001

That night

The tips of his fingers were nearly freezing because of the winter's wind blowing against his back, flakes flying around him as he made his path to the nearby club. He was walking alone under the street lights, enjoying the crunchy sound of his steps on the small film of snow and finally relaxing from hours of empty talk with his patients. His beanie wasn't really protecting his ears from the cold bite and his nose, even if burried into his wool scarf, started to run. Shoving his hands in his pocket, he reached the entrance of the so crowded place and stood in the line, right behind a group of, as he saw them, high schoolers. Most of the girls were wearing extra short skirts and thick high knee socks, not really comfortable in their heels, half shaking and half laughing with the boys around them. The view was really relatable. He let a huffing laugh escape his dry lips and turned his head to avoid their gazes as they turned to look at him. When the line started to move, at his surprise, the bouncer didn't even stop the group to ask for their ID card, while they were, with no doubt, underage for this kind of extra curricular activies. It was his first time visiting this new born building, and he thought it was the security being flexible to increase the first incomings, but no, it wasn't. Passing by the bouncer himself, he felt a hand grabbing his shoulder and a shiver ran down his spine. He stopped right on his spot, sighing and resisting the need to roll his eyes. Why does it have to be him every single time ?

- ID card, please, said the bouncer while reaching out a hand, waiting for him to show the piece of proof.

He looked up to face the bouncer and smiled bitterly, his hands digging in his pockets to find his wallet. Three seconds passed, and then ten, forcing him to looked down at his own hands to understand what was wrong. Where was his wallet ? The bouncer made him jolt when he coughed, signaling him that he had no time to waste, even more when the line was growing bigger and longer. He suddenly felt embarrassed and whispered a small excuse. He passed his tongue on his lips, trying hard to remember where he could have left his precious wallet and then, tried hard not to facepalm himself when he discovered his mistake.

- I left it in my car, I'm sorry. But, could you please let me in, I walked for something like half an hour, and I- , he said, before being cut by the man in front of him.

- No ID card, no nightclub for you. Sorry but not sorry, people are waiting. We don't have time to waste with kids like you. Next person please.

With that said, the bouncer looked up and tried to push him to the side, checking the next person card. Resigned, he was prepared to head back to his car when a hand, for the second time in less than 5 minutes, grabbed his shoulder.

- Calm down bro, he's with me.

The stranger smiled brightly and passed his arm around the smaller's shoulders, pushing him through the open door while waving at the bouncer. The small guy looked up at his savior, surprised, following him inside the club. His ears were instantly attacked by the loud music and the noisy conversations, eyes blinded by the flashy colored moving light spots and skin tickling due to the sudden rise of temperature. Familiar with that kind of ambience, he relaxed his muscles and let the stranger take off his winter coat to put it in the checkroom.

- Um, excuse me, do we know each other ? He nearly shouted, trying to tiptoe to reach the other's ear.

- No, but I felt like helping a young high schooler to have some fun tonight. No need to say "Thanks" though.

The other chuckled, making the small one bite on his tongue. He was on the verge of responding that he was probably older than him, but the taller pushed him down on a high chair at the counter and rolled up his white sleeves, going behind the bar and taking a glass. He flashed the boy a smile and started to prepare a strange cocktail with some colorful alcohols and some fruit juices that he poured in the shaker. In a blink of an eye, the glass was filled with a good peachy-pinky looking mixture, a slice of pineapple decorating the edge along with a small umbrella toothpick.

- I heard that you forgot your wallet, so that's my treat, the bartender said, crossing his arms on the counter right in front of the little man, his smile never leaving his face. Oh, and don't misundertand, please. Yes, you're really good-looking, and yes, I want to get to know more about you. My name's Hanbin.

He didn't answer at first, smiling while diping his lips in his cocktail. Not bad, but a bit too sweet for me, he thought, not only about the drink itself but also about the bartender. He was used to those little pushing games, knowing way too well how to play if we considered the number of guys who finished in his bed after it, but he decided to go along, his sweet tasting lips and bending over the counter to whisper ( but a bit louder because of their surrounding ) in the other's ears.

- Mine's Jinhwan. Nice to meet you, my not-so-bad-looking hero.

He moved back on his chair, only to see his new prey turning around with a hint of smirk to prepared a supposed ordered drink for the customers next to him. In order to wait for Hanbin's come back, Jinhwan took another sip of his cocktail and looked over his right shoulder, glancing at the dancing floor. Most of people were jiggling to the music thrown by the speakers in the middle of the room, glasses in one hand, the other lost in someone's hair or on an unknown part of a body, clearly running on alcohol. Smaller groups were chatting in some sort of boxes with a table in the center and a big couch going around the partition. He caught a familiar face in the dancing crowd and sniggered at the poor girl who was too drunk to stand straight on her high-heeled-feet. Was right, high schoolers are really something nowadays.

- She's pretty, are you two going to the same high school ?

A voice asked, remembering him about his sweet previous encounter. Turning his head again, he faced the always-smiling boy and smirked at him, letting a sigh skip between his lips.

- I'm turning 22 in less than one month. She's something like 18, and I believe that you're nothing older than maybe 20.

- Hit the right spot .., he said, laughing gently. Does it bother you then ? I mean, the fact that I'm younger and clearly interested.

Jinhwan only raised his shoulders, smiling enigmatically and stood up in front of a dumbfounded Hanbin. He clearly noticed the other's eyes following him as he joined the bouncing group, slowly closing his eyes and letting his body free to follow the rhythm of the bass. It was early enough, around 2 or 3 A.M, so he decided to play the cat-and-mouse game a little longer with Hanbin, to test the latter limits, and also his own.

The bartender was really interesting, and after a good look, god damn hot.