First Kiss and A Broken Heart

Groupie Love

A/N: Hey, guys! Finally, I've decicded to write this into a few chapters. And here is the update. Sorry, I know it's quite messed up. Huu. *bow head low* Thanks for the subscribe, guys! *love* Tell me your opinion about this. I would try to write better next time. Thank you! *wink* Enjoy.

_____________________________________________________________________

 

Flashback

When Yongsun was 9, she had to transfer school as her family would be moved out to Bucheon and temporarily stay in one of the towns there. The first day at her new elementary school, there Yongsun met a quite chubby boy with extra chubby cheeks which was her classmate that Yongsun found him cute. His name is Moon Byulyi, a year younger than her. Yongsun tried multiple times to get close with the boy but he seemed to always avoid Yongsun by running away. Sometimes, Yongsun would feel upset because of his attitude, until one day she got to know the truth.

The noisy sound came from the backyard of the school caught Yongsun’s attention and she straight away running to the backyard. Tip toed by tip toed, she hid behind the wall and gasped. She was shocked to see the boy, Moonbyul, was surrounded by three of her other classmates that kept on badmouthing Moonbyul mainly about his chubby figure.

“He is being too snobby with pretty Yongsun!”

One of the boys with blue cap on his head exclaimed loudly. She was startled by the sudden mention of her name. She took a step closer to hear it more clearly.

“Hey pig, don’t you think that you’re too lame for avoiding her? If I were you, I wouldn’t do the same, I like her a lot.”

Yongsun cringed a bit after she heard that little confession from who she assumed as Lee Minhyuk, the good-looking class monitor of her class. Yongsun feels irritated and her heart boiled as the three naughty boys laughing and left Moonbyul sat on the ground, looking so disappointed.

She walked out from her hiding spot and ran to Moonbyul. As she kneeled down on her knees beside him, Moonbyul looked at her with teary eyes but after that his face changed to an angry expression. He glared at Yongsun like he wants to eat the girl alive which automatically made Yongsun frightened.

“What are you doing here? Go away!”, he yelled out all of his disappointment. He stood on his feet and stared towards Yongsun who was still kneeling on the ground with a pair of furious eyes. Yongsun couldn’t blink her eyes as she watched the sudden bewilderment from the boy. She can felt her body started shaking like crazy.

“Aigoo, my Moonstar. Why are you so angry?”

Both of them turned their heads toward the girl who just suddenly interrupted their ‘conversation’. Moonstar? Yongsun furrowed her eyebrows and stared at the beautiful girl who was now patted Moonbyul’s head gently. Moonbyul looked please with the girl’s touch as he closed his eyes shut and slowly put his head right under the girl’s chin. And Yongsun didn’t know why she felt quite uneasy looking at the intimate interaction between both of them.

“Krystal, you know that I would only shine for a sparkling beautiful girl like you? Just like moon and star that lighten up the dark night and you’re like an amazing crystal sparkling prettily in my eyes.”

“I know that, cutie pie.”

A long silence before a trembling voice said.

“Maybe someday, you need the sun too.”

Moonbyul was clearly looked surprises to hear that from the girl called Yongsun. Kim Yongsun, all of his classmate were talking about her now. Moonbyul couldn’t denied that Yongsun is a really beautiful girl with her wide gorgeous smile. Her name became suddenly popular around the school.

Moonbyul knew that Yongsun tried to get close with him as sometimes the girl would offered her lunchbox and wanted them to eat together. But Moonbyul chose to run away because he felt other students will look down on him. Well yeah, probably he felt that he didn’t deserve to be Yongsun’s friend as they’re totally different. He heard that Yongsun’s family is really rich, her father is the CEO of a huge company while her mother involves in the fashion industry and even owned a successful boutique.

Moonbyul even heard that her family decided to move into this town for a while because his father has a big project going on at this town and her mother wanted to open another branch somewhere in Bucheon.

Moonbyul is the otherwise. His family is just okay, not rich but not poor. His father is a teacher in one of the high schools in town while his mother is a full-time housewife.

“What do you mean?”, asked Moonbyul while looking straightly into Yongsun’s eyes.

There was a long silence. Yongsun looking down to her feet for several minutes before lifted her head back with teary eyes. Moonbyul was startled to see Yongsun started to sniff and sob, while tears started to stream down her face.

“I-I don’t have any friends yet.. I-I thought you wouldn’t mind if we could be friend. But maybe you’re not interested..”

For Moonbyul surprise, the girl crying harder and ran away from there. Moonbyul tried to call her name but looked like the girl won’t listened. He felt guilty for treating Yongsun that way when she intended to be his friend. And got to know the fact that the girl don’t have any friends yet made Moonbyul feels more mad to himself.

“Why you still stand here? Go catch her hurry! You made a girl cries, Moonstar.”

Moonbyul looked at Soojung beside him and slowly nodded his head. “You wanna come along? I don’t know how to comfort a girl..”

---

Starting from that day, the three of them become best friends. Sometimes, they would go study in the library together even it always ended up they would just playing around with each other. Every recess time, they would go to the canteen together and sharing their lunchboxes with each other. Their friendship is starting to grow stronger day by day. Even Yongsun learnt about the reasons behind Moonbyul and Soojung using “Moonstar” and “Krystal” nicknames to call each other. How Moonbyul is closer with Soojung as Yongsun knows that they are neighbours. And unknowingly it made Yongsun feels envy with Krystal for what kind of reason that she herself didn’t even know.

Until that one day..

That morning, Yongsun was on her way to her class after she met with her English teacher. She received a gift for getting an excellent result for her English test. Yongsun was smiling ear to ear while holding the average size box with both of her hands. She can’t wait to show it to Moonbyul and Soojung.

Yongsun kept on glancing the box, didn’t really paid attention towards the front. “Ouch.” Yongsun bumped into someone who was walking towards the opposite direction from hers. Slowly she lifted her head to look at the person and her eyes grew wider.

“Byul?”

It was Moonbyul. Yongsun wanted to give a sweet smile to the boy but she felt something was wrong with him by looking at his face. Moonbyul looked frustrated and the pair of his eyes looked in some kind of despair and sad. But before Yongsun can ask him anything, Moonbyul suddenly grabbed her wrist and dragged her into one empty room nearby.

Without her knowledge, Moonbyul that is twice stronger than her, pinned her slowly to the wall which made Yongsun gasped and surprised. Her mind kept asking the same questions. What is going on? What is wrong with him? Moonbyul grabbed both of Yongsun’s shoulders and stared straightly into Yongsun’s eyes. Yongsun was so mesmerized by it until she felt her brain stop functioning.

“I love her, Yongsun-ah. I love her since I couldn’t even remember when..”

Yongsun gulped her saliva hard listening to Moonbyul’s sudden confession. And she couldn’t help herself from feeling the ache inside her heart.

“I love Krystal so much. And I’ve finally got the chance to confess it.. But, she rejected me.. She said that she just thought me as best friend, not more than that.”

This time, Yongsun can heard Moonbyul’s husky voice started to tremble. It such a pain to hear him like that when he used to be so cheerful with them. Yongsun wanted to cheer him up, she can’t bares to see the boy cries. “Byul, I..” But before she could finishes her words, something just happened so quickly.

Dumbfounded.

The average size box that faithfully in both of her hands since a while ago, fell to the floor.

Yongsun’s eyes were widen as she felt Moonbyul crashed his lips to hers. And that’s the moment, Yongsun realized, she fell in love, with no other than Moonbyul.

---

8 years later

Yongsun felt that the days passed by just like wind. Nothing special, just her sorrowful heart, sadness beyond her eyes, miserable mind and painful soul. From a cheerful girl in her childhood age, she turned to be quite mystery, quiet and lonely after her teenage years. It could only be for one reason.

Yes, Moonbyul. Year by year passed by and Yongsun still has that feeling for Moonbyul. Plus, the fact that they entered the same high school together made things quite difficult for Yongsun. Yongsun was not surprised to hear that her family wanted to stay at Bucheon for a really long time. And in fact, Yongsun felt really happy and glad for it. Not to forget that definitely Soojung was studying in the same school like them. And their friendship got better after they acknowledged about their same interests toward singing. They even entered some singing competitions organized by their school. All three of them had won prizes like the first place until the third place.

Moreover, Moonbyul has totally changed a lot since then. There’s no more cute chubby boy, only a good-looking grown up man. Yongsun half surprised and half excited to know that Moonbyul would always goes to the gym for workout. And all his effort pay off after he successfully got to lose some weights and achieved a slender build up body which looks really attractive in Moonbyul. Added to that, Moonbyul even dyed his hair from dark brown to dark grey. Yongsun couldn’t helped herself to secretly fangirl over him.

But there’s one thing that still haunting Yongsun’s mind. Her first kiss. Yes, Moonbyul was the first person to get that special kiss. Eventhough that the incident has happened for a long time ago, but Yongsun still didn’t had any guts to ask Moonbyul about that. Moreover, Moonbyul never opens his mouth to explain everything about that and he just acted normally every single day. Until finally, Yongsun made up her mind. She would talk about it with Moonbyul no matter what. She deserves to know the truth.

Or not, Yongsun would dumbly assumed that Moonbyul probably has the same feeling like hers.

Until that one fine day, Moonbyul proved it wrong.

It was their special big day when the three of them, Yongsun, Moonbyul and Soojung made to one of the most huge singing competitions in Korea. After uncounted days of practicing, finally their hardworks pay off. It is such a sweet, unbelievable yet nice coincidence that the three of them have talent in singing. Moonbyul and Soojung always declared that Yongsun has the most powerful voice among them, but Yongsun always denied it shyly. The three of them shared the same dream. They will take the music course if they enter in the university later and have career in music industry.

As the huge competition was held in Seoul, the three of them took the chance to look around the popular city before the competition starts. They went to the shopping mall, strolled around without any intention to buy anything and ended up entering a tteokbokki restaurant in the mall. Each of them ordered various type of dishes based on ttekbokki and ate all the food happily.

When Soojung excused herself to go to the toilet, Yongsun and Moonbyul were left alone and that’s the moment Yongsun felt that it is the perfect time to ask Moonbyul about it. Even that she was dead nerveous and quite embrassed because of the past incident, Yongsun shrugged the thoughts off and asked about it to Moonbyul straightforwardly, with only tiny bit of courages inside her heart.

“B-Byul-ah, c-can we t-talk?”, asked Yongsun, stuttered hard.

Moonbyul who was still shoving the spicy tteokbokki into his mouth, lifted his head and looked at Yongsun curiously. He nodded his head slowly, signed Yongsun to continue.

The girl that was sitting in front of him looked quite nervous as she would always huffed her breathes and glanced at anything but Moonbyul. On the other hand, Yongsun can’t help herself to feel shivers kept running to her spine. Her palms were sweating and even her forehead too. Looked like the cool air-conditioner couldn’t even makes her feeling calms. Yongsun took a really deep breathe before she decided to just let it all out.

“What are we, Byul?”

Moonbyul stared into Yongsun’s pair of brown orbs before he gave a warm smile to the girl. “Best friend, of course. Why did you ask?”

“Ouh.”

Yongsun can feels that her heart ached after she heard Moonbyul’s spontaneous answer. She secretly shook her head and decided to just goes on until she knew the right answer. This time, she was staring straightly into Moonbyul’s hazel eyes. “Do you… love me?”

Moonbyul was a bit surprised to hear that sudden question from the girl. He started to sense that there’s might be something kept bothering the beautiful girl’s mind. Moonbyul chuckled awkwardly to cover the feeling of tense that started to surround between both of them. “Of course I love you. You’re my best friend..”

“Are you playing around?”

He gasped a bit and looked at Yongsun, confused. Moonbyul thought that the girl was a bit different from any other days before. He furrowed his eyebrows and voiced out his curiousity. “What are you talking about? Am I have do something wrong to you? If it is, I want to know what is it.”, he asked straightforwardly.

Yongsun didn’t know why she felt kind of hurt to hear Moonbyul’s husky deep voice sounds so calm even that his face looks confused. ‘This conversation is going nowhere. I should stop.’ Yongsun thought in her mind. Yongsun decided to end up the conversation as she quickly finished her drink. After that, she hurriedly got up from the chair, wore her shoes and clumsily walked out of the restaurant as fast as possible.

“Yongsun!”

She ignored Moonbyul that kept on shouting her name from inside the restaurant. Yongsun felt hot water was starting to form from her eyes and visions started to turn blurry. Without her knowledge, the hot water poured down like rain to her quite chubby cheeks.

Yongsun almost get to the main door of the mall until a strong hand suddenly snatched her hand from behind. Because of the action, her body was turned around and there she had to face an unsatisfied Moonbyul that looked at her disbelief.

“You’re not answering my question, Yongsun! Why’d you running away now?”

His soft voice that snatched her hand from behind. Because of the action, her body was turned around and there she had to face an unsatisfied Moonbyul that looked at her disbelief.

“You’re not answering my question, Yongsun! Why’d you running away now?”

His soft voice that Yongsun heard in the restaurant a while ago has changed to a harsh one. Yongsun couldn’t help herself but to finally cry like a child in front of Moonbyul. She quickly pulled Moonbyul into a tight embrace and buried her face to his strong chest. Moonbyul slowly rubbed her back to calm the girl.

“I-I’m sorry, Byul.. It just that, I don’t want to lose you.”

Moonbyul started to feel at ease to know that Yongsun actually felt scare about such thing. He smiled and nodded his head slowly. “Don’t worry, I won’t leave you, silly.”

Yongsun sobbed harder to hear Moonbyul’s sincere assurance. At the same time, she blamed herself for not telling the truth to the man and decided to keep it in her heart. But at least Yongsun felt a bit happy and glad that Moonbyul chase her until here and successfully made her calms.

They were in that kind of position for a pretty long time before Moonbyul asked Yongsun to go back to the restaurant. Soojung must be worried that the both of them were suddenly missing. So, they were walking back to the restaurant hand in hand. Yongsun secretly lifted her head, glanced at Moonbyul that walked beside her and smiled like a fool who kept falling in love more and more.

As they almost get to the restaurant, they saw Soojung was already waiting at the outside. She waved at both of them and grinned before turned upside down when she noticed their hands were interwined with each other. Soojung frowned and looked at Moonbyul for explanation. Yongsun felt weird when Moonbyul nodded his head to Soojung and the other girl smiled.

Suddenly, Moonbyul let go of Yongsun’s hand and interwined it with Soojung instead. Yongsun looked at both of them, with her heart started to feel mixes kind of feeling. She gulped her saliva slowly as her heart thumped like crazy. Yongsun faithfully waited until Moonbyul finally opened his mouth.

“Yongsun, actually we want to tell this from a long time ago. But, we never have the chance. Actually… we are officially dating.”

With a split of second, Moonbyul made her day crashed into pieces. It became more painful when she saw Soojung smiled happily to her and Moonbyul turned Soojung to face him and pecked her lips before looked at Yongsun back. Smiling to the secretly heartbroken Yongsun. That was the moment that Yongsun knew, she was fully regrets not to tell the truth to Moonbyul at the first place. And now, she was the one to blame.

---

Yongsun didn’t do well in the competition and was asked to immediately stop her singing when her voice was trembling from the very start. While Moonbyul and Soojung did their very best and won, with Moonbyul at the first place while Soojung at the second place.

And as soon as that, Yongsun decided to forget about her dream to become a singer and took the nursing course instead when they successfully entered colleges. And this time, they were separated when they have to continue their studies in different universities. But Yongsun didn’t know why she felt quite relieve and glad about it. Maybe she needs space, for her still broken heart. Heck, breaking more from time to time.

End of flashback