008

That night

Sundays are always the worst, whether it's because of the new boring and exhausting week that is about to start or because of the strange feeling of unappreciated free time.

At least, it was Hanbin's point of view when he woke up that morning, the sun burning high in the sky and the unexpected freezing other side of the bed greeting him. It was the coldness of the mattress that made him open his eyes when he reached out an arm to search for someone's tiny frame, but the lack of noise in his apartment immediatly informed him that no one else except him was there. No hint of the smaller boy. No honey-like voice, no radiant warmth, no flowery fruity scent, just the heavy loneliness back again ...

Who could he blame if not himself ? He let Jinhwan go, and he left.

He wasn't the type to stay in bed all day to ruminate over his mistakes and only knew one place to wander around when he was feeling down. Straightening his body effortlessly, the second his feet touched the soft carpet of the bedroom floor, the ringbell resounded through all the pieces. His ears were always too sensible in the morning and the sharp sound was enough to cause him a start of a headache. Sighing heavily before taking a look at the clock hanged on the opposite wall, he managed to find a dirty tee-shirt on the floor and put in on before heading to the door. Opening it with a slighly bored expression, he faced the man in front of him with a knowing stare. The younger tilted his head to the side and he served him with a sweet laugher, showing his small canines.

- So, how was your night ? Oh wow, seems like a hurricane came in here !

His little blond head forced the passage between the door framing and Hanbin's body to take a better look at the disaster, and as his smile grew bigger, he didn't seem to be disappointed by his discovery. The taller finally moved to the side to let him in and he took a prudent step forwards, entering the hallway. His eyes quickly checked here and there before looking up at Hanbin's face.

- Was he some sort of savage animal or .. ? He half-asked with a mocking tone, making his way through the debris to install himself in a curled up position on the soft couch.

Hanbin followed him and dropped his heavy body on the floor, sitting cross-legged and laying down his cheek on the other boy's lap. As soon as he did, the blond boy put his right hand on top of his head and playfully twiddled with his hair.

- No .. He was really calm in fact. I just happened to be a bit too eager to taste his blood and I scared him. I ended up chasing him in the entire apartment and he was panicked, bumping into every single objects. He didn't even spare the beautiful lamp you and Bobby bought me.

- Don't lie to me.

His body went stiff for a second when the word "lie" crossed Donghyuk's lips. He feared the younger could have known he was lying about the real reason why his apartement was a mess and he didn't want to talk about his nightmares with him right now. If Donghyuk were to hear about Jinhwan knowing he had sleeping disorder, he knew the other would directly rush out of the building and send dozen of Heirs after the small boy. He already knew why the blond one was here so early in the morning but he wanted to postpone the important talk as much as possible. He just wanted to enjoy the soft touches brushing his scalp a little more.

- I know you hated it. It's more like a relief for you not to have if in the frame anymore.

They laughed quietly for a short while after his joke and Hanbin closed his eyes, now feeling relaxed near the younger. He wanted to see Bobby soon too, but the nightclub's boss had been busy taking care of this and that those days so occasions were rare for them to meet. Even if they weren't relatives, he liked to see him as an older brother and moreover, as a best friend. He still remembered the first time their eyes met though, and it were certainly the first worth-it seconds of his life.

 

 

The park where he decided to rest was completely empty at this late hour and he was more than thankful to whoever made him able to find this quiet place. The moon was shining bright in the dark sky and only a few stars were to be seen. Once he was sure no one was around, his forehead crushed against his palms and he tried to slow down the pace of his heartbeat.

He did it again, he bit a man and he his blood.

Resigned, he used the back of his hand to wipe his lips and them out of habit, wincing at the sight of the dark red shade of the stain left from his wrist to his thumb. A shiver ran down his spine when a cold breeze suddenly blew and he regretted wearing only a thin hoodie during this mordacious winter. After putting on his hood to cover his head and face as much as he could, he closed his stinging eyes to take his first rest after three days without a hint of sleep. But a muffled sound snatched him out of his half-conscious state and his fangs lenghtened enough to prick the fragile skin of his mouth. His instincts were always the first to react and before he could realize, he was on his feet facing a total stranger who was smiling like an idiot, brown wavy hair dangling on his forehead.

- 'ssup bro ? Aren't you freezing out there ?

His eyes' smile and bunny teeth gave him a really warm aura but Hanbin just couldn't put a word on the weird feeling climbing up his stomach. The husky voice became louder as his light steps drew him nearer and every inch of the stray boy's body urged him to leave. But in fact, he was frozen on his spot and in the incapacity to move even a single a finger. He'd never experienced something like that before and it certainly was the scarriest thing ever. It seemed like he no longer had control over his own body and the stranger's smile only grew wider.

- Oy boy, calm down, I just wanna talk a bit. Don't try to run away like that.

He then comfortably took place at one edge of the bench on which Hanbin was laying a while ago and allowed the blood-er to sit at the other, their knees almost brushing against each others as the bronw haired one praticed the man's spreading. Hanbin didn't know what to say nor what to do so he just clung his hands together and started rubbing them nervously, hoping the other would leave soon and not daring to lift his chinn up.

- So, what's your name ? Mine's Jiwon, but call me Bobby.

The latter waited for a while and as he didn't try to respond, he added.

- And don't pretend to be mute, I know you have a voice .. At least you tried, Hanbin.

To say that he was surprised was an understatement, he was literally dumbfounded. Who was this man suddenly showing up and calling him by his name when he was about 98 percent sure he'd never met him anywhere ? A gentle laugh escaped from the other's lips and they gazes met again. Hanbin's chocolate brown orbs then reflected Bobby's ones, luminous sapphire blue. A Heir, like him.

Since this unforgettable cold night, Hanbin had always followed Bobby blindy without asking or doubting. He was his unconditional savior and for that, he'd always be faithful to him.

 

 

- Hm .. Hanbin ?

Donghyuk sweet voice called him back to reality and made him lift his head up to face him. His eyes were as soft as ever but his perpetual smile was no longer in sight. Of course the younger wasn't here to ask him about the news, he just wanted to make sure he respected the rules and erased the human's memories as all Heirs were supposed and forced to. Hanbin knew they'd have to talk about Jinhwan sooner or later, and he already braced himself for the scolding-to-come.

- He escaped before I could have try, but I'll find him and do my job. Don't worry.

His friend didn't seem to be convinced by his words, and neither was he, but he prefered to believe he'd be able to cross the older's way again without involving a bunch of muscular buddies raised to hurt and kill. He wouldn't mind if it was someone's else, but no one was going to touch his petty precious, not with him still craving for some more sinful pleasure. Donghyuk sighed almost compassionately and nodded.

- You have 3 days. If you can't find him in this limited time lapse, I can't assure you'll be able to see him again, as you know, Bobby's men aren't tender kids. Want to take these days off from work ? If he left like a thief, he won't show up at the nightclub apparently.

- I'm not sure about it, I should surely talk to Bobby before taking a decision. Is he free today ?

Donghyuk once again nodded and only raised his shoulders in answer, seemingly not aware of their boss' schedule.

- He's my boyfriend but sometimes, I feel like he only have time to rule his business. Managing blood bank sure take a lot of time ..

 

 

The duo entered the piece at the very end of the corridor after knocking on it and receiving the permission to open it. As usual, the room was clean and everything was neatly store at the right place, except Bobby. The latter was nonchalantly sitting on his desk, legs bracing the wind while he was concentrated on tapping something on his phone's screen. When the sound of the door shutting came to his ears, he lifted up his chin and greeted them with his most beautiful toothy smile.

- Hey, babe !

The blond boy laughed shyly before accepting a hug and a soft peck on the lips, losing himself in the hypnotizing scent of Bobby's aftershave mixed with some natural pheromones. Hanbin could only look at his friends with a fond smile, almost proud of them for being so in love. The older eyes then locked with his and he waved his hand to sign him come closer with a creppy smile. The concerned one raised an eyebrow, sceptical, but  manage to align his two feet to enter the surprise collective hug.

- You look like you've been bumped by your crush for the nth time. Take a sit so you can tell me everything, and don't forget the juicy details.

The couple looked at him with sparkling eyes and even if he wasn't sure about what to say, he couldn't disobey, right ?

 

 

- Did you bring the suits so we can try them on before the actual thing ?

- Yeah, I did.

The younger waited for a comment from his team mate but received none and sighed loud enough to be heard, pouting while putting his feet on the low table next to the armchair where he was sitting like a disarticulated lump.

- It's always me doing stuff for you, do you only realize that you should at least thank me ?

- Uh ? Oh yeah, thank you.

The other replied, busy looking at his own reflection in the mirror and fixing his hair with a comb, not really paying attention.

- You were all polite and shy in front of the boss but you're certainly the biggest ungrateful person I know.

- I know that you love me that way, don't you ?

The younger only replied with a puff and crossed his arm on his broad chest, ending there the conversation. After a short silence, he couldn't help but start to talk again, forcing the older to hold back a laugher.

- But I don't get why we can't go in with regular outfits. That would be less flashy, don't you think ? People our age don't go clubbing wearing suits, dress shoes and sunglasses.

His team mate seemed to be done with his hairstyle and turned to face him with a grin.

- Who said we were going there ?