Midnight

All I need

Over the next year, things were going great. Daeusng and TOP were moved in together, they both had good jobs, and life seemed perfect. Until one night. It happened to be their 2 year anniversary. TOP had been working a lot, he forgot. Daesung tried calling, but no answer. Daesung bought some flowers, a card, and a jacket TOP had wanted. They were left sitting on the counter. Daesung waited patiently for at least a text. But got nothing. Finally, hours later, TOP called to say he was on the way home.

"Hey baby! I'm on the way home. Just wanted to tell you." He said

Daesung was quiet.

"Okay. Thanks." He said coldly.

"Babe? You okay?" TOP asked.

Daesung hung up the phone, and started sobbing. 

"How could he forget our anniversary?!" He yelled.

A while later, TOP entered the apartment.

"Hi baby." He said, going to hug Daesung.

Daesung started crying and pushed him away.

"What's wrong?" TOP asked.

"You forgot." Daesung muttered.

"Forgot what?" TOP asked.

Daesung stared at him.

"Our anniversary?!" He yelled.

A look of guilt fell across TOP's face.

"Baby i-"

"No. Just...forget it. Don't talk to me right now. You know if you didn't want to be together you could have just said so." He said.

"Baby. Are you really this mad over this? Seriously?" TOP asked.

Daesung glared at him.

"Well, that's great. Thanks at least I know this relationship was important to me." He muttered.

"I'm going for a walk. I'll see you in a while." He said sadly, slamming the door.

"Daesung wait! I'm sorry!" TOP yelled 

Daesung went to the closest bar, and starting taking shot after shot. He took as many as he could handle, before being cut off. He paid and left the bar, he started walking down the street. Suddenly, he felt a punch to the head. He fell down hard, and looked up. He noticed it was the same guy who beat him up at school a the year before. His eyes widened. The guy had unfinished business. He began yelling at Daesung, calling him derogatory slurs and kicking him.

"ing f**! You deserve the worst!"

Daesung started crying, he suddenly wished TOP was there to save him, like last time.  

"You deserve to die!" The guy yelled, kicking him hard, one last time, before deciding enough was enough, and leaving Daesung there alone. 

Daesung cried and stayed still on the cold cement ground. He cried heavily, he was bleeding quite a lot. But he couldn't scream for help. He closed his eyes, in hope that it might have been just a terrible nightmare. His eyes sprung right back open. He tried to yell for TOP, but nobody was coming. No sound left his lips. TOP was getting worried, he had to go find him. He drove down every place he could think of to find Daesung. 

"I'm so sorry Daesung. I promise I'll find you and make it up to you." He whispered to himself, sobbing.

Suddenly, he noticed movement near a bar. He slammed on the breaks, and jumped out of the car.

"Daesung!!" He yelled, running to him.

Daesung could barely keep his eyes open. His eyes kept fluttering, but he saw a glimpse of TOP.

"Baby...?" He mouthed, unable to truly speak.

"I'm right here baby. I'm right here. I'm not leaving." He whsipered, gently holding Daesung, and helping him to the car.