ten

Lipstick Chateau

I woke up in an uncomfratable bed and blinding lights and a bone crushing hug from my mom.
'Thank god you're okay. I was so worried' she said 'the nurse said you weren't hurt that badly but you wouldn't wake up'
'I'm fine mom'
'What were you thinking of?? You could have died?'
'But I didn't did I? I'm still here'
She hugged me again 'don't you ever do anything like that ever again'
'I don't plan to mom' I muttered.
Just then a nurse walked in

'Ah you're awake HyunAe; she smiled 'that's good'
'Where's JongIn?' I asked 'is he okay? can I see him?' she suddenly looked sad 'what? what aren't you telling me?'
'Your friend is in a bad way'
'How bad is bad?' I asked worried, worried about the answer.
'He wasn't wearing his seatbelt. there's a chance he could have neck and back injuries, also he did hit his head pretty hard' she explained
I had heard about the consquences of not wearing your seatbelt could be. I felt sick, my heart was in my throat.
'C-can I see him?' she nodded and my mom helped me out of bed, not that she needed to, all that was wrong with me was a broken arm and bruising.
'Do you want me to come with you?' she asked and I shook my head.
This was something I had to do on my own.
And to tell the truth, I was terrified.

I hesitated before going in.
'Are you sure you want to do this? the nurse asked and I nodded and stepped inside
And then nearly ran back out again. The sight before me made me want to scream.
He was covered in bandages, the sound of a heart monitor was the only one in the room.
'This is all my fault' I whispered to myself.
I sat down in the chair by the bed and laid my head down.
'I'm so sorry JongIn' I said 'this shouldn't have happened, maybe if you weren;t with me then this wouldn't have happened, maybe your dad wouldn't be mad and then you wouldn't have been driving so fast' I sighed.
Just then I could have sworn I saw his hand move. I called to the nurse and she came straight away.
'What's happned?' she asked.
'I saw him move' I replied and she gave me a sorry look.
'Your friend, JongIn is it? I nodded 'he's under heavy sedation, I dount he moved right now'
'But I saw it, he moved his hand' she turned to leave 'hey! where are you going??' she ignored me 'Ugh!'
I turned back to JongIn
'You dod move, I know you did, keep fighting JongIn, you can do this, I know you can' I paused 'I'm begging you' 
I started crying as I lay my head back down.

I didn't want to go back to school the next day but I had to face the music sometime.
'Hey , you finally decided to show your face then' I heard HeeYoung call from the other side of the Cafateria. I sighed and turned around.
'I have nothing to hide' I said
'You're the reason JongIn could have been killed but you have nothing to hide? You've got a nerve' and before I knew it, I was on the ground with blood coming from my nose. HeeYoung had hit me.
I sniffed the blood up and got to my feet.
'I understand why you hate me' I said 'but you can't me more than I do right now. I didn't cause the accident, JongIn wasn't wearing his seatbelt, if he was he wouldn't have gotten as badly hurt as he did'
'How dare you try and blame him!' HeeYoung yelled at me 'you shouldn't even be here, you're nothing but a liar and a fake!' her friends had to hold her back from hitting me again. I sighed and walked away 'get back here you cow!' she shouted.
I just showed her the finger.