal Kombat X and King of Fighters for that (I was trying to download those games while writing but they are talikng so much time!).

So yeah, I hope you enjoy this chapter and yes they are going back to Korea.