Goodbye

Groupie Love

 

A/N: Ready for some angst? :')

“Moonbyul, there’s a man who wants to see you.”

Moonbyul who was brushing his guitar at the backstage, lifted his head to look at his manager, Kang Taeil who is also known as the owner of ‘Eclipse Bar’. He furrowed his eyebrows as the man who is at his 30’s looked a bit anxious. His heart started to pound in an unsteady beat. “Is there any problem?”

The owner of the bar named Taeil just shrugged his shoulders and let out a sigh. The smile that formed on his lips was clearly shown that he’s not that happy.

“Just go, Byul. He’s waiting at table number 6.”, Taeil voiced out, more likely an order to Moonbyul. He slowly patted the young man’s shoulders and continued more. “Think about your future.” Then, Taeil walked out from the backstage leaving Moonbyul who was now nervous like crazy.

Moonbyul started to see that there must be something related about his singing. He waited for a few minutes, hesitated to go outside. But, remembered about what his manager has said, Moonbyul heaved a sigh and decided to just go. He put his guitar on the stand and slowly walked out from the backstage, went to see the unknown man that was waiting for him at the table that has been told by Taeil.

From afar, Moonbyul saw a man wore complete black suit, sat alone while sipping his coffee. Moonbyul let out a final deep breathe to ease the nervousness that can be felt inside. After he felt better and confident, he walked to the man with an open heart.

“Good evening, sir. You want to see me?”, Moonbyul asked to the man after he lifted his head to look at Moonbyul. The man who is about the same age as Moonbyul’s father, smiled warmly and gestured the young man to seat in front of him. Moonbyul nodded his head and pulled the chair before he sat politely.

The older man stared at him for quite long time before he finally voiced out. “So you are Moon Byulyi. You are handsome, just like what I always heard from my female workers.”

That statement successfully made Moonbyul blushed as he hung his head low and slowly rubbed the back of his neck. He smiled awkwardly and said thank you.

“My name is Lee Seungkwan.”, the older man introduced himself before gave his business card to Moonbyul. Moonbyul who was still wondering took the card and read it. His eyes grew wider as he looked at Mr. Seungkwan back with an unbelievable face.

“You are the CEO of S & M’s Entertainment?”, asked Moonbyul, half excited and half surprised. When the older man who has introduced himself as Mr. Seungkwan replied with a nod, Moonbyul couldn’t helped himself to smile ear to ear. “Oh my, I’ve been admiring your company since I was just 5!”

S & M Entertainment is one of the biggest and most successful music company in Korea. A lot of talented singers in the country were starting their career in the company. Moonbyul has been noticed about his deep passion towards singing since he was still a small kid. And S & M Entertainment that has been built for almost 20 years is one of the companies that Moonbyul admires of and even he dreams to start his music career there. He also did some research about S & M Entertainment and the name of the company is actually came from the first letter of the CEO and his wife’s name, Seungkwan and Miran.

“Young man, I’ve been hearing about your performance from my workers and they keep on telling that you have a unique voice and could play the guitar like a pro. For all of the reasons, I would like to offer you of 5 months training in the company. If your progression goes well, I would gladly let you debut as a solo artist. What do you think?”

As soon as he heard that, his eyes can felt the warm tears that started to roll down to his cheeks. This is just what he’s been waiting for since forever. Moonbyul couldn’t hold the happiness that he felt inside, so he jumped from the chair and hugged the older man tight. Mr. Seungkwan who was surprised at first smiled and rubbed the back of the young man warmly. He can heard Moonbyul said thank you over and over again.

At 10.00 p.m., as his ever last performance at ‘Eclipse Bar’ ended on that night, Moonbyul went to see Taeil to tell about the news and bid his last goodbye. Taeil pulled the young man into a warm embrace and kept wishing him good luck. Moonbyul felt sad but at the same relieved that Taeil is happy that he has been accepted to be a trainee in S & M Entertainment.

“If you have any free time, just come over. The door is always open for you.” Taeil held both of Moonbyul’s shoulders and smiled to him proudly. Moonbyul nodded his head and replied the smile with his eyes still teary. “Oh, all your fangirls must be missing you too then.”, Taeil said in a teasing tone which successfully got a soft smack from Moonbyul.

After that, Moonbyul went to see the other workers in the bar from the very closest with him to the least one. All of them kept wishing him good luck and Moonbyul even received some gift from the female workers which made him blushed.

Moonbyul planned to tell Soojung and Yongsun about it. As he walked out from the bar, he was confused either he should go to Soojung’s house or Yongsun’s apartment first? About 3 minutes of thinking about the small matter, he decided to tell Soojung first. Soojung is his girlfriend after all. Moonbyul sure that night will be one of the most memorable nights for him.

Or maybe not.

---

*knock knock*

Yongsun who just got out from the bathroom was completely startled when she heard the main door of her house has been madly knocked by someone at the outside for a few times. She was hesitated and feared while her mind started to think about something bad. Yongsun is staying alone as her family let her to be independent on her own. Even Yongsun wished to stay alone too but her family wouldn’t forget to visit her for a few times in a month. 

“Yongsun-ah, it’s me! Please, open the door!”

Before she gets to do anything, she heard a familiar man’s voice yelled from the outside. Her heart started to beat faster as soon as she heard the voice. ‘Moonbyul.’ Yongsun kept whispering her favourite man’s name. At the same time, she was curious on what kind of reason Moonbyul came to her house at this kind of time. It’s almost 12 in the morning. Also, the man’s voice seemed so unusual in Yongsun’s ears. Moonbyul sounds kind of… frustrated?

Yongsun quickly took the house key and walked to the main door. As soon as she opened the door wide, there she saw Moonbyul, now standing right in front of her with a messy hair and teary eyes. His face clearly looked sad, disappointed and despair. “Byul..?”

Without waiting for Yongsun to continue her words, Moonbyul quickly grabbed the girl’s hands and pulled her into a tight embrace. Yongsun was startled as she secretly gasped on the man’s strong chest. The scent of Moonbyul’s perfume could be sniffed right through her nostril.

“Yongsun-ah..” The way Moonbyul called her name with a slow and shaky voice made Yongsun straightly felt hurt. Yes, it was hurting to hear Moonbyul talks like that and even worst to watch tears started to roll down to his cheeks. “Krystal, she… cheated on me.”

And as soon as Moonbyul told that, Yongsun felt her heart broke into million pieces.

---

Flashback

After 10 minutes of ride, Moonbyul arrived right in front of Soojung’s house. It is a double-storey bungalow with a garage at the outside and a mini garden at the centre. He parked his motorcycle beside the garage and took off the helmet and put it in the basket. Then, Moonbyul slowly walked to the fence and opened it as it was unlocked. He hid the bouquet of flower which was full with roses and lilies at his back.

Moonbyul stood right in front of the main door, scanned a men shoes which he was unfamiliar with. Moonbyul furrowed his eyebrows as his eyes started to wandering around the house. It looked like Soojung’s family was not at home, even her sister, Sooyeon too. Usually every time when Moonbyul visited Soojung’s house, he would saw her sister’s car was parked at outside of the house.

Moonbyul planned to make a surpise for Soojung so he quickly pushed the bell and it rang for three times. Then, he quickly hid behind the bonsai tree right beside the main door. He waited there faithfully and a smile started to creep on his lips when he heard the main door been opened from the inside.

As soon as the door opened, Moonbyul cancelled his plan to surprise Soojung by jump out right in front of her like he usually did. The smile that was formed on his lips before quickly turned upside down just in a blink of an eyes. Moonbyul felt his heart broke into pieces but at the same time his heart boiled up due to anger that started to grew inside.

“Who is it, hun?”

Soojung’s soft yet tempted voice greeted his ears right after that. There he saw Soojung only wrapped by a night gown, hugging an unknown tall man from behind. Yes, the man was half undressed with only a pair of black jeans, the one who opened the door awhile ago.

Moonbyul can’t controlled his anger anymore so he hurriedly walked out from the hidden spot and faced both of them with a pair of furious eyes. He grasped both of his knuckles as he saw the clearly surprised Soojung while the other man stared at him blankly. Without his knowledge, Moonbyul unconsciously throw a strong punch right to the man’s face which successfully made him fell to the floor.

“Oh my God, Sehun!”

Moonbyul can felt his blood rises up more when Soojung ran to the other man, kneeled beside him and tried to help him stands back. The woman didn’t even gave a single care about Moonbyul and it made him felt hurting more and more.

“I don’t give a single care for what kind of reason you tried to get back with me again the other day and for what’s happening right now too! For me, it all end here, Jung Soojung. We’re nothing now!”

Moonbyul didn’t waits for any longer. Ignored Soojung who continuously yelled his name, Moonbyul quickly walked to his motorcycle, wore the helmet on his head back and the engine. Then, he brought the motorcycle with incredible speed to the way of Yongsun’s apartment. Deep inside his broken heart, he felt regret for not decides to make Yongsun as the first person to know the good news. But at the same time, he glad to finally know the shocking truth about Soojung.

So, that was how the night turned not to be the most memorable one.

End of Flashback

---

“And that’s how it goes.”

Moonbyul put the small glass back on the table. It was the second glass of soju he has gulped into his mouth that night. Still inside Yongsun’s house, Moonbyul and Yongsun were now sat on the floor, right beside one another, shoulder to shoulder. That was the very first time they drank alcoholic drink for the both of them.

Even though Moonbyul can’t holds on the sadness that he felt when he told the entire story to Yongsun, but he felt relieves. It did helps to ease his heavy heart for a bit. Yongsun will always be the person who he would find and search to let out all of his feelings. The girl would always listen to all his stupid stories and jokes without bored. That’s why he cherishes their friendship very much.

Moonbyul decided to stop drinks it as he has to ride his motorcycle later to go back home. He scared that it would give an effect to him. Moonbyul turned his head at the right side, stared at Yongsun who was now pouring another glass of soju. Their conditions were absolutely different from each other.

As he’s not mistaken, Yongsun has poured the nth glass of soju for that night. The beautiful girl’s face has flushed into deep red and the ribbon that ties her long wavy dark brown hair had somewhat loose which made her hair messy. Without a reason, the view beside him had successfully made his eyes locked on the girl’s face.

Yongsun clumsily put her glass on the table. Her eyes clearly shown the feelings of despair and frustrated. Due to uncounted glasses of soju that she has gulped into , it has affected her brain to not functioning well. But Yongsun still can felt the pain that kept on sliced through her heart after Moonbyul told about what has happened.

Yes, Moonbyul has convinced that it was the end of his romantic relationship with Soojung. But Yongsun kept bothering her own mind and asked herself if it’s worth for her to feel happy now? After several years that she herself can’t even counts on how long she has keeps her feeling for Moonbyul. Without her own knowledge, Yongsun chuckled out of a sudden which successfully earned the full attention from Moonbyul.

“Yongsun?”

Moonbyul tried to call the girl’s name while shook her shoulder gently. Seems like Yongsun had already drunk because of the alcohol. Yongsun turned her head towards Moonbyul which made both of their faces separated by just a finger.

Moonbyul was mesmerized by it, same goes to Yongsun. Both of them stared deeply into each other’s eyes, with Yongsun who started to get heavy breathe while Moonbyul unconsciously gulped his saliva. His eyes were now wandering around, took the chance to enjoy watching every single detail of Yongsun’s face, from the pair of her brown eyes to her cute pink lips.

To Moonbyul’s surprise, Yongsun suddenly cupped both of his cheeks and it softly. Moonbyul couldn’t helped himself to feel the weird yet incredibly pleasuring kind of feeling that started to creep inside his heart. His heart started to beat unsual as Yongsun brought her face closer to his. But the words that slipped out from her tongue right after that made Moonbyul froze at his place.

“I love you. More than a best friend, Byul-ah.. I can’t hold it anymore, I truly and completely in love with you since a long time ago. I really love you, Moon Byulyi.”

Moonbyul stared deeply right into her brown orbs which started to get teary. He was totally surprised to hear that sudden confession from Yongsun and distracted by it. He wanted to ask the girl why she never tells about it before, but Moonbyul knew that Yongsun was not at her righteous mind now. And as soon as that, he was dumbfounded and his eyes grew wider. His lips has been sealed right with Yongsun soft lips.

After a few seconds, Yongsun pulled out from the kiss as she felt Moonbyul didn’t gives any respond towards it. She was panting harder to catch for breath and her chest kept moving upside down. Moonbyul still stared at the girl blankly and confused.

Yongsun looked back into Moonbyul’s hazel eyes and smiled bitterly. “Do you still remember when you kissed me inside an empty room at our elementary school? It was my first kiss, Byul.” Yongsun chuckled slowly before she made their foreheads touch with each other. “And that was the moment I realized, I’ve fall in love with you.”

Moonbyul opened his mouth, tried to say something but not a single word slip out. He was still confused and at the same trying as hard as he could to understand the situation and his own feeling. But Moonbyul couldn’t think of anything that time, all kind of feelings just mixed together which turned the situation to be more difficult. And the only words that hopelessly let out from his mouth then was the most regretful decision he has made.

“I don’t know, Yongsun-ah. W-We were still kids back then.. I was a fool that time. I thought by kissing you, I could ease my broken heart that time and forget about what Krystal has said to me. I-I’m sorry, Yongsun-ah.. I think you were not in a stable mind right now..”

“Get out.”

Moonbyul was startled when Yongsun suddenly cut his words and started to distance herself from him. The girl suddenly stood up from her feet, walked to the main door and opened it wide. She looked at Moonbyul with a face that was hard to describe.

“Yongsun..”, Moonbyul tried to call her name and looked at her with an apologetic look.

“Please, Moonbyul. Just… go back home.”

After about couple minutes that Moonbyul still froze at his place, Yongsun took a decision to grab the man’s arms and dragged him out of the house with all of her mights. “Yongsun, listen..”

Moonbyul couldn’t finished his words when Yongsun pulled him into one last kiss. He was speechless because of that. Yongsun pushed him slowly after that and smiled at him sourly with teary eyes. She tried her very best to say her last words even it sounds shaky.

“Goodbye, Moonbyul. Thanks for everything.”

And Yongsun closed the door shut, leaving a complete frustrated Moonbyul. The man looked down to his feet with a fully regret heart. He leaned his face to the door and kept muttering the word ‘sorry’ for a few times.

On the other side of the door, Yongsun was crying hard and soundless. She sat on the floor and hugged her knees like a little girl as she kept crying all she wants. And that night, Yongsun fell asleep on the floor with swollen eyes and kept muttering that one name.

“Moonbyul..”

________________________________________________________

A/N: So how was it, guys? *huhu* I knew my writing was still messed up but I would try my best. *smile* Thanks for all the comments and subscribes, appreciate it so much, love you guys! *cried* So, see you in the next update. ^^

p/s: Which character you want to see more in this story? I would try to write about him/her more in the future. Thanks.