006

That night

Hanbin woke up to an expressionless Jinhwan sitting in front of him that afternoon after their oh-not-so-sweet night of frolics. Memories flashed before his eyes as if he was between the older's legs again and his headache went worse. Sighing loudly, he decided to let his head meet the smooth surface of his pillow and closed his eyes, properly ignoring the other form of life still next to him and hoping for the slumber to embrace him again. Sleep was the only escape he could think of at the moment.

The act had been too good and he enjoyed it too much. He remembered how each centimeter of his skin pleaded for more sensations, how his mind was filled with a misty desire and how his tongue played with the plump lips while his hands ran down the arch body, his ears receiving every single moan as a cry of redemption.

He was anxious about the turn taken by the events, afraid of the fondness he felt for the older in his embrace, mesmerized by the taste of the blood still lingering in his mouth and on his tongue. He was thirsty for more of the red liquor, for more of Jinhwan's scent, for more of Jinhwan. This little guy sure had drove him crazy countless times by now, and they'd only met each other not even 24h ago. What a life.

The second time he woke up, it was to the sound of water dropping regurlarly on the tiled floor of his bathroom. He knew someone was taking a shower, and this someone's heartbeat, that he could hear as clearly as his own, surprisingly became a relaxing melody. It was the moment when he realized how lonely he was on his daily basis. His routine could be summarized as waking up at 7 o'clock in the morning every week day, heading to school with an empty stomach due to the long lost appetite and bearing the boring lessons given by even more boring teachers. His classmates never paid attention to him, and neither did he. He could barely put a name on their faces after all those years, but he couldn't care less. Aside from that, his grades weren't good nor bad, just in between so he could pass from year to year without making too much effort. School was just a means to achieve social recognition and even as a Heir, he felt like he had to match with the human social pattern. Things only go naturally for him when day light yield its place to the darkness of the night where he belongs. The nightclub where he started to work two years ago (merely legal at this time) became his second house and his job as a bartender helped him dealing with his social issues. He learnt how to look at people, how to share a conversation, how to act with gestures to point this or that, ... He didn't expect it to work on Jinhwan by the way.

Speaking of the wolf, the water jet just stopped when his toes encountered the coldness of the parquet and he managed to push on his numb legs to stand up. He quickly crossed the distance between the mattress and the bathroom door and stared at the smaller one with an amused grin, shoulder resting on the solid frame. Wasn't it the smell of his favorite shampoo ? He had to admit that it was quite arousing to be able to smell it on another person, which happily happened to be the same one as the one who slept with him few hours ago, but it may not be reasonable to repeat what they've done if he was to take responsibilities for the several marks on the once flawless skin. Besides, the bite near the neck seemed to be pretty painful and paired with the numerous hickeys, the overall look had many similarities with a white canvas on which one could have splashed red paint randomly. Well, he was the lucky painter of this master piece.

Even if he didn't want to, he had to be honest. He was tug between the desire to have someone to keep him compagny for a little longer and the need to accomplish his duty. So when the older about giving him a shower, he couldn't help but laughed and sent him back to the bedroom to wait for him. The warm water on his body felt like a saving rain and the tension in his limbs left in a blink on an eye. The drops rushed down his face and as his eyes were closed, he heard the familiar sound of drawers being pulled. His lips streched into smile and he turned off the water.

Jinhwan had this relaxing aura always fluttering around him like a protective shelter and it might be the reason why people could feel secure and cared for when they were next to him, and Hanbin was no exception. He gently answered the first questions, happy to be able to feed Jinhwan's curiosity with streams of informations, but it was reckless. He himself knew better than anyone what could happen if humans were left with precious details about them. Yet, revealing his story to something else than four walls somehow lifted tons of weight off his frail shoulders. Humans and Heirs long time ago lived together in a kind of mutual respect, two species that only blood thirst and what they called abilities dissociated. But things turned around and Humans, led by their selfishness and hunger of power tried to decimate the wrong ones. In fact, it worked because Heirs now represented less than ten percent of the worlwide population, but guess who's at the head of the goverment ? Hit the spot. They might be a few, but they were what one would call powerfull : having a finger and an eye on every move made by the Humans, ruling countries and owning businesses, Heirs stayed in the shadows by shining through politics and economics. Humans weren't allowed to know about their existence, so that's why all the interactions were made to be erased. Sometimes, still, there were things they cannot take control of, feelings being an excellent exemple, and here was their only flaw. Goverments, institutions and even the most powerful abilities had no impact on the special spell of the one called love. But it was hard to find, and in the end, only a handful of humans were put in the secret thanks to their Heirs partners. If Hanbin was sure of one thing, it's that between Jinhwan and him, there was nothing close to it, from a far and a close look. So erasing the smaller's memories shouldn't be a problem. He undertook the fact that he used him to satisfy his own needs and felt relieved after having the chance to talk openly, unfortunately, good things always come to an end.

 

 

Nightmares were a sensible subject of his, and if something had to be hidden from every living organisms on this Earth about him, it was those. They were the reason he refused himself to slip into his bed at night, the reason he always waited for the very moment he'd be about to faint to close his eyes and sink into a deep and heavy dreamless sleep. One scenario would never be played twice in his head, but it always reeked with the same creeping feelings that would engulped his body and make him suffocate. The awakening would left him haggard and lost, limbs so numb he wouldn't be able to move before a whole hour and resulting in him, acting like a zombie for the entire day and spacing out at the first occasion, sight lost on something he couldn't see and mind drifting to somewhere he wasn't sure he could return from. The worse about those almost living nightmares was he couldn't remember anything of what he'd have seen or heard. No faces, no colors, no sounds, no decors, just a blinding white and the fear twisting his stomach so hard he felt like throwing up. He was in danger, but why ? Because of who ? No answers, only perpetual questionning and constant fear of falling asleep. He'd tried to talk about it to someone, but how could you explain something you can't put words on ? Exactly, you couldn't. The seconds Jinhwan's mouth let out such words as cry and nightmares, he knew this was a bad thing. Nobody should know about his weakness because then, it would be too simple to make him bend under the pressure, and who knows who were his ennemies ? He was powerful, given a high rank by mother nature and hell knows until where his abilities extended.

Maybe the way he reacted wasn't the best .. It definitively wasn't, but he'd panicked and the only solution that came to his mind was to kill Jinhwan. The latter was really good on his nimb limbs and the chase wasn't what you can call successful, but it may be for the better. His apartment was still immersed in full darkness, but he was sure it was a huge mess. He heard the glasses and porcelain being thrown and breaking on the floor, he remembered bumping in an armchair that shouldn't have been where it was, without forgetting the coat hanger leaning in a weird angle, blocking the hallway. A sigh left his dry parted lips as he let his body rest against the bathroom door. Yes, it was a good thing that Jinhwan had been able to survive through his madness. Hanbin would surely have regretted killing a such beautiful human. Jinhwan and his pretty face, Jinhwan and his adorable smile, Jinhwan and his all ..

He definitively needed some help.

How many hours did they stay silent in this position ? Two ? Three ? When did he start to cry his heart out ? When did he stop ? Sole thing he knew was the sun wasn't shining anymore and that he didn't have any shift to fill in the club tonight. He started to wonder how was doing the older behind the wooden surface separating them when a sweet voice preceded by a loud cough answered his empty thoughts.

- Hanbin, I'm starving in here. Do you still plan on killing me or can I ask you on a date at the nearby fastfood restaurant. Budget restictions, you know.

He swept away the remaining hint of dampness on his cheeks with the back of his hands and laughed quietly as a reply. He heard a thud behind him and before he could straighten his body, he felt the hard surface leaving his back faster than he could anticipate and he fell backwards until his back encountered Jinhwan's legs. His face went up to look at Jinhwan's one which was facing down to him. They stared awkwardly at each other for a while before the older reached out a hand to help him. He grabbed it and welcomed the strong grip on his shoulders when his legs almost give up under him due to the lenghten inertia. His eyes met Jinhwan's once again and he shifted his gaze, feeling uncomfortable. The smaller pushed him slighly towards the entrance door though, ignoring his confused state, and they manage to reach the fastfood without talking. Hanbin was even surprised to see his shoes on his feet. Anyhow, when they were eating silently while looking out the wall-window facing the streets, he tried to thank Jinhwan, even if it sounded a bit off.

- I should be the one thanking you for not ripping my throat at the moment. I shouldn't have recall you about unpleasant things. Sorry too.

A soft chuckle came with the delicate reply, and both of them continued eating their burgers as if nothing happened, as if one wasn't a freaking blood er and the other one freaking mentally deranged for acting as if it was ok.

Little did they know they were being watched.