nine

Lipstick Chateau

I couldn't wait to see JongIn the next day, he'd text me that evening saying that he would pick me up and I was up bright and early to choose my outfit for the day.
However, I was horrified by what I saw when I got into the car.
'Oh my God what happened to you??' his left eye was bruised and looked sore and swollen but he just shook his head.
'It's nothing, it doesn't matter' I reached over hima and took the keys out of the ignition.
'We're not going anywhere until you explain what's happened' he sighed and gave in.
'My dad paid a visit last night'
'Did he do this to you??' I asked in shock and he nodded.
'Not that he meant to, he was aiming for my mom and I got in the way'
'JongIn, I'm so sorry, I don't klnow what to say...I had no idea' I felt awful for all the times I had complained about my life.
'It's fine, I'm used to it' he said 'although this is the first time it's gotten physical' I gave him back the keys.
'What do you mean?' I asked as he started the car.
'Ever since my fathers buisness went down he's been a drunk, now and again he comes back into me and my moms life and blames her and argues with her'
'But you said you hadn't seen him since you were a kid'
He shrugged 'everyone tells little white lies now and again' he said 'and I wanted to protect you' he added.
'Protect me from what?'
'My mom told him about us, thought it would make him happy, it did the opposite'
'Because I'm not from a rich family?' he nodded.
'Which is complete bull seeing as he has no right to judge anymore' he said angrily, gripping the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles turned white.
'JongIn calm down' I soothed 'getting yourself worked up won't help anybody' I touched his arm which felt so tense that it was rock hard 'slow down a bit' I added when I glanced at the speedometer 'you're going over the limit, you'll get into trouble' he didn't seem to hear me, I sighed and looked back out at the road 'JONGIN LOOK OUT!' I screamed and shut my eyes as he slammed on the brakes.
But it wasn't enough.

I opened my eyes and coughed straight away, smoke was everywhere, billowing out from the smashed bonnet, I tried to reach to relase myself but I was stuck and my arm hurt.
I looked over to JongIn to check he was okay
His eyes were closed and he was bleeding from a wound on his head, there was blood on the steering wheel and on the windshield which was smashed beyond repair.
'JongIn? JongIn, can you hear me?' I asked 'JongIn please wake up' nothing happened.
I tried my best to wriggle my phone out of my pocket and called for help. I didn't care about myself but I knew that he was in danger and I couldn't lose him. I wouldn't lose him.
'Don't worry JongIn, everything's gonna be okay, I promise' I said 'just hang in there okay, don't give up'
I don't remember much after that because I think I out but I do recall flashing lights and voices telling me that everything would be okay.
'I'm fine' I mumbled to them 'help him'
'We're going to help you both' was the reply.