Let Her Go (Part 2)

Groupie Love

 Continue from previous chapter.

____________________________________________________________

Staring at the ceiling in the dark,

Same old empty feeling in your heart,

Cause love comes slow and it goes so fast.

After took a pretty long bath in the tub, I walked into my room and quickly wore all my clothes. Things that I usually did for almost every day, as I threw my body onto my precious king size bed. Put both of my hands behind my head, used them as a pillow. I stared blankly toward the white ceiling above, thought about a lot of stuffs that I have been missed. That soft velvety voice kept haunting my mind.

“Byul-ah, you are my only guy friend that I ever have, you know that?”

“Byul, stop acting like a five years old boy!”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you..”

“No matter how hard the situation is, I would always stay by your side.”

I scratched my head hard until it made my hair that just been combed a while ago turned messy back. I growled inside my room as the feeling of frustration grew bigger inside of me. Why should it turn this way? Where are you, Yongsun? You said that you would always stay by my side no matter what but why did you were missing all of a sudden?

I grabbed my phone which was placed on the small table beside my bed. Clicked on the contact numbers, I scrolled down and search ‘Yeba’ which is the contact name that I have put for Yongsun. I bit my lower lips as I was hesitated to press the call button but I shrugged it off and ignored my inner ego. I quickly tabbed the call button just to be left disappointed as the operator told the number that I have dialled could not be reached, or should I say didn’t existed anymore.

She even changed her phone number as well. I let out a heavy sigh as my mind has completely blank, didn’t know what to do anymore. Should I try to search for her once again? But I don’t know where she could be and I have completely lost idea to where she is right now. Huh, Kim Yongsun, why you do this to me?

“I love you. More than a best friend, Byul-ah.. I really love you, Moon Byulyi.”

Yongsun’s sudden confession on the day we last met with each other rang back into my mind. Her shaky and a bit nervous yet sounds truly sincere voice made my heart sank and felt like it has been sliced through deeply by a sharp knife. I brought my left hand to my chest, felt the unsteady heartbeat and then heaved the nth sigh for that day. Secretly, I can’t denied that I started to feel this unusual and totally weird kind of feeling grows inside my heart. It couldn’t be true.

As I felt my phone suddenly vibrated, I quickly took it and looked at the name that showed on the black screen. I frowned. Why the heck is that girl calling me at this kind of time? Started to feel annoy by it, I just ignored the call until it finally ended. But unfortunately, the upcoming calls were endless and I felt unease. Want it or not, I have to answer the call unwillingly.

“Yes, Krystal? Don’t your future husband will get mad..”

“Thank God you finally answered my call. Now, listen!”

I snorted loudly as Soojung quickly cut my words like a boss. What is she trying to do? After freaking three months, she finally called me and try to act like nothing’s happened. Even that I still have tiny bit of feeling that I keep toward her but I won’t let myself being fooled for this time. Never.

“I don’t want to trust any lies from you anymore, Krystal.”

I heard a complete silence on the other line as soon as I said those words. Even though I felt kind of guilty, but I couldn’t care less. What she has done to me before was a lot more painful from that. After several seconds, I heard Soojung heaved a sigh from the other line before she exclaimed apologetically.

“I’m sorry, Moonstar. I admit that I’m stupid for doing such mistake to you. You really are one of the nicest men that I have ever met in my entire life. And I was truly regret for doing that. I am selfish. Sorry..”

I was speechless when I heard Soojung sobbed on the other line. I bit my lips and thought deeply inside my head. Should I be selfish and not forgive her at all? After all, even that I couldn’t make her as my wife like how I always dreamt, but she still my best friend since our childhood time. I heaved a small sigh and tried to form a smile on my lips even I knew Soojung couldn’t see it.

“I forgive you.. We’re still best friends, right?”

I heard Soojung stopped sobbing and asked me with a voice full of joy. “Really? Of course we are! My God, thank you so much, Moonstar.”

I secretly giggled to hear her usual cute laugh whenever she felt happy about something. Without any feeling of revenge or mad inside my heart, I took a deep breath and let it all out. Yes, it’s time to move on and be matured, Moon Byulyi.

After a quite long silence between both of us, Soojung finally voiced out. “Okay now, I want to ask if you will come along on this Saturday?”

I couldn’t helped myself to frown at the sudden question from Soojung. I hurriedly jumped off from my bed and walked to my study desk which has been placed right beside the door. I stared at the calendar that is hung on the wall right above the desk. Seems like there’s no single event on that day as I would always wrote on that calendar about certain special events that will happen and marked the date.

“What are you talking about? Did you just fasten your wedding date?”, I asked bluntly which successfully earned a soft growl from her.

“No, silly. Oh my God, don’t tell me that you didn’t know about that? It just another two days, Moonstar!”

I started to feel confused and at the same time nervous as hell as I heard Soojung anxious voice. I freaking didn’t have any idea of what Soojung trying to say but I can felt my heart started to thump like crazy. Didn’t waste any single second, I hopelessly said to Soojung. “No. Tell me what is it, Krystal.”

Soojung surprisingly gasped on the other line was so loud and clear for me to hear. And my heart dropped and broke after I heard Soojung next words. No, please..

“Yongsun will goes to Canada. She’s not staying here anymore.”

---

Well you see her when you fall asleep,

But never to touch and never to keep,

Cause you loved her too much and you dived too deep.

I helplessly stood behind the wall, looking like a complete dumb stalker, watching her from afar. I want to run there to catch her, hug her tighter and even I wouldn’t give a single care if I have to plead with both of my knees on the floor, tell her to not go. But here I am. Foolisly stood here, felt like my legs have been glued on the floor, not moving a single inch since I arrived at the airport 20 minutes ago.

“Ergh! Stupid Moonbyul, why can’t you just go there? Don’t you miss her so freaking bad? She is leaving soon, idiot!”, I secretly scolded at my own self. It totally felt like I want to throw some punches at my own face for my stupidity. Before I could think of anything, suddenly there was someone greeted me from behind.

“Moonbyul?”

Curious of who might be the unknown man that suddenly mentioned my name, I turned around just to see an unfamiliar face. I frowned as I looked at his face who was now smiling at me. He is undeniably good-looking, tall and has a charming smile. His left hand was holding a transparent plastic bag, which I can saw a bar of chocolate and a bottle of mineral water in it. Did I have ever meet with him somewhere before? I took another one more time to observe his face clearly. Oh, now he might looks familiar but I still couldn’t remembered anything.

The other man who saw my confused reaction suddenly shook his head and chuckled. “I forgot. You might not remembered me. Silly me.” Then, he hit his forehead with his right palm before he stretched it out, to make a handshake with me. “I’m Minhyuk, Lee Minhyuk. You remember me?”

Minhyuk? I tried my best if I still can remember this guy. Without my knowledge, my childhood memory came back into my mind and it successfully made me frowned looking at the guy back. Uh oh, don’t tell that he was the one that bullied me back then? But I composed myself, tried to look as calm as possible and accepted his handshake nonetheless.

“Yup, I remember now.”

Minhyuk smiled ear to ear as soon as I said that which made me a bit startled. He patted my shoulder softly and gave an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry for what I’ve done and said to you back then. I’m truly sorry, Moonbyul.”, he said sincerely with a pair of watery eyes.

Well, it was happened back in the past. Didn’t we all have grown up now? I gave him an assurance smile, convinced the guy that I truly meant for I want to say. “I have long forgive you. Don’t worry.”

Minhyuk said thank you over and over again which made me couldn’t helped myself to smile at his action. Then, one by one, he told me about he studies in the same college as Yongsun and how they get closer with each other since three months ago, which surprisingly after the incident in Yongsun’s apartment. Minhyuk even told me that he was the one who accompanied Yongsun until here. Unknowingly, something weird kind of feeling which I’m not use to start to creep inside my heart. Yes, jealous.

, why should I be like this!

I saw Minhyuk was totally happy after he told all of that to me as a huge grin still plastered on his face. I started to doubt on his intention for telling all of the story about Yongsun to me. Is he trying to test me or he just really happy to tell me about all of that?

“Why you still stand here? Let’s go.”

I was shocked when Minhyuk suddenly dragged me to Yongsun who sat on one of the benches given nearby the departure hall. I absolutely have no choice other than to just follow Minhyuk as we almost got closer to Yongsun. My heart pumped in a fast pace when Minhyuk called Yongsun. The girl was engaging all her attentions toward her smart phone before she lifted up her head to look at us who already stood in front of her.

Yongsun was smiling to Minhyuk at first before her lips turned upside down after our eyes met with each other. Her beautiful eyes opened wide just like , as she stared at me disbelief before stood from her seat. Clearly, she did looks shocked with my sudden presence there.

“M-Moonbyul..”

She was stuttering. I couldn’t helped myself to stare directly into her eyes which didn’t blinked since a while ago. I badly wanted to pull her into a warm embrace but I just stood there, held both of my knuckles tighter to control myself from doing so. Instead, I voiced out about her sudden disappearance, unsatisfied with it.

“Where the heck are you going all these while, Yongsun? I’m looking for you everywhere! Why you did this to me?” I looked at her frustratedly and I saw her eyes started to tear up. Even though my heart was sinking to watch the view but I continued more. “Why am I the last person to know this, Yongsun? Why you didn’t tell me that you will move out to Canada, Yongsun? Am I not important to you?”

Minhyuk who saw the tense atmosphere between both of us decided to go somewhere else and left us alone, which I secretly thanked for that. I kept my eyes on Yongsun, watching every single detail of her. Some parts of her have changed. The proper words to say is she looks… thin? Yes, and it’s killing me softly inside. So I grasped both of her shoulders which made her startled and looked at me shocked.

“Answer me, Kim Yongsun. I owe you a lot of answers right now.”

I tried to speak as soft as I can, didn’t want to make her feels scared or uncomfortable. But all of my questions have been left unanswered. Instead, my heart was scattered and broke after I heard her words, which sounds more like a plead to me. Totally made both of my hands loosen its grip on her shoulder.

“Let me go.”

I wanted to ask why but then Soojung arrived at our place and greeted us. I put both of my hands at the side and hopelessly stared down to my own feet. Both of the girls were hugging each other, but I still can heard the soft sobs from Yongsun.

I don’t know. It felt like my world has turned dark just because that one simple words. I lost at words and kept ignoring the calls from Soojung who has frustratedly shook my body asked for me to respond. I couldn’t hold on anymore. Instead, I decided to run away from there dumbly.

“Moonbyul!”

I ignored everything. If only Yongsun is the one who will yell my name, I would stop on my track and run back to her. But it never happens. She really wanted to leave me.

For that, I kept running without knowing where to go and tears started to form on my eyelids. Regret it or not, that was the time I realized, I would never see her face again. Kim Yongsun, has really left me.

---

Well you only need the light when it’s burning low,

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow.

Winter has comes. The entire town of Gangnam-gu has been surrounded by thick white snow. Which I can say the most favourite season for almost everyone.

Same goes to my heart. It’s getting colder day by day. It has been five months already that I became a trainee in S & M Entertainment. Not like what I expected, I didn’t make it through to debut as a solo artist just like what Mr. Seungkwan has told me before. My progression in the company did not went well and I almost got eliminated from the company. It almost made me give up to achieve that biggest dream of mine but glad there are my family, Baekhyun, Soojung and my other friends who kept giving me support and always encourage me to never give up.

And here I am again, put all of my efforts to practice endlessly until I finally get to debut as a solo artist. Thankfully that Mr. Seungkwan is such a nice man and let me to train myself for another few months. This time I would prove that I can do it. No matter what.

But I still couldn’t move on from the day Yongsun’s departed to Canada. How is she doing now? Is she doing fine there? Did she eats enough food when the last time I saw her, she was so thin? Did she… still remember me? I kept questioning myself and all of them still left unanswered.

If only I didn’t let her go.

After non-stop practicing for six hours straight in the building, I decided to stop and go back home. The weather is getting colder at night, so I didn’t want get sick. I wore my super thick winter coat and put on my black boots. Then, I walked out from the building, walking alone along the street, as I thought about the idea to visit ‘Eclipse Bar’. It’s been awhile since the last I visited that place. So I decided to just walked to that bar as I knew there were no taxi anymore at a time like this. It’s almost 1 in the morning.

Maybe, it’s a good idea after all.

---

Only know you’ve been high when you’re feeling low,

Only hate the road when you’re missing home.

I hung the guitar strap on my shoulder and fixed the microphone on the stand. I don’t know why. As soon as I entered the bar, I quickly met Taeil and asked him if I can sing on that night and he let me happily. But this night, I asked to perform alone on the stage, without the usual band. It’s only me, my favourite guitar, the stage and the audiences.

I decided to choose a song from the British band, Passenger called ‘Let Her Go’ to sing on that night. Which I can said all the lyrics were completely related to my feeling, to what I’ve been through and is going through right now. So I sat on the stool, getting fully prepared with the guitar on my hands and the microphone in front my mouth. Then, I started to sing with full of my heart as one by one of the lyrics let out from my lips.

Yongsun’s gorgeous face popped inside my mind as I closed my eyes to enjoy the performance. The way pair of her brown orbs stare straight into my eyes, I realized they are full of love and adore. The way she smiles at me and laughs to my childish behaviour, I saw it is sincere. The way she holds my hands with both of hers, I felt warm. All the things she did and the words she ever said to me, are totally different. I felt Yongsun is absolutely something else, something that even Soojung or any other girls didn’t have.

I opened my eyes back and found myself unconsciously startled after the last two lines of the song slipped from my lips. The last two lines felt like they hit me the hardest.

Only know you love her when you let her go,

And you let her go.

As soon as that, I heard applause from all the audiences. But I still sat on the stool, staring down at my guitar, got engaging to my own thoughts and mixed kind of emotions that started to creep inside my heart. And as I couldn’t hold on anymore, finally I broke down to tears. For the very first time, I finally realized about that one thing. Yes, this stupid Moonbyul finally realized it.

That I have fall in love with Kim Yongsun since the day she asked me to let her go.

No, I’m the one who let her go.

I unconsciously said those three words on the microphone, even that I knew she would never heard them.

“I love you, Kim Yongsun.”

She would never knew, because I let her go.

End of Moonbyul’s POV

_________________________________________________________

So this is the end of the chapter. How was it? Sorry it's not like what you expected but I hope it's okay. *dugeun dugeun* I think there will be left another few chapters until the final one. *huhu* Feel free to leave your thoughts and thank you very much for those who have subscribed and commented. *finger heart* See you in the next update. ^^