Comeback and Debut

Groupie Love

3 years later

The sun has showed itself on clear blue canvas of the sky, creating a really beautiful day to start with. The birds are chirping, singing sweet melody which thought to be the music in someone’s ears. The wind blows steadily, giving a nice vibe to everyone who walks through the street. But at a certain huge building seems like a luxury penthouse, inside one of the houses, lay a sleeping figure on the couch. Still with his last night attire, only his black leather jacket has been threw onto the floor, slept with a light snore could be heard.

“Emph..”

The sound of his phone ringing made him stirred from his good sleep. It just felt like he only got to sleep for an hour like seriously. With a pair of heavy eyes and legs wobbling due to the sleepiness, he walked out from the couch and grabbed the jacket on the floor. One hand holding the cloth tight, another hand tried to take his phone from inside the pocket. As he successfully did so, he quickly answered the call, put it right beside his ear. “Hello?”

“Mornin’, Byulie baby!”

A certain sweet and kind of overly soft voice greeted from the other line. Moonbyul heaved a heavy sigh as his hands were now slowly rubbed both of his eyes, tried freshen himself up. He didn’t need to think twice of who was the human being that called him right that damn time, interrupted the only day for him to rest. He greeted the person back with the same hoarse voice, just a little bit rough this time. “Yahh, Yoon Bomi. What the freaking that you want?”

The sounds of the girl that has been called as Bomi laughed as sweet as possible can be heard from the other line. Moonbyul rolled his eyes of annoyance before he slumped his body on the comfortable couch back. Eyes busied observing the surrounding of that messy and dirty living room of the house. Seems like there were a lot of stuffs to be cleaned over, not to forget his room too. Moonbyul heaved another sigh which clearly can be heard by the young woman on the other line.

“My my, Moon Byulyi, why you have to be so rude every time you talk with me? And what with the sighs? Shouldn’t you feel happy that a beautiful famous idol like me giving you a lovely morning call?”

Moonbyul couldn’t helped himself to grit his teeth and slipped out a ‘tsk’ from his mouth after he heard that obviously cringe-worthy words that he had to hear from the woman almost every day. He planned to just turn the call off, but the woman would surely search for him after that and he absolutely didn’t want that. So Moonbyul let out another sigh and tried to talk softly this time. “I’m sorry, pretty Bomi. Yeah yeah, I should feel glad about that, right? Stupid me.”, Moonbyul said with an awkward fake chuckle. He secretly made an annoyed face as he knew no one would ever see it.

“It’s okay, baby. Do you have any plan today, hm?”

‘! I must think of an excuse quick!’ Moonbyul thought as he started to feel the nerve that maybe Bomi planned to have a date with him again.

Yoon Bomi, one of the members in famous idol girl groups, Apink with a pretty face and a nice sweet voice. Both of them met with each other for the first time when they were having their own performances for the popular music show, Music Bank. That time, Moonbyul was having his hot debut stage while Apink was making a comeback for their new song. Unknowingly, Bomi started to get close with Moonbyul as she shamelessly asked for the guy’s phone number and Moonbyul just gave it nonetheless. But as call by call that the woman has made and the other meetings with one another, Moonbyul got this super uncomfortable atmosphere every time when he is with the girl.

Thank God, he got to think of an idea and there’s like a light bulb popped out from his head. Moonbyul secretly grinned before he cleared his throat and tried to answer the question with a pretty exhausted voice. “Sorry, cutie pie. It feels like I can’t even stand right at my own feet. You know, I have ton of activities this month. It’s super tiring!”

‘Hope it works.’ Moonbyul wished inside his heart. But it was true though. His schedule was quite tough and hard after he made another comeback last month. Promotions, fan meetings, press conferences, photo shoots, tours, live performances and even he has been invited to make an appearance in some popular reality programmes like Running Man and Weekly Idol. But Moonbyul will never forget until now that he finally got to debut as a solo artist after a long hardworking training. Now, his name is unbelievably famous around the country and he even has been labelled as one of the most talented young singers both in S & M Entertainment and in South Korea. Not to forget that he started to build his name in other countries too.

“Aww, poor my Byulie. Rest as much as you want, I let you off this time too.”

“Thank you. Alright, bye!”

Moonbyul hurriedly hung the call off without even waiting for the girl’s reply. Didn’t waits for a single second, he put the phone on the coffee table and took a nap on the couch. His lips grinning ear to ear as his eyes started to get close back before he has been disturbed by his phone again. Moonbyul let out a growl and secretly blamed to whoever that made another call to him again on that peaceful morning. With an unsatisfied heart, he grabbed his phone back and saw his manager name this time displayed on the black screen. ‘My gosh, when will I get my precious rest if it goes on just like this?’

“Good morning, Fany noona. What’s up?”

“I want you to come to my office, ASAP!”

“Wa- Noona!”

Moonbyul hissed angrily, noticed that his manager didn’t even gave him a single chance to reply back. Seems just like karma has hit him right on the spot which made Moonbyul unconsciously shook his head. Moonbyul let out a soft growl as he lazily walked to his room, grabbed his towel and got inside the bathroom to take a shower. No matter what, he has to follow his manager’s order and he couldn’t get away.

Moonbyul muttered slowly as he realized his day off has been interrupted once again, by his favourite manager. “Yeah, thanks to Tiffany noona.”

---

Moonbyul arrived at S & M Entertainment official building right on 10.30 a.m. He parked his white Audi at the usual spot inside the car park specialist for all S & M Entertainment staffs and artists. Moonbyul stepped out from the driver seat and took off the sunglasses that he wore. He styled up in a casual outfit, with a green Polo collar shirt, dark blue Levi’s jeans and of course his favourite black Adidas sneakers.

Moonbyul walked inside the building with full confidence yet a warm friendly smile plastered on his face every time the other staffs greeted him. He straightly went to his manager office which is located at the fourth floor from the overall seven floors of the huge building, where his manager also known as Tiffany Hwang must be waited for him there.

Didn’t forget to knock on the door first as he knew that the woman would be mad if he not does so. A familiar soft yet sounds a bit serious voice yelled ‘come in’ from the inside can be heard. Moonbyul twisted the knob and walked inside the room. There he saw Tiffany sat on the chair right at her work desk, stared right through his direction.

“Good morning, noona!” Moonbyul as always, gave the woman a mischief grin and quickly sat in front of her. Tiffany didn’t uttered a single word, which seems a bit unusual for Moonbyul.

And there a staring contest for like several seconds before Moonbyul decided to voice out. Couldn’t denied the anxiety that started to creep inside his heart. “What’s wrong, noona?”, Moonbyul carefully asked the woman but still have no reply. Tiffany still in the same position like a statue which started to creep Moonbyul out. So Moonbyul took an action to knock on the wooden desk for several times before Tiffany startled.

The woman looked at Moonbyul with an obvious surprise face as her eyes and mouth opened wide. “S-Since when d-did y-you have b-been here?”

One of his brows lifted as he watched the flustered Tiffany that stuttered hard a while ago. Her face has been flushed to deep crimson pink. “Since you’ve been… adoring my face?”

Tiffany let out a loud gasp as she started to shake her head over and over again while her hands kept moving from right to left continuously. Maybe she tried to deny the statement that the young man has made about her before. “Don’t think me wrong! I-I was just thinking about Taeng when I looked at you. You… look handsome just like him. Argh! I miss him..”

And now both of Moonbyul’s brows lifted as he stared at the now shy woman in front of him. Tiffany awkwardly smiled as she has noticed to just talk about missing her boyfriend to Moonbyul. She secretly blamed herself for doing so. But glad that Moonbyul just gave a smile to her and didn’t teases her about that, like he usually did. Which was quite weird but she just shrugged it off. So Tiffany quickly cleared and scoffed for several times before put a serious expression back on her face.

“So, do you know why I ask you to come over?”

Moonbyul straightly shook his head as he really did not knows the reason why his manager called him to come there. Tiffany nodded her head slowly and smiled to him warmly as an excited expression was now plastered on her face. Moonbyul saw the woman was now trying to search something inside the drawer of her work desk. Not long after that, he saw Tiffany took out like a thin magazine from inside the drawer. A huge smile was plastered on her face as she stared at magazine like it is one of the most precious things that she just got. After that, the woman looked back to his direction.

“I have a good news for you!”

Moonbyul felt half excited and half nervous as he heard the happy kind of voice of his manager. “What is it, noona?”, he asked as he still stared at the woman in front of him. Then, Tiffany put the magazine on the desk and pushed it right in front of Moonbyul.

“You will collaborate with a new singer from Canada! I heard that she is originally born in our country and her name is undeniably famous right now! Isn’t that exciting, Moonbyul?”, the woman exclaimed and slowly squealed.

It was sure exciting for his manager but Moonbyul could already felt cold sweats on his forehead. His heart thumped like crazy and he started to feel unease on the chair. Yes, Moonbyul does heard about some gossips here and there about a certain new singer from Canada who would makes her first debut at her original hometown which is obviously there in South Korea.

Tiffany continued to blabber more about the newcomer in the music industry. “Here, she is the cover for the latest issue of Elle Korea this month! My God, she even told about her plan to stay here back for forever and being one of our national singers!”

Moonbyul gulped his saliva hard as he still didn’t dared to see the cover page of the magazine that Tiffany showed him. That one thing kept bothering his mind and it started to kill him like crazy. But this time, Moonbyul can’t run away anymore as Tiffany suddenly held the magazine and showed it right in front of his eyes. He can felt his heart jumped out from the ribcage and his jaw dropped as he stared unbelievably at the cover page of the magazine.

“Solar Kim..”, Moonbyul muttered the name under his breath slowly. Seems like he didn’t even knew how to breathe in the right way now. Felt just like he has lose oxygen as his eyes still stared at the figure that decorated the cover page.

A knock on the door successfully grabbed both of their attentions. Moonbyul saw a huge smile plastered on Tiffany’s face which made her eyes shaped to crescent moon. Then, the woman look at him and gave a meaningful smile that Moonbyul couldn’t even think of what was his manager tries to say.

“Come in!”, Tiffany yelled.

Moonbyul closed his eyes shut as he felt nervous to turn his head and looks at the person who has walked inside the room. But he couldn’t held on anymore. The curiousity was burning inside his heart. So he slowly turned his head to look at person. And yes, he was dumbfounded. Plus, the wide smile beamed from the girl’s face who still stood at the door made him wanted to fall over from the chair. For only God knows what is the reason of it.

“Sorry to come late. I am Solar Kim.”

________________________________________________________

Late update from me! My, thanks again for all the subscribers, comments, and of course the upvotes! Neomu neomu gomawo. *cried in the corner* Sorry if it's getting mess, I hope you guys like it. Feel free to leave your thoughts and critics is a big fine for me. So, see you in the next update. *byeong byeong*

 

p/s: I plan to write another MoonSun story after this one ends and this time it surely gonna be girlxgirl. But I still would consider about it but I have got the ideas to write that story. So yeah, hope you anticipate for it. *hehe* ^^