Weekend plans

All I need

Finally, it was time for the weekend. Daesung waited patiently outside the library, sitting on one of the benches. It had been 30 minutes already, with no sign of TOP. Just when Daesung started to leave, TOP drove up. He parked the car and hurried over to Daesung.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. Traffic was crazy." He said

Daesung nodded.

"That's fine. Well, let's go." He said, heading inside the library.

"So, what do you think of our topic?" TOP asked, trying to make conversation.

Daesung shrugged, looked down.

"W-well...I chose it. So I guess it's fine. I have Anxiety so I'll at least be helpful a little bit." He said quietly.

"You have anxiety? I mean...I get anxious too. Everybody gets anxious, that doesn't mean you have anxiety though." TOP stated.

"B-but I've been to a doctor and-"

"Well..sometimes doctors don't know what they're talking about. You can't trust anybody, but yourself." TOP interupted.

Daesung looked down, shyly.

"You don't understand." He whispered.

"No I do. You feel like the sky is falling all the time. Right?" 

Daesung stayed quiet.

"Just forget it. Let's move on." He said.

TOP shrugged.

"Whatever."

"So, do you think we should use this book? Or this one?" Daesung asked.

"Whatever." TOP replied.

Daesung narrowed his eyes.

"Um...okay..." He said.

"Um...how about we continue this next weekend?" He asked.

"Whatever."

"Ugh. Why do you always say whatever?!" Daesung said loudly.

"Because I don't care about this." TOP said.

Daesung rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Well, you should. Because, I'm not doing this project myself." 

"Fine." 

After a few weeks, TOP And Daesung had been hanging out more and more to get the project finished. They seemed to be getting along a little better, TOP even started taking more interest in the  subject. He was taking more interest in Daesung too. One day, TOP stopped by Daesung's house to pick him up. But Daesung seemed more on edge than usual. 

"What's your problem?" He asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"You sure? You don't seem fine."

"Dammit I said I'm fine!" Daesung yelled.

TOP stared at him, shocked. He stayed quiet. They worked for a few hours on the project. Daesung still seemed nervous.

"Do you...want to go for a walk somewhere? To help you relax?" TOP said calmly.

Daesung looked at him for a few minutes, and nodded slowly.

"Yea sure." He said quietly.

They decided to go through downtown. Bad idea. As they were walking, Daesung was getting more tense. His eyes watered, he felt shaky, he felt hot and cold at the same time, his heart started racing. In general, he felt like he wanted to break down and cry. There was so many people there, that it was getting overwhelming for him. He started crying and ran to an alley way, away from the crowded streets. He sat on the ground, against the wall, and rocked back and forth. TOP got worried, and followed.

"Daesung? What's the matter?" He asked, seeming genuinely worried.

Daesung stared at him, and shook his head slightly.

"I'm going to fail. I can't do this. I need to pass school, my parents are going to kill me if I don't. And then, I need to get a successful career, and marry a woman even though I don't want to. I need to do all these things and more to please my parents and i-"

"Daesung! It's okay. Calm down, you're okay." TOP said calmly, rubbing Daesung's shoulders.

Daesung leaned against TOP, crying.

"Daesung? Do you want to stay at my place tonight? It is the weekend afterall." TOP asked.

Daesung nodded quickly.

"Yes please." He whispered, still sobbing.

TOP wiped his tears gently.

"Lets go." He said helping Daesung up.

Daesung smiled.

"Thank you...uh.. nobody has ever helped me through one of those before..." He said

TOP tilted his head.

"What...was that? Are you okay?" TOP asked.

"That, my dear, was an anxiety attack..." Daesung muttered.

"Oh..." TOP answered.

"W-well...let's get you some peace and quiet, so you can try to calm down a bit, huh?" 

Daesung nodded and followed TOP.

They arrived at TOP's house. 

"You have a nice house." Daesung said.

"Oh thank you. My parents put a lot of work into this place." He answered.

"Hey Mom, hey Dad, this is Daesung. He's my partner for a project at school. Can he stay the night?" TOP asked.

"Oh sure!" His dad said happily.

"Hello Daesung! My, aren't you a cutie? I'll bet the girls are all over you huh?" His mom said.

Daesung blushed and laughed.

"Uh...y-yea...I guess so..." He said, looking at TOP.

"We're going to my room now. Goodnight." 

Daesung followed quickly.

"Sorry about them, the only person I really ever have over is Jiyong. He is my best friend. So they get excited when I bring someone else over." TOP said.

"Oh it's alright. They seem nice." Daesung said, yawning.

"Tired?" TOP asked.

Daesung nodded.

"Anxiety attacks take a lot out of a person." He responded.

"Aww well, you can have my bed, I'll have the floor." 

"Oh I don't want to intrude on your space.."

"No it's fine. I insist." TOP said, already starting to set up blankets on the floor.

"Okay. Well...thank you." Daesung said, crawling on the bed.