Let Her Go (Part 1)

Groupie Love

A/N: Guys, I decided to write a few parts for this chapter as I told it is extra long. And I recommend to listen "Let Her Go" by Passenger while reading this whole chapter as it's all kind of related to the lyrics of the song, as the lyrics would be written in blue colour. And this whole chapter would be Moonbyul's point of view. :)

Moonbyul’s POV

“Staring at the bottom of your glass,

Hoping one day you’ll make a dream last,

But dreams come slow and they go so fast.

It’s been three months that I’ve accepted the offer to become a trainee in S & M Entertainment. What can I say? Everything went well like how I planned after all those years. I tried my hardest and never stop practicing every single day and night. Yes, it was completely tiring, exhausting. I have to go to my college every morning and then I would go practice at S & M official building to practice as soon as my classes ended. Plus, my vocal trainer, Mister Daniel who is a former solo singer back then when I was still a small kid, kept encouraging me to try hit the high notes. I’m not used to hit the high notes when I’m singing. But at least I tried and Mister Daniel was very impressed as he would always gave me compliments about that. I enjoyed every moment of it even that I can felt my throat starting to feel pain but who cares. It is my biggest dream after all.

It’s also been three months since the incident in Yongsun’s house. I was dumbfounded until now, Yongsun kept her last words. She really bid me goodbye. I don’t know where she is right now. I tried to search for her everywhere. I went to her apartment just to be told by the landlord that she has moved out. Then, I tried to look for her at her campus and she was nowhere to be found. Even some of her friends that I have met couple times before said that Yongsun would always went missing right after her classes end. Because all of the reasons, I can’t denied that my heart started to feel sad, worry, disappoint, regret and scare.

Scared that Yongsun is truly leaving me.

I slowly sipped the cappuccino that I have ordered a while ago. I was now taking my free time to rest at one of my favourite cafes in Seoul, ordered my usual favourite coffee and sat at my favourite spot in the café which is right beside the glass wall.

My eyes fixed back at the white envelope on the table and I heaved a heavy sigh. I felt so empty right now and didn’t know what to do and what to think of. I opened the envelope back and read the small rectangular card that has been decorated nicely, again. Should I feel sad or mad at this time right now? I read the sentence that captured most of my attention back loud and clear, so that I can convince myself that it is all true.

“We would like to invite Mr. Moon Byulyi to be one of the guests at our wedding ceremony, Oh Sehun and Jung Soojung.”

I can saw some of the customers who sat nearby spared a glance at me. Well, I just couldn’t care less. My broken heart truly and honestly needs a lot more attention from that. Yes, I admitted that I felt my heart broke into million pieces because of that so-called shocking news. For the nth time of that day, I took a deep breath and let it all out with a pretty heavy heart.

Become a solo singer is my biggest dream. But, I also have another one big dream that I always keep in mind since I couldn’t remembered when. And that dream is to propose Jung Soojung, who I used to call as ‘Krystal’ since the first day we met with each other, to be my wife. I truly meant it, I loved her so much that I couldn’t even described how. But after all those years of rocky road that we always fought with each other, break up and then get back again, just to be ended in this way. To hopelessly look at her get marry with another man, which might be that he deserves to be her husband more than my own self.

I took a last sip of the cappuccino and put the small cup back on the table. Foolishly engaged myself to just stare at the bottom of the cup with my miserable mind. I have been longing keep that one dream and it’s so slow to be fulfilled, yet it went away just as fast as wind. What should I do now?

And that question was left unanswered.

---

You see her when you close your eyes,

Maybe one day you’ll understand why,

Everything you touch surely dies.

“Hey Byul, got anything else to do?”

I was shoving all of my belongings inside my bag when I have been greeted by my best friend which is also one of the trainees in S & M Entertainment, Byun Baekhyun. Good-looking, not so tall, such a weird person yet so full of himself. But could turn to be serious and professional when it involves his works and most importantly he has a superb amazing voice.

“No. Why?”, I asked him back, paid all my attention toward him after I’ve finished with my work.

Baekhyun gave his famous square shaped smile and looked at me with a pair of sparkling eyes. There he goes again. I heaved a sigh and looked at him back with a face that I tried my best to show as exhausted as hell. Hoped that would trick his sympathy, but clearly it’s failed. With a voice that sounds exactly like a lazy head, I gave up. “Alright, alright. Where you want me to treat for late dinner this time?”

Unsurprisingly, he jumped like a kid and shook my shoulders crazily made me moved back and forth. Gosh, this big kid. But honestly I didn’t mind at all. After all, we are best friends and he is someone that I could always rely to. Even though his antics sometimes can make me feel annoy, but I just couldn’t care less about it. In fact, I feel truly grateful to meet with Baekhyun in this company, sometimes get to practice together with him and we become best friends since the first day I joined as a trainee until right this time.

“Hey, mind if you take me to your old workplace? If I’m not mistaken, it was ‘Eclipse Bar’, right?”

I felt my heart thumping crazily for a while before I quickly calmed myself down back. It has been three months that I have not pay a visit to the bar since my last performance there. But I can’t denied that I want to go there too for so damn bad. Thank God that Baekhyun has suggested that place on that evening, so I agreed without any doubt. Truthfully is I missed that place like crazy.

Thankfully that it’s not late already that we can called a taxi to go there which is not that far from our company building. I politely told our destination to the middle aged taxi driver. The older man smiled at me which I replied it back nonetheless before the yellow cab started to move.

In our way to the bar, we were in a comfortable silence before Baekhyun finally voiced out. “Can I ask you something? I hope… you don’t mind.”

I frowned and looked at Baekhyun who sat at the front seat beside the driver, while his head turned back towards my direction. He looks a bit hesitated as there was like something bothering his mind. So I nodded my head, gestured him to continue.

“Did you already find the girl?”

I froze at my place and speechless. Completely beware of who was the girl that Baekhyun just mentioned. I hung my head low as the feeling of guilt started to make my heart and mind suffered thinking about that again. I let out a heavy sigh and shook my head slowly. Baekhyun saw my reaction and quickly gave a small smile maybe to encourage me before he turned his head back to the front.

I missed you, Yongsun-ah.

Couple minutes later, we finally arrived at the bar. So we quickly walked out of the cab and handed over some wons to the taxi driver before the cab drove away. I took a long time to observe the building and unconsciously a smile crept on my lips. Nothing change. I quickly invited Baekhyun to go inside, so we walked into the bar, and yes the bar is just the same. The scent of the bar made me felt like home. Ah, how I missed this place so much and it never change.

Unexpectedly, the bar is not busied like before but still there were a lot of customers. And even his so-called fan girls who always came to the bar to watch his performance were nowhere to be found. I reminisced Taeil’s words back, and I chuckled without knowledge.

“My God, Byul is that you?”

As we still stood at the middle of the bar, I was greeted by a familiar male voice from behind and I quickly turned around. “Taeil!”

Without waste a single second, Taeil pulled me into a warm hug and excitedly shrieked beside my ears. “Oh Byul, we really missed you so much, handsome boy.” Because of that, I couldn’t helped myself but to tear in joy after couple weeks without a meeting with this man. After for quite a long time, we pulled from the hug and I quickly introduced Baekhyun and Taeil with each other. Then, Taeil brought us to the table that is placed right in front of the small stage.

There I saw a young man maybe just around my age, replaced my former role in the band as a singer. The other members of the band who play the instruments saw me and gave a wholehearted smile. I replied back warmly and waved at them mischievously which successfully made them laughed. Secretly inside my heart, I felt grateful that the band still performs just as best as before and even the new singer’s voice is good too.

Baekhyun and I spent the evening by chatted about a lot of stuffs and sometimes I would cracked myself hearing to Baekhyun’s ridiculous jokes. Suddenly, Taeil came to our table and asked me to sing, which successfully made me nervous. I tried to decline it but Taeil insisted on it so I have no choices. After all, I have a small intention to sing back on that stage as soon as I entered the bar.

“Can’t wait, Byul! Rock this place.”

I let out a small grin after I heard Baekhyun’s encouraging words. So I took a deep breath before I climbed the stairs one by one before I exactly stood right at the middle of the stage. The new singer gave a big warm smile to me and handed me his guitar. I hung it on my shoulder and held it tight in both of my arms as I said thank you to the young man before he went to the back stage. I took a last long glance at all the other members of the band and we exchanged smile towards each other. I heaved a relieve sigh, feeling the incredibly pleasure kind of feeling inside my heart.

I closed both of my eyes to stay calm before I opened them back slowly. As I wondered my eyes looking at all of the customers who were ready to watch my performance, there I saw a familiar face. A very familiar face that I missed like crazy. A gasp secretly let out from my mouth as my heart started to pound in an unsteady beat. God, show me that it is true.

Show me it is truly Yongsun who stood at the middle of crowds, looking straight to my eyes, with her usual beautiful smile on her gorgeous face. I closed my eyes back and opened them, just to make my heart shattered into pieces. I tried to look around for one last time and have been left disappointed. I don’t know why I felt like my hands started to feel awkward when I held the guitar, just like I’m not used to it. And my mood to sing on that evening dropped completely.

Because I realized, it was just my imagination. My eyes play trick on me. Truthfully, Yongsun was not there.

She’s… just nowhere to be found.

________________________________________________________

A/N: I would continue in the next update. Feel free to leave your thoughts about this. ^^