007

That night

Time sure flies by, but its pace is never the same. Sometimes, you just blink and the day already elapsed before your eyes, other times, even if you blink a hundred, a million times a day, even the second-hand needle seems to be frozen on its spot and betray your hopes of reaching the end of the day without a hint of boredom running round in your head.

Life is like old songs played by a worn tape recorder, forcing us to go through verses and refrains, speed up and slow down buttons in option. When a song comes to its end, a new one starts and the story goes on.

Jinhwan's life, twenty four hours ago, was still in a refrain.

Every day followed the previous one with the same schemes. Waking up, going to school to graduate from his psychology major, alternating classes and practice. Jinhwan was a workaholic when it came to try to understand human's behavior and ways of thinking. He was only 21, soon turning 22, but already in his last year of master degree and teachers couldn't be more pleased by this assidious student. But somehow, he'd been disappointed by the actual thing. Theory promised him exciting and active reflexion on complicated cases with unsure outcomes, but practice put him behind a desk in a lost room in an even more lost middle school. Young teenagers have always been a great concern for him. They were unpredictable, running on hormons and thirsty to discover life's pleasures and unexpected events, those humans being, adult-to-come through the long maturation process were simply fascinating. Thinking he'd been one before would always make him feel dizzy. How could a living form go through that amount of changes, not realize it at the moment and end up drastically metamorphosed while still having the same name and the same face ? Caterpillars change into butterflies, flowers into fruits, humans remain humans ; fascinating. At first, he didn't mind and was rather happy to finally meet fresh blood and not the usual musty smell of his old books, rather happy to finally test his skills and be able to see concrete results, but things turned out to be a little less challenging than he thought it would be. The few students coming to his office were usually dropped here by the principal and had nothing serious to talk about except low grades and no motivation to continue school. He did talk about the fact that it wasn't his field with the directions, but no one seemed to care. God, he wasn't in psychology to talk about some random scholar orientation .. Sometimes though, while talking with the student, he found ways to help them and ended up satisfied with the work accomplished, but not completely satiated. Then, when he felt like dying engulfed in an endless humdrum, an interesting student would show up and it would brighten his mood by a decade, but the sudden joy would always fade at the end of the road and only routine and desillusioned expectations were left. That's why he set his mind on graduating and quitting this middle school as soon as possible.

Coming home after a school day or a work day wasn't fun either. Loneliness would welcome him as an old friend and his empty fridge wouldn't help to cheer up the mood. Acccepting his sad fate, he would have his usual cup of instant noodles and then take a long shower before heading out to the winding of the city by night.

He didn't expect a simple choice to change the song played by his tape recorder though.

The night he met Hanbin, his day had been particularly boring and he needed to take a break from reality. He heard his classmate, was it Yunhyeong perhaps, talking about a new club in town. It was pretty far from their neighborhood but the feeds back were excellent and people kept on bragging about how the atmosphere was incredibly hot inside, and so were the barmen, so he got curious. From his two years of experience, he had etablished his own list of trustworthy clubs, where he found his most merorable partners in fact, but he was an eternal adventurer and his thirst for new experiences seemed inexhaustible.

The question now is : Does he have any regrets ?

It was almost 11 P.M and the night was growing darker and thicker, not a single star glowing in the sky. And here they were, sitting on a bench in an empty park, fingers and toes freezing, tip of the nose and cheeks red, sight lost on an uncertain point. None of them was prepared to talk, but the silence slowly became awkward and he felt the urge to say something to erase the uncomfortable feeling creeping in his stomach.

- What are we supposed to do now ?

His voice sounded awfully hoarse from the elongated mutism, but Hanbin's one was clear and melodious, barely louder than a murmur.

- I don't know. You're asking me to choose between keeping to have nightmares and defying all our rules. I can feel the headache coming if I think too much.

It sure was a true dilemma. Hanbin let out a sigh and bent his neck to put his head on the backrest of the bench, closing his eyes and running a hand through his messy dark brown hair. Jinhwan just watched him do, wondering about how could one be so handsome and attractive so effortlessly. The yellowish streetlights were lightening the path behind the trees, underlining Hanbin's masculine features at the same time. Nose, cheekbones, jawline, everything seemed to have been sculpted in marble. His eyes started to linger shamelessly on the boy sitting next to him and he thanked whoever for the night they spent together under the blankets, lucky guy. He definitively found the younger one good-looking back in the club, but he had to admit, with a sober look, Hanbin was completely at another level. The smooth skin of his neck was exposed by the wide low collar of his white tee-shirt and Jinhwan was tempted for a second to taste it right away. However, he managed to restrain himself before Hanbin opened his eyes and turned his head to lock his mesmeric pupils with his.

- You're waiting for something, I can feel the tension in your muscles. What is it ? Hanbin asked him, same tired expression glued to his charismatic face.

Jinhwan looked at him for several seconds before drawing his body and limbs closer to the other heat souce, their faces not even ten centimeters apart now.

- I'm cold.

Hanbin's lips curled into a smile, breaking his weary look, and his right hand came up to soothe Jinhwan's nape and back of the head. With a light pressure, he made him lean forward into a gentle yet demanding kiss. Letting out a soft moan, his lips parted quickly under Hanbin's expert toying and both exchanged wet greetings. Things were always easier when you don't have to think. The kiss ended at the moment Jinhwan ran out of oxygen and was forced to move back, a hand still playing with strands of his hair at the back of his scalp. He mechanically moistened his lips with his tongue before tormenting them with his teeths, aware of the reddish tone his cheeks must have by now.

- Wanna show me your bedroom again ?

 

 

How they ended up sitting on the edge of Hanbin's bed was still a mystery, but Jinhwan sitting on his laps was another story. Clothes and restrictions had been thrown to the wind without any remorse and both of them were enjoying their bodies' little reunion.

He had for principle to never sleep with the same guy twice to avoid any kind of endearment, but who needs principle when they had Kim Hanbin on top of them ? Hanbin's teeth and tongue on his sensible skin, the burning trails left oh his tiny body by his greedy hands, Hanbin's manliness ; he couldn't get enough of that, and it drove him crazy.

 

Their erratic breathing had stop a while ago but the hazy pleasure remained and the two of them found a comforting place in each other arms. Jinhwan's back was resting against Hanbin's well defined abs and his fingers were playing lazily with the hand on his belly. A soft chuckle escaped from his mouth when Hanbin's nose brushed his scapula with a whine. The younger was clearly sleepy but didn't want to give up without a fight and he couldn't help but find it cute. A gentle groan answered him and Hanbin's lips were on his carotid, peppering butterfly kisses.

- You smell so damn good Jinhwan ..

- Can't you just stop talking for a while and go to sleep already ? You're exhausting.

Jinhwan mocked him with a sweet voice before moving to face him, inviting him in an embrace. The taller one accepted it without a second thought and burried his face against his solar plexus, eyes already closed and breath becoming steadier. Jinhwan's hands reached for the blanket and covered them with it, his little fingers returning to Hanbin's fluffy hair after the duty done. He stared at the younger's calm expression while worries rushed back in his mind. Where were they going and at what cost ? Was he risking his life just to help a blood er with a pretty face ? Why does he feel so attached to a stranger ? Questions were flowing but no answers were given, and following Hanbin's path, he let himself sink in a heavy slumber.

 

 

 

- So, what did you find about them ? I want name, age, address, studies, working places, relatives, habits, .. Anything to knock them down.

The duo looked at each other with a suggestive grin and back at their boss. They've worked their off for this request and they were more than pleased with the collected informations. The taller one stepped forward and drop down a heavy folder on his boss' desk. The concerned one lifted his head up to gauge the files and nodded.

- A nightclub, west of the city. We think that they use this place to gather and exchange rations.

- Good. Does it seems to have a high protection or do you think you can sneek in easily ?

- Well, it seems that anyone can go in, they don't want to arouse attention on them.

- Alright, I leave it to you then. You're my best men and I trust you more than my own family. Anything else ?

The smaller one ran a hand through his hair and sighed when the other elbowed him in the ribs under the probing stare of their boss.

- We .. we're not sure, but we saw a human with one of them. We thought that maybe he could help us if he knows something.

- Who ?

- Kim Jinhwan.