A Double Date

Groupie Love

Moonbyul’s POV

“Sorry to come late. I am Solar Kim.”

The sweet velvety voice greeted both of us, well maybe more to Tiffany as her eyes fixed at the woman, before she bowed and beamed another wide smile. I was totally startruck for whatever that was happening that time as I still sat at my place, watched the girl with my eyes opened wide and a not-so-helpful heart that kept on beating like only God knows how. Yes, thanks to this heart of mine, I was completely speechless which was so unusual for me.

“It’s okay, Solar-ssi. Please have a seat beside this big boy over here.”

I turned my head back toward Tiffany direction and spared a dead glare to the woman which unfortunately she ignored it. Tiffany was so engaging herself with the new guest who just arrived there as she kept on giving her famous eyesmile to the girl who has been called as Solar. I secretly snorted and embraced myself as I kept my gaze toward the wooden desk, didn’t dared to look at the girl or to whatever that was happening that time.

I heard the empty chair beside me has been pulled by someone, or should I say Solar was the one who did that. As her body got closer to mine, I could sniffed the familiar scent of perfume through my nostril and it automatically made my nose scrunched up. Vanilla mixed with strawberry. Sweet, soothing and tempting. How the smell used to always calm me down whenever I felt stress and tense. The thought of it made my heart pang because of the feeling of guilt and pain.

Yes, say whatever you want. But I still couldn’t move on. From the painful bittersweet memories.

I heard Tiffany cleared super loud, seems like she wanted to grab my attention to look at her. I took a deep breath before I lifted my head back and blankly stared at Tiffany, showed an unfamous poker face of mine. I kept my mouth shut, waiting for Tiffany next words. But you know, I couldn’t helped myself to steal some glances toward my right direction.

Solar keeping her head down, fiddling with her fingers and her chubby cheeks flushing clear deep crimson pink. The sight of it made my heartbeat faster and can’t denied, it was one of the most interesting sights to watch for.

“As you two are here already, might if you two introduce yourselves with each other?”

“Great.” I muttered slowly under my breath, tried my very best to not let the word get notice by both of the women. My feet were starting to tap on the floor non-stop, the habit every time I felt nervous like hell. I scrubbed both of my palms as they started to get sweaty. Alright, Moonbyul. ‘Just do it quick and act cool.’ After several courageous words that I gave to my own self, I took a deep breath and my lips tried to form a smile that as sincere as possible. Then, I slowly turned my head towards the right direction while secretly inside my heart, I wished that I would not say something weird or stupid.

I stretched out my right hand, offered a friendly handshake to the girl which she replied back with a surprise face. ‘Oh, don’t look at me like that.’ I awkwardly smiled to her even that I can felt my heart almost jump out from the ribcage, for the very second time of that day. “I’m Moon Byulyi, Moonbyul for short.. Nice to meet you, Solar?”

‘! My voice sounds like a weird old man.’

The girl looked a bit hesitated at first, but then with her still wide smile like before, she accepted my handshake. There, I felt my hand tensed after it touched with the soft hand of hers.

Electrifying.

‘What is this?’

“Nice to meet you too, Moonbyul-ssi.”

‘Moonbyul-ssi?’ What’s with the formality? I started to feel tense so I quickly asked her. Or maybe, sounds more like a plead for me. “Just call me Moonbyul.” With full courage, I stared straight into her beautiful mesmerizing brown orbs with the pair of my burning eyes like they were saying, ‘I miss you so bad’ directly to her.

And Solar quickly ran her gaze away from me.

Hmm.

“Oh my, you two look just like have known each other already!”

Tiffany chuckled wholeheartedly as I can saw her eyes still observing both of our interactions toward one another. I scoffed and gave an awkward grin to Tiffany as I looked back to the woman direction. ‘Yes noona, we did know each other already. More than you can imagine.’ I thought to myself as an unusual smirk started to make its own way through my lips. The girl beside me became quiet back like before.

‘Guess what? This is entertaining I suppose to say.’

“Ah, I have an idea!”

I looked toward Tiffany direction as the woman now was beaming her eyesmile again as her hands were dancing in a weird way. That sight made me secretly laugh inside but I still anticipated to know what is the idea that Tiffany wanted to say. ‘I wonder how can Taeng fell for this weird woman in front of me?’

“You two would surely collaborate with each other sooner. So why don’t you two get into a comfort zone first? Let’s hangout together! I would bring my boyfriend with me. How’s that sounds?”

‘Brilliant!’ I was secretly smiled ear to ear after I heard Tiffany’s suggestion. Thanks to Tiffany who has a brilliant brain and undeniably gorgeous with a mix of half Korean and half American face as she was originally grown up in California when she was still small. But the answer slipped out from the other girl’s mouth made my lips turned upside down. And I felt a bit… disappointed.

“I think… I would let that pass. Sorry.”

I secretly held both of my knuckles until they turned pale and gritted my teeth due to the mixes kind of feeling that started to creep inside my heart. Angry? Frustrated? Sad? I don’t know. But all that I know right now is I can really felt my heart cracked, almost on its way to break into how many million pieces that only God knows why.

“Oh come on, Solar! I can guarantee you, it would be so much fun! Trust me.”

Why did Tiffany insisted for it too much? I watched Tiffany’s expression and she was now making her unusual aegyo, which I found it was worth to cringe for. And then I stole another glance toward the girl beside me and without my expectation, she looks back. The sign of doubt was clearly written all over her drop dead beautiful face.

It was like she wanted to say something to me but then she hurriedly ran her gaze away from me again. I let out a heavy sigh as I stared at my own feet hopelessly.

“A-Alright then, I would follow you guys..”

Did I hear it right? I lifted my head to look at her back, and this time she gave a sweet smile to the both of us. But it only felt like 3 seconds she smiled to me before she looked at Tiffany back. I couldn’t denied the slightest feeling of joy that started to creep inside my heart. I am very happy to hear that honestly.

“Good! Then it’s settled. We would have… a double date! Yes, totally double date. Sounds fun!”

I tried to observe Solar’s reaction of that ‘double date’ idea. She did looks surprised at first but then her face started to flush into deep red like tomato as she bowed her head low and started to play with her fingers again. I secretly smiled meaningfully.

This is the chance.

I would make her fall in love with me.

Totally.

End of Moonbyul’s POV

________________________________________________________

 I know this is a short update but I couldn't helped to post this quick. *grinned* Get ready for some fluff moments and some greasiness in the next update? *kekeke* Wait for it. ^^