nine

For The Love Of God Don't Touch Her

So I was a ghoul, but not really a ghoul...this would take some getting used to. I still had to be careful, but not as much.
'Ghouls are born' said Rose 'maybe you're different because you were created'
'Makes sense I suppose' I said 'but now I feel sorry for you, you unlocked your kagune because of me so now you're fully fledged as they say' she giggled.
'Only you could put something so cute and so dangerous together' she laughed.
'But that's exactly what you are' I said and I swear I saw her blush.
How cute.

ROSE'S POV: I felt so happy for Lisa, she could be herself and not worry about hurting anyone which I could tell she was nervous about.
But she was new discovery, people would be after her for a whole different reason.
'You still have to be careful' I warned and she kissed me.
'I will be don't worry' she said. She always knew how to shut me up.
'Well well well what do we have here?' a snide voice from behind us asked.
I stepped infront of Lisa, there was no way I was going to let her get hurt again.
But this time I think was different.
I don't think these were hunters.
The one I assumed was the leader laughed.
'Why are you protecting that human? You know she'd kill you as soon as she had the chance'
These guys were like me, so why did they want to hurt us?
'She isn't like others, she's different' they laughed again.
'Don't be stupid, no step aside, if you won't get rid of her...' I watched as their kagunes appeared 'then we will'

LISA'S POV: 'NOOOOO!' shouted Rose as her own kagune began to bloom 'she's like us and I won't let you hurt her!' she ran at them, kagune pointed and ready to strike. I'd forgotten just how fast she was even if it was two against one. Maybe she could win after all.
'I've had enough of people trying to destroy us all the time!' I heard her yell 'just leave us alone!' it seemed the more emotional and and angry she got, the stronger she was...or so I thought at least.
All of sudden I heard her scream and fall to the floor.
The other two legged it and I ran over to her.
'Rose? Rose, are you okay?' she was holding her arm, her kagune was still out but it was limp and lying on the floor, pulsating as if it was alive.
'Rose, talk to me please' I said.
'I'm alright Lisa' she said trying to smile but it looked like it hurt her to do so.
'What happened?' I asked trying to check her over for any injuries.
'One of them bit me' she replied 'damaged my kagune. No big deal'
I looked around, there was blood everywhere.
'It looks like a big deal to me'
'I've had worse, I just need to rest and it'll heal itself' she managed to stand up but fell into me.
I caught her quickly and scooped her up in my arms.
'Wh-what are you doing?' she asked confused.
I smiled 'what does it look like? I'm taking you home'